Watching game from Johnson City

Skoby's = GOAT Restaurant.

Someone told me Pal just bought a 7 figure car. Seems he was loading up while rest of us were scratching and clawing.

Pal is in a wheelchair and I doubt he drives anywhere, his son probably bought the car.
Skobys was the first job I ever had.
Remember Dobbins-Taylor?

Pal is in a wheelchair and I doubt he drives anywhere, his son probably bought the car.
Skobys was the first job I ever had.
Remember Dobbins-Taylor?

I have been inside the remnants, big place. Hard to believe it left us.

Yeah, he has a driver. That's extent if my knowledge base. i dont know him.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I have been inside the remnants, big place. Hard to believe it left us.

Yeah, he has a driver. That's extent if my knowledge base. i dont know him.

D-T was a huge store that had everything from fine jewelry to lumber.
I don't see them any more since I moved to Knoxville, what kind of car was it?

I grew up less than 3 miles from the one Colonial Heights. I am so old I remember them building I-81 through Colonial Heights as well.
I grew up in Colonial Heights as well. 81 getting built was before my time though. Did you go to South or Central?

Reactions: Jackcrevol
D-T was a huge store that had everything from fine jewelry to lumber.
I don't see them any more since I moved to Knoxville, what kind of car was it?

Take a guess. Wild guess; starts with F ends with errari. No big deal i guess anymore. Some of those guys have done well.

Yep, remember Dobbins-Taylor. Skobys was my first job also. Worked there in the early 80’s

I worked there from 85 to 87. Did you ever happen to go to one their birthday parties at the AFG cabin on Boone lake, that was a great time even at 16 years old.

I don't really consider Bluff City to be part of the Tri-Cities, but it is my favorite BBQ. Ridgewood>Firehouse>Phil's Dream Pit>Braeden's/Southern Craft>Pratt's would probably be my list for the area.
Good list. I would say Phil’s, Pratt’s, Braedens, Ridgewood are top 4

Same here, can also remember when Ft Henry Dr was 2 lanes going through Colonial Heights.

I can barely remember the 2 lanes through CH, I do remember McDonald's being the only fast food place and then they built a Burger King right down the hill.

Reactions: ffemtp
I worked there from 85 to 87. Did you ever happen to go to one their birthday parties at the AFG cabin on Boone lake, that was a great time even at 16 years old.
I worked there from 81-84 or 85...getting old, can’t remember, lol. Yep went to several Skobys parties at AFG cabin. Yes they were great times for a teenager. Pal did know how to throw a party

VN Store

Back