Was surfing on the Iowa forum and

Our luck Toms kid is a stud at Iowa

I’m not sure all of the legacies were that bad or Jones insecurity resulted in him not pushing them enough to be great players. Jones desperately wanted former players to like him.

That’s what happens when you coach scared, and the job is too big for you. It didn’t take too long for the former players to figure him out.

Reactions: wmcovol
Some of you seem to feel that a kid being a legacy automatically means he is a waste of time to recruit. This is reckless, and I can guarantee the staff doesn't feel this way.
No, not that it's a waste of time, it's just not a necessity like the previous regime. If the legacy is good, I'm sure he would recruit them. It's as simple as that. JMO

Has anyone ever driven through Iowa? Cross the Mississippi on I80 and there’s nothing but corn for 300 miles.
The state produces more corn than any other state.
Of course, if I leave Chicago and head to St Louis there’s nothing but corn and soybeans for 300 miles

Has anyone ever driven through Iowa? Cross the Mississippi on I80 and there’s nothing but corn for 300 miles.
Of course, if I leave Chicago and head to St Louis there’s nothing but corn and soybeans for 300 miles
Can verify. I was born in Shelbyville, Illinois, and moved here in 2007.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Yes. Worse drive ever was through the Midwest. Nothing but seas of green on each side of the road.

Considering the toxic relationship Dooley had with them, I can’t say that I particularly fault Butch for trying to mend relationships with former players.
GBO!!

I don’t either but, as a father, I want my son treated fairly & safely but pushed hard to be as good as he could be. I think former Vols want the same thing.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
If there's one thing Kirk Ferentz knows it's Offensive Line talent. He has a pretty good track record with the big uglies in the pros. In other words, if he's interesed I'm interested. Since this kid is a legacy maybe we can swoop in late and add him if there's room.

Used to see Tom Myslinksi and Dale Carter (separately) at the Lap/Library quite often back in 90-91 timeframe. Tom was huge, really stood out.
He set some weightlifting records among the football program back then. For his era, he was incredibly strong. 1989 was one of the best offensive lines we have ever had.

Incidentally, Tom Myslinski's dad, also named Mike... played for Maryland. This kid is a 3rd generation D1 football player. You don't see much of that.

VN Store

Back