Was Neyland Loud?

For those of you that were there, was it overly loud? Hard to tell from watching on tv, but the noise levels were never mentioned much by the announcers on tv. Just curious! Go Vols and big win!
It was super loud! I’m sending a pic of florida s
12th man.

Attachments

• 2B8F6F02-960E-4F91-B286-52B6A004519C.jpeg
    2B8F6F02-960E-4F91-B286-52B6A004519C.jpeg
    972.7 KB · Views: 52
I thought it was loud and pretty sustained the whole game. Crowd would have erupted if they brought down for a safety. I could never hear anything the ref would say, but that might be normal.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
The crowd was loud celebrating the win with over 4 minutes left. On that last drive, that ended properly(Pressure QB get the pick.), the crowd was shell shocked knowing they had jinxed the Vols and the game. I appreciate a win despite all the jinxes that Vol fans put on our team.

I’m guilty myself

Thank you team. Great game. It was thrilling.
I saw the mini chopping in the stands on tv and was like ‘oh nooooo’ 😂 ‘we did it now’ lol

Rich people are just as loud and rowdy as poor people. Where's a Joe Biden meme template...
Facts. I’ll add that we have a lot of new generation fans. A lot of fans that don’t know exactly what it means to be in the stadium in games like these and a lot of fans are learning. Sounds odd but I think it factors in for sure. It was still loud so I’d say they did pretty well. Let’s see what we sound like when Bama comes to town.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Very loud. Intimidating. But not historic loud in my opinion. Having been to as many games as I have and seen all kinds of improbable comebacks, I was really uncomfortable with the gator chomp. My lingering BVS and experience following the Vols said it foreshadowed a furious gator rally. This time the Vols made the last play of the game.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Rich people are just as loud and rowdy as poor people. Where's a Joe Biden meme template...
Hmmmm.... interesting take.

All things being equal, you are correct. As we, and Mr Spock, know....all things are not equal.

Typically, experience (age) is required to amass income. Hence, old people have money more often than young. Hence, more old people attend expensive games than the typical makeup of cupcake games, for example.

Would you make the statement that "old people are as loud as young?"

I agree with the poster who noted some of the extra noise level was priced out.

104 db from jumbotron db meter. Sad really the renovations hurt the db level no doubt.
Rucker said it got to 108 I thought? How did the renovations hurt? You sure the younger crowd isn't just not as passionate about it?

Yes. Crowd was insane.

But...

There were ALOT of the rich donors' seats empty on the Home side. Primo seats.

Crazy that they let them go unused.

Yesterday was loud, but Ole Miss last year was louder. I sat in the same upper deck seats behind the end zone for both games as a comparison. However, I had 50 yd line seats 3/4 up in a lower section for OK ‘15 and that one had my ears ringing for 3 days afterward.

Last edited:
Personally, I’ve been to Neyland twice, it’s not the loudest stadium I’ve been in. But it is the biggest, fullest, most massive and iconic I’ve been in. The passion and intensity is among the best anywhere.

But the noise isn’t what blows you away. I think the size and levels and height actually hurt it a little but there. LSU, Florida, Bama and Auburn (in their heyday) when they’re really good is super loud. Texas A&M and TN are very similar in my opinion - massive and intimidating and an incredible home field, but not deafening noise wise. That’s not to mean it isn’t crazy loud, but it’s not painfully loud, like LSU and Florida.

Reactions: newarkvol
Personally, I’ve been to Neyland twice, it’s not the loudest stadium I’ve been in. But it is the biggest, fullest, most massive and iconic I’ve been in. The passion and intensity is among the best anywhere.

But the noise isn’t what blows you away. I think the size and levels and height actually hurt it a little but there. LSU, Florida, Bama and Auburn (in their heyday) when they’re really good is super loud. Texas A&M and TN are very similar in my opinion - massive and intimidating and an incredible home field, but not deafening noise wise. That’s not to mean it isn’t crazy loud, but it’s not painfully loud, like LSU and Florida.
Maybe I missed something, but my wife is a LSU fan and we went to Death Valley and watched Burrow beat Auburn and I didn’t think it was loud at all.

Maybe I missed something, but my wife is a LSU fan and we went to Death Valley and watched Burrow beat Auburn and I didn’t think it was loud at all.

Maybe because Burrow smoked them? Place was loud as hell the couple times I went.

Way back in the day, the upper deck would mostly remain seated and stomp both feet between defensive plays. I sat underneath it once and thought the whole thing would come down on my head.

I don't get why people up there now stand up. The double foot stomp was deafening.

I haven’t sat down yet this season. The catwalk at the top of the north end upper deck is Neyland Stadium’s best-kept secret. Stomp the whole time, baby!

VN Store

Back