Was Neyland Loud?

SoFoVol

For those of you that were there, was it overly loud? Hard to tell from watching on tv, but the noise levels were never mentioned much by the announcers on tv. Just curious! Go Vols and big win!

For those of you that were there, was it overly loud? Hard to tell from watching on tv, but the noise levels were never mentioned much by the announcers on tv. Just curious! Go Vols and big win!
was it?

The crowd was loud celebrating the win with over 4 minutes left. On that last drive, that ended properly(Pressure QB get the pick.), the crowd was shell shocked knowing they had jinxed the Vols and the game. I appreciate a win despite all the jinxes that Vol fans put on our team.

I’m guilty myself

Thank you team. Great game. It was thrilling.

Also the high ticket prices lead to a different makeup of the crowd. Today was a very expensive ticket.
It was great from my back porch enjoying cheaper beer and a nice cigar. Clean restrooms, instant replay when I wanted it 😆. I’m sure the stadium was a great atmosphere, I just can’t stand for four hours anymore.

It was pretty damn loud, but yea we were all doing the Gator chomp and almost jinxed us the game lol just glad we won. 4-0 baby

It was deafening! Reminded me of the 98 win vs UF. I was at both and tonight was louder. The atmosphere was unreal!

PS I was at Ole Miss and I thought tonight was louder. FWIW.

Last edited:
It was loud, it peaked when we had Florida backed up near the goal line, and had almost gotten the safety, it was 3rd and 9 and it was rocking. Unfortunately the Gators got a first down and it got much quieter. The Gators themselves kept it more quiet than the peak games. They were so successful on 3rd and 4th down and at moving the ball in general the crowd would deflate. Plus we were leading for a long time. We tend to he at our loudest when points are scarce or we are a behind by a fg or so.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It was loud and a good atmosphere but a lot of the young people that typically make more noise were priced out today keeping from being what it could be

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Did it deafen anyone? Did the ball move before the center touched it? Did drones and other aircraft fall from the sky? Any building collapse due to resonance? Did the seismograph fall from the table? Was there a tsunami on the river?

VN Store

Back