War in Ukraine

The thing about Putin seems to be he will drop one on his way out. It's an old Russian philosophy. It basically means "don't come any closer."

So how far do we let him go with the "I'm crazy and might nuke the world" threat?
If he says, "giving arms to Ukraine is an act of war and I might go nuclear" do we take the threat seriously?

Saber rattlings until it isn’t . It’s not like WE don’t know ever move he makes with our eyes in the sky 24/7 . Where was this energy when North Korea was doing it ? I swear I never would have guessed you for a war hawk .

Saber rattlings until it isn’t . It’s not like WE don’t know ever move he makes with our eyes in the sky 24/7 . Where was this energy when North Korea was doing it ? I swear I never would have guessed you for a war hawk .
I'm anything but a war hawk. I would be the opposite of a war hawk. That's what makes what is happening in Ukraine unacceptable.

From what I can tell, he’s whatever the Democratic Party tells him to be

I'm anything but a war hawk. I would be the opposite of a war hawk. That's what makes what is happening in Ukraine unacceptable.

You are promoting the very thing that any war hawk would , more involvement until there’s no wiggle room , and it would happen . One question .. are you going to stick to this line of thought if or when China takes Taiwan or is that going to be different ?

Reactions: DuckInAPen
So $800 million more to poor Ukraine? So the financial aid package to Ukraine now stands at over $14 billion right? Man doesn’t it feel great to have a president that cares about America?

You are promoting the very thing that any war hawk would , more involvement until there’s no wiggle room , and it would happen . One question .. are you going to stick to this line of thought if or when China takes Taiwan or is that going to be different ?
If China bombs apartment buildings, hospitals, and buildings full of kids; I would certainly hope I keep the same line of thought.

Reactions: AM64
Our dollar’s value in the world is the fact it is the worlds reserve currency, take that away and what do we have?

30 TRILLION $ in debt - thats what we have.

Russia btw is only $288 Billion. Maybe they could just ask Elon for a loan to pay off their entire national debt?

I am stunned to say that Russia has the best GDP to debt ratio of almost any country of any size. https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Russia has 288B in debt but has a GDP of 1.6T - that means their economy is going to weather this storm a whole lot better than any of you think.

While you are looking at that link above note that China is getting closer to having our GDP 24T vs 17T yet only has 1/3 of our debt.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
30 TRILLION $ in debt - thats what we have.

Russia btw is only $288 Billion. Maybe they could just ask Elon for a loan to pay off their entire national debt?

I am stunned to say that Russia has the best GDP to debt ratio of almost any country of any size. https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Russia has 288B in debt but has a GDP of 1.6T - that means their economy is going to weather this storm a whole lot better than any of you think.

While you are looking at that link above note that China is getting closer to having our GDP 24T vs 17T yet only has 1/3 of our debt.
No one exactly knows how much debt China or Russia truly have. We just know what they tell us.

Last edited:
Think about this: if Putin is a "war criminal," what does he believe will happen to him if he loses the war? This is only painting him into a corner and increasing the odds of him doing something catastrophic if he senses that his invasion is failing.
As I've stated many times in this very thread I'm afraid this is how it ends. The best case scenario is he negotiates a withdrawal and is allowed to save face and ride into the sunset, otherwise what else does he have to lose?

So where is the line between taking him seriously and not?

Do you really believe he wants to end the world? No. He could have easily taken over Ukraine. But he hasn’t. I get it you and others think he is some kind of mad man. Maybe he is. But he isn’t stupid. He knows nukes would spell the end for him, his country and many others.

The only way I would ever take him seriously about launching a nuclear weapon is if satellites actually picked up irrefutable proof that the nukes are being prepared. Not a Twitter post or other social media crap. Actual, hard evidence that he has ordered his nuclear arsenal to get ready for use.

Think about this: if Putin is a "war criminal," what does he believe will happen to him if he loses the war? This is only painting him into a corner and increasing the odds of him doing something catastrophic if he senses that his invasion is failing.

Which is exactly why labeling him as a war criminal is dumb. Especially coming from a sitting president of the US.

So $800 million more to poor Ukraine? So the financial aid package to Ukraine now stands at over $14 billion right? Man doesn’t it feel great to have a president that cares about America?

$2,100,000,000,000.00 ($2.1TRILLION) for Afghanistan war (loss) and social engineering (fail).

$14,000,000,000.00 for Ukraine war ($14 Billion) for Ukraine war to save Europe (win to date).

So, yes, our current President is doing a great job with the war to date.

Reactions: luthervol
As I've stated many times in this very thread I'm afraid this is how it ends. The best case scenario is he negotiates a withdrawal and is allowed to save face and ride into the sunset, otherwise what else does he have to lose?

His life, fortune, the lives of his family, his legacy, the lives of his friends and Russia as a country. You really think he is going to risk all of that do nothing else than being labeled a war criminal?

$2,100,000,000,000.00 ($2.1TRILLION) for Afghanistan war (loss) and social engineering (fail).

$14,000,000,000.00 for Ukraine war ($14 Billion) for Ukraine war to save Europe (win to date).

So, yes, our current President is doing a great job with the war to date.

Figures you woild side with Biden. If this were Trump your panties would be in a wad. Afghanistan was a huge waste of money just like this is. If you could, please explain why Biden should give Ukraine any money at all.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I’ve seen a lot of alarmist takes about this in the last couple days. Put me in the camp that thinks the richest country of all time can take the economic hit without being reduced to the barter system.

Amen, brother. Lots of armchair economists claiming the sky's falling tonight.

Pure poppycock.

Reactions: tvolsfan
His life, fortune, the lives of his family, his legacy, the lives of his friends and Russia as a country. You really think he is going to risk all of that do nothing else than being labeled a war criminal?
If he thinks he'll be brought to justice for war crimes and executed I believe he would drop one on his way out, yes.

VN Store

Back