Warchant.com Melting Down

And FSU still has a top 15 class.
It’s not totally imploded yet
I think the meltdown is they saw the whole thing as sabotage. Of all the big time recruits Prime flipped their commitment. When in reality he probably saw it it if he could get the kid was best way to get Florida States attention. And he succeeded. Of course obviously if you can get the best player possible but that type of recruit gets offers but coaches don't waste their time typically because they are hitting the big schools. Personally I feel like with the transfer rule its only a matter of time before that kid is playing for Florida State. As soon as Sanders is their coach in a couple years he will transfer with him.

Reactions: Carp
The relative lack of funds FSU has relative to the standing of their program is astonishing. Maybe @Lawrence Wright knows more but I don't think they could afford to pay any coach top tier money + give that coach needed resources even if said coach was winning multiple national titles for them. We already know they couldn't/wouldn't do that for Jimbo.

Jimbo seems like a d*ck but the more I read about how things went down for him at FSU I find myself kind of taking his side on that one.

The relative lack of funds FSU has relative to the standing of their program is astonishing. Maybe @Lawrence Wright knows more but I don't think they could afford to pay any coach top tier money + give that coach needed resources even if said coach was winning multiple national titles for them. We already know they couldn't/wouldn't do that for Jimbo.

Jimbo seems like a d*ck but the more I read about how things went down for him at FSU I find myself kind of taking his side on that one.

Jimbo wanted FSU to look like Bama or LSU in terms of facilities and resources, but FSU didn’t have the money to meet his demands.

He was also going through a messy and public divorce, so he was over Tallahassee and ready to move on.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I think the meltdown is they saw the whole thing as sabotage. Of all the big time recruits Prime flipped their commitment. When in reality he probably saw it it if he could get the kid was best way to get Florida States attention. And he succeeded. Of course obviously if you can get the best player possible but that type of recruit gets offers but coaches don't waste their time typically because they are hitting the big schools. Personally I feel like with the transfer rule its only a matter of time before that kid is playing for Florida State. As soon as Sanders is their coach in a couple years he will transfer with him.
I also think this is the "long game"- CDS wants to show FSU that they need to recruit him rather than these players. But naturally fans of the actual team are going to be mad for a long time, some of them forever.

And I think he's right. There are ways to compensate for a lack of fancy juice bars and lounges, and boy howdy, here it is, on display. Lucky, really, that FSU didn't overspend on the old way which is now a lot less important.

Jimbo wanted FSU to look like Bama or LSU in terms of facilities and resources, but FSU didn’t have the money to meet his demands.

He was also going through a messy and public divorce, so he was over Tallahassee and ready to move on.
I get that they don't have Bama or LSU money...what's amazing to me is that they appear to have high-end G5 money.

Given the success of their program since Bowden, I just don't see how that's possible. It seems like they should have way more money than they do.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
I get that they don't have Bama or LSU money...what's amazing to me is that they appear to have high-end G5 money.

Given the success of their program since Bowden, I just don't see how that's possible. It seems like they should have way more money than they do.

They don’t have the mega-donors you’d think a program with their pedigree should have.

Then again FSU is America’s safety school, best known for its football team and its circus. 😁

They don’t have the mega-donors you’d think a program with their pedigree should have.

Then again FSU is America’s safety school, best known for its football team and its circus. 😁
Why is that?

Sorry - I know I'm like a little kid asking dad "why" after every statement. But I find stuff like this fascinating.

Sanders will be the HC there sooner or later.

It’s only a matter of being able to afford him.

They can’t so they’re left with extending a dead man walking

With Urban Meyer now available, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after him next year. I don't imagine too many high profile jobs will be available next year. Unless Ryan Day leaves OSU, Sark gets fired at TX, or Saban decides to hang em up. Seems like FSU could be the most high profile opening. He probably should have seen the writing on the wall left Jacksonville when he heard ND was open. Of course, that assumes that they would have wanted him. His character concerns may not have matched up with ND.

Why is that?

Sorry - I know I'm like a little kid asking dad "why" after every statement. But I find stuff like this fascinating.

Burt Reynolds is dead? 🧐

Seriously though, my personal theory is FSU was known as the liberal arts state school, and relative to UF they got a late start on establishing a medical school, law school and engineering school.

As a result their boosters’ pockets aren’t as deep relative to other major CFB programs.

I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

Last edited:
With Urban Meyer now available, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after him next year. I don't imagine too many high profile jobs will be available next year. Unless Ryan Day leaves OSU, Sark gets fired at TX, or Saban decides to hang em up. Seems like FSU could be the most high profile opening. He probably should have seen the writing on the wall left Jacksonville when he heard ND was open. Of course, that assumes that they would have wanted him. His character concerns may not have matched up with ND.
I believe that Urban Myer will be toxic for three or four years. He needs to go to Bama and wash Saban's car for three or four years.

I believe that Urban Myer will be toxic for three or four years. He needs to go to Bama and wash Saban's car for three or four years.
Take over a G5 program. Elevate them for a couple years, then cash in.

Basically what freeze is doing with liberty.

I think the reports of him berating staff and then kicking his kicker (WTF?) mean he won't be hired again for a while, if ever.

If he was fired in Jax purely for his on-field performance (which was really bad), he probably would have been able to jump back into a college job almost immediately.

Reactions: Volfan1000

They can’t afford Meyer they’re not exactly swimming in cash.

I think the reports of him berating staff and then kicking his kicker (WTF?) mean he won't be hired again for a while, if ever.

If he was fired in Jax purely for his on-field performance (which was really bad), he probably would have been able to jump back into a college job almost immediately.

I think there are plenty of teams out there willing to overlook his issues in the NFL and would hire him in a heartbeat. I mean, if Liberty can overlook Freeze buying hookers for his recruits, how much would a Texas or a UCLA care about Urban berating staff?

I'll disagree with @LouderVol over the G5 school thing. I think he's back in the P5 system next year, 2023 at the latest.

Reactions: Carp

I think a bunch of schools would still love to have him. He's only embarrassed himself in the NFL. He's done nothing that should affect how he's viewed in college football.

VN Store

Back