WASH OG Nate Kalepo

I feel like we only add anyone else if they are a true impact player, because we have guys that can start right now in the defensive backfield and a LG.

LG feels more likely to me. That's definitely much thinner than DB. Jakobe Thomas, McCoy, McMurray, Turrentine, Gibson, Brooks, Charles, and Jourdan Thomas have all started games and played well.

Christian Charles is someone to keep an eye on for me. He was so bad at corner, but he did in fact beat out McCullough as a true freshman for that mizzou game and was very hyped back then. He could be back to being a good player since he's back at his natural position. I at least like him in the 2 deep. Underrated luxury.
Good point about Charles. He was out of position as a CB and COULD be a good Safety. But he has to stay healthy. He's just been hurt his whole time in Knoxville.

So any updates here? Are we going after this guy? Hard to tell on this thread...
We have two Sr LGs. If we take a LG we need one with multiple years.

I think they believe Karic can improve enough to be a quality starter with Lampley solid depth. AK could likely leave if we bring someone in with new rule so it would have to have multi year value.

They lose their star rb, but return their QB and Star wr. Not sure about trenches.
I think cook regresses. They lost 2 OL, and they lost 10 defensive contributors (, 2 DE, 3 of the 4 DTs that were in the rotation last year, their best 2 LBs, and 3 guys in the secondary including their best corner.

Last year Mississippi state, South Carolina, etc would be wins for them, but this year they’ll be toss ups. 7-5.

I think they believe Karic can improve enough to be a quality starter with Lampley solid depth. AK could likely leave if we bring someone in with new rule so it would have to have multi year value.
I think Dayne Davis might also be in play at LG. And I think he could be better there than at OT.

Well that settles that. Next.
I get the feeling UT likes what we have as potential LGs between Karic, Lampley, and Davis. Getting Heard means Davis can slide inside, where he is probably better suited. Karic is athletic, just needs to get stronger. Lampley looked good in the bowl. And Umarov will develop and likely get a look there.

Not saying they wouldn’t take a portal Guard, maybe in the Spring, but it also feels like they have enough confidence in the current guys that they feel like they can be selective.

I think cook regresses. They lost 2 OL, and they lost 10 defensive contributors (, 2 DE, 3 of the 4 DTs that were in the rotation last year, their best 2 LBs, and 3 guys in the secondary including their best corner.

Last year Mississippi state, South Carolina, etc would be wins for them, but this year they’ll be toss ups. 7-5.

Think you’re talking about Mo. and they also lost their D Coordinator who was really good! So I definitely think they take a step back this year!

They do get Cook back and he ran their offense really well. Not sure how you replace a guy like Schrader, their RB. Dude just wanted it. They had a legit defense and adding to it. I made fun of Drinkowitz, especially when they gave him that extension after we smoked them two years in a row, but he seems to be a good enough coach to at least hire good assistants. That was a solid team this past season, so I’m not confident in saying they will drop off a lot from here. Still don’t want them in the league, but here we are…
They lost the best player on their team (the RB), they lost 2 starters on the OL, and they lost 10 defensive guys, all 10 of whom will be in an NFL training camp at least (7 of them are projected to be drafted, the other 3 are good enough to be picked up as UFAs). They also lost their DC.

Looking at their schedule, its one of the easiest SEC schedules I've ever seen, and yet there are only 4 guaranteed wins: Buffalo, Umass, Vanderbilt, and Murray State.

Then they have 1 game that is a likely win but not automatic in Boston College (lost by 2 to FSU, beat #22 SMU in bowl game).

They have 2 games that are basically guaranteed losses in Oklahoma and Bama.

They have 2 other games that aren't guaranteed losses but theyre likely losses in TAMU and Auburn.

With those games, they're sitting at 5-4.

Then they have the toss-ups: Mississippi State, Arkansas, and South Carolina. They gotta get all 3 of those just to get to 8-4.

I'm seeing 7-5.

For comparison, Tennessee has 2 likely losses in Bama and Georgia, 2 toss ups in Florida (should be a win but I call it a toss up for obvious reasons) and Oklahoma, and 8 games that are in the likely win or guaranteed win category.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
They lost the best player on their team (the RB), they lost 2 starters on the OL, and they lost 10 defensive guys, all 10 of whom will be in an NFL training camp at least (7 of them are projected to be drafted, the other 3 are good enough to be picked up as UFAs). They also lost their DC.

Looking at their schedule, its one of the easiest SEC schedules I've ever seen, and yet there are only 4 guaranteed wins: Buffalo, Umass, Vanderbilt, and Murray State.

Then they have 1 game that is a likely win but not automatic in Boston College (lost by 2 to FSU, beat #22 SMU in bowl game).

They have 2 other games that aren't guaranteed losses but theyre likely losses in TAMU and Auburn.

Then they have the toss-ups: Mississippi State, Arkansas, and South Carolina. They gotta get all 3 of those just to get to 8-4.

I'm seeing 7-5.

For comparison, Tennessee has 2 likely losses in Bama and Georgia, 2 toss ups in Florida (should be a win but I call it a toss up for obvious reasons) and Oklahoma, and 8 games that are in the likely win or guaranteed win category.

I honestly don’t see bama as likely loss this year! Neyland is the site and this isn’t going to be the bama of last few years! Jmo

isn’t Karic’s biggest issue that he can’t get enough size/strength?

Reactions: NighthawkVol

I'm seeing 7-5.

NC state, they loaded up for bear on offense in portal and most pundits have them top 25 in early polls. I think that early in the season they are more of a threat than Florida will be as late as we play them..With a young QB early season is the worst and breaking in a new left side of the oline.

We know! Hell, we led Ala for 3 Quarters this year with us having a $hit QB and horrid Secondary.We were inside the 20
six times and scored zero TD's. And were still a Milton fumble for A TD away from having a shot to tie the game in Tuscalooser!
Milton wasn’t a $hit QB. Just stop.

We know! Hell, we led Ala for 3 Quarters this year with us having a $hit QB and horrid Secondary.We were inside the 20
six times and scored zero TD's. And were still a Milton fumble for A TD away from having a shot to tie the game in Tuscalooser!
Actually we were 1 for 4 inside the redzone in terms of TDs against Bama. I agree that we kick their ass in Neyland next year tho.

VN Store

Back