Watching game from Johnson City

Sorry guys not sure what you mean? What is this Cheers you speak of?

I do recall an Original Funeatery afoot, down the street from the Miracle Mall.

Also in JC was Mingle's. Damn good Roast Beef Sammich.
I had to look up "miracle mall". I had no idea it was ever called that. I grew up in KPT. I've heard stories about Mingle's, but never went there. I feel less old now lol.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I love the way this thread answered the original question and without missing a beat, went right into where to find the best BBQ, beer, and hangouts in town! It’s like ya’ll read my mind!

My uncle bartended at QB's LOL.

Here's one for ya! TC's Tennessee Coast...Grady's...Bonefish.

I probably knew your uncle, fake id got me in TC's a few time. Dad took me to Porkeys Apex when I first went to ETSU.
RIDGEWOOD is the best BBQ in the Tri-Cities.

I had to look up "miracle mall". I had no idea it was ever called that. I grew up in KPT. I've heard stories about Mingle's, but never went there. I feel less old now lol.

Don't feel old, I remember when the only Pal's were walk in only and the Fort Henry mall being built.

Reactions: ffemtp
Plenty of good spots.. Tipton St pub is by far my favorite bar.. Food and drink specials are great. Numans sports bar, OT sports & social, Wild Wing Cafe, Bdubs to name a few. Southern Craft bbq isn't a bad spot either.

Agree with those.....Applebee's might be another....But I have caught them at the ones mentioned here.

I probably knew your uncle, fake id got me in TC's a few time. Dad took me to Porkeys Apex when I first went to ETSU.

I'm sure you do! TC. There's a story in itself. Tu La Fe, Poor Richard's. He's underappreciated in lore of JC.

Porky's huh? You see any OBC family in there?

I don't really consider Bluff City to be part of the Tri-Cities, but it is my favorite BBQ. Ridgewood>Firehouse>Phil's Dream Pit>Braeden's/Southern Craft>Pratt's would probably be my list for the area.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I don't really consider Bluff City to be part of the Tri-Cities, but it is my favorite BBQ. Ridgewood>Firehouse>Phil's Dream Pit>Braeden's/Southern Craft>Pratt's would probably be my list for the area.

Southern Craft is good bc it isnt TN bbq. Mustardy/Vinegar based stuff. Other stuff is crap. SC actually seasons its meat, you can taste the difference.

Ridgewood is crap. It tastes like Red Pig to me

Southern Craft is good bc it isnt TN bbq. Mustardy/Vinegar based stuff. Other stuff is crap. SC actually seasons its meat, you can taste the difference.

Ridgewood is crap. It tastes like Red Pig to me

anigif_original-7106-1443625995-9.gif

NC BBQ is minced meat covered in vinegar and cayenne pepper. SC is wet meat covered in mustard and cayenne pepper.

Both have little to no real rub on them, and are hot garbage.

anigif_original-7106-1443625995-9.gif

NC BBQ is minced meat covered in vinegar and cayenne pepper. SC is wet meat covered in mustard and cayenne pepper.

Both have little to no real rub on them, and are hot garbage.

Southern Craft*

South Carolina is full of mouthbreathers that legitimately think it will rise again. Super proud of their bassackwards ways, morans, rednecks, and Will Muschamp!

Oh, and their bbq sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: UT_Dutchman

That's a good list though I still haven't been to Phils. I always liked Skobys BBQ as well.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

VN Store

Back