War in Ukraine

Poor poor Curly. His brilliance is wrongly mocked and ridiculed and he doesn’t receive the accolades he’s entitled to. 🤡
LMAO. Still upset over them Russian wheat exports and now upset that someone doesn't buy into your junk websites. No wonder you're a fan of Zelensky's totalitarian regime.

LMAO. Still upset over them Russian wheat exports and now upset that someone doesn't buy into your junk websites. No wonder you're a fan of Zelensky's totalitarian regime.
There it is! I knew I could drag it out of you if I mocked your ignorant ass enough Mrs Danth 🤡

There it is! I knew I could drag it out of you if I mocked your ignorant ass enough Mrs Danth 🤡
It's a fact. You embarrass yourself every single time you try and ridicule me over something lol. It's always over something minor and petty too.

Let us know when UK or Poland is going to hand Russia their ass lol.

They don't have to sit through some seminar put on by the VA. People can also access the MOS codes themselves online. However that doesn't give a full job description. A lot of it requires people getting out of this old outdated mindset that people coming out of the military need to be acclimated or need transition time. When in reality they are perfectly acclimated to take on responsibilities in the civilian world.
Out of curiosity, I have some questions...

1) do you have any empirical data in this bias against vets or is this anecdotal?

2) why, either in your opinion or from what you've been told, do these hypothetically biased employers think there needs to be an acclimation period?

3) are you saying that the hypothetically biased employers won't hire vets at all or won't hire them for higher level positions?

Out of curiosity, I have some questions...

1) do you have any empirical data in this bias against vets or is this anecdotal?

2) why, either in your opinion or from what you've been told, do these hypothetically biased employers think there needs to be an acclimation period?

3) are you saying that the hypothetically biased employers won't hire vets at all or won't hire them for higher level positions?
Here is an article for the Duke School of Business that will give you an insight on what I am talking about. This might help you a little in what I have been talking about. It is actually good to see a university such as Duke bring up this topic.

How Studying Biases About Veterans Could Help Improve Their Post-Military Careers

To answer number 2 a specific poster in this forum who claimed to work in talent acquisition stated that veterans needed an acclimation period. I disagree as many already have the necessary skills to move into a position based on their actual skills and should not have to take an entry level job to acclimate. Plus others have made the statements that veterans do not have the necessary skills. While it is true there are some positions that do not transfer over well into the civilian world, most positions in the military do.

I am saying many are not hired for positions based on the actual skills they have gained during their time in service. Which is why many end up switching to a totally different career. Or they are underemployed.

Here is an article for the Duke School of Business that will give you an insight on what I am talking about. This might help you a little in what I have been talking about. It is actually good to see a university such as Duke bring up this topic.

How Studying Biases About Veterans Could Help Improve Their Post-Military Careers

To answer number 2 a specific poster in this forum who claimed to work in talent acquisition stated that veterans needed an acclimation period. I disagree as many already have the necessary skills to move into a position based on their actual skills and should not have to take an entry level job to acclimate. Plus others have made the statements that veterans do not have the necessary skills. While it is true there are some positions that do not transfer over well into the civilian world, most positions in the military do.

I am saying many are not hired for positions based on the actual skills they have gained during their time in service. Which is why many end up switching to a totally different career. Or they are underemployed.
My experience working with vets has been that they are like any other group, some are cut out for certain jobs and some are not.

I didn't dig deep into the links in the article you provided, but one link referenced what people emphasized on their resumes. That's not just a veteran issue. Many employers want a well rounded candidate. Perhaps some vets don't focus on their other activities as much as their job experience.

I haven't seen the post about nit hiring vets due to an "acclimation period," I'd have to know more about the context of the post.

Edit: I'll also re-emphasize one thing. The posts from you that I've seen in this topic come across with a slight hint of, "people aren't going to give a vet this job because they don't want to hire a vet, they need to go research why they should hire a vet and it would make sense to them."

A good business hires the best candidate, but part of being the best candidate is being able to explain why you're the best, your former employer shouldn't have to do it for you, and your prospective employer shouldn't either.

Last edited:
My experience working with vets has been that they are like any other group, some are cut out for certain jobs and some are not.

I didn't dig deep into the links in the article you provided, but one link referenced what people emphasized on their resumes. That's not just a veteran issue. Many employers want a well rounded candidate. Perhaps some vets don't focus on their other activities as much as their job experience.

I haven't seen the post about nit hiring vets due to an "acclimation period," I'd have to know more about the context of the post.
I would suggest watching the video that is included in the link I posted. It was actually a very interesting lecture. This guy has actually done research on the topic. About the 16:30 mark you will see what I'm talking about.

I would suggest watching the video that is included in the link I posted. It was actually a very interesting lecture. This guy has actually done research on the topic. About the 16:30 mark you will see what I'm talking about.
I'm not invested in this enough to watch a video that long. I'll hire anybody, veteran or not, that I think is the best qualified. If they don't "acclimate" it can be dealt with...

but see my edit anyway.

