We are really good

Boogievol

Coach Pruitt said on vol calls: "you know, I think we are really good. It sounds crazy but you see it." I don't think coach Pruitt makes up nonsense just to hear himself talk. I think if he says the team is really good then he truly believes they are really good. This is a man who has coached some really good teams and I'm certain he knows what a really good team looks like. I'll hang up and listen.

I'll say this.
There is a considerable amount of talent on this time. And I think Pruitt more or less has found every player a home, positionally speaking.

Every level, offense and defense, we have playmakers. And DLine is the just by average the biggest we've ever had.

Simple offense. Screens. dump passes. Deep passes. Speed sweeps TE seem. Fade balls and counter runs. Depending on the QB, we're anywhere from a 7-5 to 11-1 team.

Bama still has Saban and Tua, so no beating them. Maybe 2nd go around?

Need to beat Florida this season then go from there. So many questions with this team. What are we going to get out of the Dline, can Trey stay healthy, what will these freshman olinemen bring to the table, if JG gets a decent line what does he give us?

Just thinking, but aside from depth, what specific positions are concerns? Not to single out players specifically, but what positions are a liability or just flat come up short when our 1s are on the field?

Just thinking, but aside from depth, what specific positions are concerns? Not to single out players specifically, but what positions are a liability or just flat come up short when our 1s are on the field?
The only real question mark for me is depth on the d-line and will we be able to get a consistent pass rush.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol

Both lines and just the general youth of every position group, except the skill positions. I think the youth is a cause for concern for this year, but in the grand scheme of things, it has me really excited for the near future. We just need to collect enough wins, and look good enough in our losses, to keep building recruiting momentum.

Remember UGA comes to Neyland. This team IS very good and could even be a year ahead of schedule.

Coach Pruitt said on vol calls: "you know, I think we are really good. It sounds crazy but you see it." I don't think coach Pruitt makes up nonsense just to hear himself talk. I think if he says the team is really good then he truly believes they are really good. This is a man who has coached some really good teams and I'm certain he knows what a really good team looks like. I'll hang up and listen.
Good at what? Football?

Look, I really like Pruitt and I’m on record saying one thing I really like about the Pruitt hire is the successful programs he’s coached at and that “he knows what championship players and teams look like”.

That said, I’m not sure we can go from literally one of the very worst teams in P5 football last year that got blown out by lowly Vanderbilt and could barely eek out a win vs lowly Charlotte at home, to a “really good team” so quickly.

I hope he’s spot on and we see that very good team beginning tomorrow, but I just gotta see it to believe it.

The offensive line as a whole is suspect for one reason or another, honestly but I would say LT specifically is just a major unknown. We could be trotting out a right handed quarterback with a freshman left tackle. Our freshman is an elite recruit, to be fair, but Miami started a frosh LT and we all know how that turned out...

Reactions: Offset Eye
The offensive line as a whole is suspect for one reason or another, honestly but I would say LT specifically is just a major unknown. We could be trotting out a right handed quarterback with a freshman left tackle. Our freshman is an elite recruit, to be fair, but Miami started a frosh LT and we all know how that turned out...
Miami’s LT was a borderline 2 star and Wanya Morris is a prototypical 5* LT that is a ridiculous comparison

I will say, of the online can just be average....our offense has the potential to be top 3 in the conference. Our secondary even with Bryce not playing is still really good imo, good LBs when healthy...if the dline can be above average and give us just enough pressure...watch out.

Reactions: DonDiego
Good at what? Football?

Look, I really like Pruitt and I’m on record saying one thing I really like about the Pruitt hire is the successful programs he’s coached at and that “he knows what championship players and teams look like”.

That said, I’m not sure we can go from literally one of the very worst teams in P5 football last year that got blown out by lowly Vanderbilt and could barely eek out a win vs lowly Charlotte at home, to a “really good team” so quickly.

I hope he’s spot on and we see that very good team beginning tomorrow, but I just gotta see it to believe it.
we beat two ranked teams, we weren’t that terrible just deficient in several spots. We were bad but the team that starts tomorrow will look completely different than what we fielded a year ago

VN Store

Back