We are now Chris Singleton's leader..

The thing to note about the Singleton article is that a month or so ago he said nothing sooner than July. Then a little bit later, he said possibly sooner. Now he is saying June till December. He keeps bringing it closer.

UT basketball needs Singleton to verbal soon to help us in our recovery from the loss.

Are you serious? We were 1 point away from beating a vastly more talented team with the #1 NBA draft pick and going to the Elite Eight. We played amazing just to get to that position. There is no distress with the basketball team right now. If fact, the momentum is firmly on our side.

Are you serious? We were 1 point away from beating a vastly more talented team with the #1 NBA draft pick and going to the Elite Eight. We played amazing just to get to that position. There is no distress with the basketball team right now. If fact, the momentum is firmly on our side.

I'm sure he means emotionally for the fans. Everyone is sort of down, so a verbal from a top recruit would help pick us up.

I really hope Chris commits soon, he needs to get the ball rolling on a great class like Marques Johnson and Chism did for '06.

Settle down, Rick. I'm as proud as anyone about the season UT had, but this loss leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. They had OSU beat, and somehow lost it. No distress? Momentum? Then why don't you tell me why Bruce Pearl was so pissed in the post-game press conference. Obviously something went wrong. Oh yeah, they blew a 20-point lead and a chance to play Memphis to get to the Final Four. All I was saying is that everyone is down right now, and a verbal from Singleton would help pick everyone up faster than the usual recovery time.

Go take your prozac.

I'm sure he means emotionally for the fans. Everyone is sort of down, so a verbal from a top recruit would help pick us up.

I really hope Chris commits soon, he needs to get the ball rolling on a great class like Marques Johnson and Chism did for '06.

Exactly.

i just dont like losing like this. I mean we were up 20 freakin points and blew it, i could actually see the final four with about 2 minutes remaining in the first half cause we were playing so good... I dont think anyone is really upset with the team nor Pearl, i believe its more so the way we lost and i believe everyone would feel the same way about this loss whether it was the championship game or the first round of the tournament, its supposed to hurt that shows that you are a true VOL FAN and it will get us all pumped up wanting more next season

i just dont like losing like this. I mean we were up 20 freakin points and blew it, i could actually see the final four with about 2 minutes remaining in the first half cause we were playing so good... I dont think anyone is really upset with the team nor Pearl, i believe its more so the way we lost and i believe everyone would feel the same way about this loss whether it was the championship game or the first round of the tournament, its supposed to hurt that shows that you are a true VOL FAN and it will get us all pumped up wanting more next season

:salute: WELL SAID!! I will be at the first game next year yelling my arse off. We might need Pearl and the b-ball team after next football season

I was smelling the Final 4 the last time the Vols were in the Sweet 16 (2000). Then, we blew the game to UNC.

Here is a tidbit on Singleton's performance in the adidas nations workout:

Chris Singleton – Get ready to hear about him a lot this spring. The Canton, Georgia native seemed to be incredibly focused on the task at hand, ran the guard drills with ease, defended quick and strong guards well in the scrimmage and really seemed focus on the task at hand. If he maintains that mentality this spring, he could easily climb up from his top 40 ranking.

just because we're his leader doesn't mean he has to commit to us right away. Peoples list change all the time.

And he has said he doesn't plan on doing anything before June, as stated in the thread.

the thread also states that we would have a very happy March, on and off the court. So far we've been put out of the tourney and kicked a player off the team, and lost a recruit.

Look at the bright side. We still have our head coach, and our best returning player is not playing for the Knicks.

Being rid of the Passleys makes me very happy.

I agree. I was always "iffy" on the whole Passley transfer/younger brother commitment deal -- especially when Tony got caught with weed over here on campus. Then I heard about his brother not being able to pass his classes in high school and getting kicked off the team. That sealed it for me -- I was hoping something would happen to keep us clear of that train wreck waiting to happen.

And it did. Good luck to you, Passleys. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The getting beat was bad but the other 2 were good. It freed up 2 schollys that we will likely fill with players of a way higher caliber.

VN Store

Back