Watching the EPSNU replay of Music City Bowl, damn we got hosed.

I was at the MCB. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. It was robbery, those officials should never be allowed to officiate another game ever again
I was there too

First it was freaking four hours long

So exhausting and annoying. Allowing them back into the game. Then Purdues fainting goats. I mean they were just as bad as Ole Miss. And I was around a bunch of Purdue fans who were really nice, but they kept blabbering "ah man if we had Karlaftis, if we had this or that we would kill them"

I LOST IT when they took that TD away from us.

Well good news is we have SEC officials with the Pitt game this year. Not saying they can offiacte better but hopefully the BS calls will be less vs Pitt

Sadly, we cant depend on SEC officials doing a fair job either......I recall the OU game in Norman and SEC officials gave OU every break. Then the next year in Neyland, Big12 refs made every call OU's way in the 4th qtr. The pass interference on the ball in the stands was the worst.

Sadly, we cant depend on SEC officials doing a fair job either......I recall the OU game in Norman and SEC officials gave OU every break. Then the next year in Neyland, Big12 refs made every call OU's way in the 4th qtr. The pass interference on the ball in the stands was the worst.
Little confidence in the Sankey-ti-monious
SEC zebras, either. Vols have to play well enough to overcome officiating incompetnce or outrright bias.

Last edited:
Yes, we got hosed. But...if we had played better, the officiating crew wouldn't have determined the outcome of the ballgame. Gotta play better ball.
Completely agree. Way too many self-inflicted mistakes. As much as I like Heupel, I think his clock management is something he needs to improve upon. There’s no reason we shouldn’t have been in reasonable field goal range on that last drive. Yes Tillman got held down the sideline, but we had timeouts . We could work the middle of the field. We should’ve won that game, beyond the fact that the officiating was terrible.

Damn we got hosed.
Three games last year. If we can replace what we lost last year and avoid the hose, we can shock some people. That said, I'm still keeping my expectations at 7-8 reg season wins. I would be lying if I said I would be surprised based on what I saw last year, but we have to replace what we lost for anything that returned to matter.

VN Store

Back