War in Ukraine

Hope I'm wrong. Don't be shocked if Putin uses the threat of blowing up the captured Ukraine nuclear power plants to try blackmailing NATO.

Watch what happens.

We were the richest well before that.

And losing the hegemony of the petro dollar will not make the entire world jettison their dollars for Yuan. The dollar losing reserve status would be a long, complicated, difficult process that won’t occur because of a few dictators scheming.
We were rich before because of manufacturing here in the states. Most people tend to agree we dont manufacture enough for our own use, yet alone enough to be the richest.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Lack of knowledge is a common skill of many of the posters here on Volnation.
It ain't just Volnation. Just like COVID was a huge red pill for me, this Ukraine deal is a red pill for me, also. I am shocked at just how easily manipulated people can be into not only hating one group (in this case Russians), but sympathize so easily to another (Ukrainians). These very same people didn't give a s^^t about Syrians, Iraqis, or Libyans, but for some reason are flying Ukrainian flags and talking about "I stand with Ukraine"... If we would have had this same sentiment in 2003... or hell 2011 when we started the Arab Spring uprisings, this country would be in a far different place.

Reactions: Pacer92
He won't.

I hope you're right. One factor that might give him pause, assuming he is mentally stable, is the fact prevailing winds move from west to east. Thus, Russia would get a heavy dose of any radioactive fallout released. Yet, we've had mad men vested with power they shouldn't have before, who dragged the world into mortal peril. We nearly had one right here in the USA very recently.

It seemed completely relevant, but I understand why you choose not to answer. That is an answer in and of itself.

An attack, Ukraine is under attack. We were attacked on 11 Sept 2001. The definition isn’t that hard. An attack could also include a cyber attack.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back