Last edited:
I'm not invested in this enough to watch a video that long. I'll hire anybody, veteran or not, that I think is the best qualified. If they don't "acclimate" it can be dealt with...

but see my edit anyway.
So I actually answered your questions, provide some evidence, and you refuse to read or listen to the video that is attached. I even gave you an exact minute mark you can start at in the video which is past the halfway point. This is why I don't like wasting much time on here with some of you fools. Guess since it's not on your preferred news network or isn't worth your time. What a complete tool you are.

So I actually answered your questions, provide some evidence, and you refuse to read or listen to the video that is attached. I even gave you an exact minute mark you can start at in the video which is past the halfway point. This is why I don't like wasting much time on here with some of you fools. Guess since it's not on your preferred news network or isn't worth your time. What a complete tool you are.
You don't need to call me a fool or a tool. I don't want to watch a video that I need to skip through 17 minutes of just to get to your point. There's plenty that could be said in that video you want me to skip that could inform the context of what you're directing me to. I'm not going to waste my time on it.
I don't know about you personally, but if this is a personal issue for you, your assumption that employers should "educate" themselves for you and your general attitude, as evidenced by your willingness to hurl insults, might have some impact on the impression that employers have of you.

You don't need to call me a fool or a tool. I don't want to watch a video that I need to skip through 17 minutes of just to get to your point. There's plenty that could be said in that video you want me to skip that could inform the context of what you're directing me to. I'm not going to waste my time on it.
I don't know about you personally, but if this is a personal issue for you, your assumption that employers should "educate" themselves for you and your general attitude, as evidenced by your willingness to hurl insults, might have some impact on the impression that employers have of you.
I respectfully answered your questions and provided what you asked for. It wasn't just something I wrote up. It is a link from Duke University. There is also a link from LinkedIn as well included. So if you are going to ask questions AND ask for evidence AND someone provides it perhaps you should learn to be an adult and be respectful in return. Or if you don't want to be called a tool or a fool then don't act like one.

I think what happened here is I provided some actual evidence along with some studies and you just don't like the answer I provided.

He obviously got passed over for a promo

He obviously got passed over for a promo
LOL. It is way past your bedtime.

I also provided a link from Duke University with studies and data attached. Not from some junk website like you did earlier. Anyways, there is not much use trying to be respectful to a certain handful of posters on this forum. You guys exhibit the same behavior over and over. Now I see why the insults and personal attacks directed my way. I call out your behavior and you do not like it.

I respectfully answered your questions and provided what you asked for. It wasn't just something I wrote up. It is a link from Duke University. There is also a link from LinkedIn as well included. So if you are going to ask questions AND ask for evidence AND someone provides it perhaps you should learn to be an adult and be respectful in return. Or if you don't want to be called a tool or a fool then don't act like one.

I think what happened here is I provided some actual evidence along with some studies and you just don't like the answer I provided.
You provided a link to an article that made blanket statements with no statistics, and as evidence linked to other articles. Then you say, "watch the snippet of a video imbedded in my previous link that supports my claim." Seems to be a pattern where you want others to do your work for you, "research my qualifications, research my evidence for my claims."

If you're having problems with hirability, that might be part of the problem. You want everyone to go the extra step for you.

Seriously, keep throwing out insults if you want, but I'm not trying to antagonize you. Your incendiary reaction to somebody with whom you might not agree might be part of the problem, if there is one, with your job search.

Last edited:
LMAO a link to a university is solid but a link to a research org staffed by university academics is “junk”. You’re an ignorant clown curly 🤡
The evidence I provided is actually solid. Yours was not. The graph was simply an attack on Zero Hedge and provided no data to back it up. Plus I provided what Clark asked for and delivered. But that is the absolute last time I answer any question Clark asks.

Now if you want to act like a grown adult and have adult conversations we can do that from here on out. Or you can continue acting like you are in junior high.

So I am going to post this article from Zero Hedge. Now kindly tell me what you find wrong with this exact article? Using your analysis and even opinion.

China Credit Growth Explodes To 4th Highest Ever In June... It's Still Not Enough | ZeroHedge

The evidence I provided is actually solid. Yours was not. The graph was simply an attack on Zero Hedge and provided no data to back it up. Plus I provided what Clark asked for and delivered. But that is the absolute last time I answer any question Clark asks.

Now if you want to act like a grown adult and have adult conversations we can do that from here on out. Or you can continue acting like you are in junior high.

So I am going to post this article from Zero Hedge. Now kindly tell me what you find wrong with this exact article? Using your analysis and even opinion.

China Credit Growth Explodes To 4th Highest Ever In June... It's Still Not Enough | ZeroHedge
The only reason it’s solid is because you like what it said. Just like zerohedge. That’s it curiy.

And on the article you posted it has nothing to do with Russia so they aren’t pulling their standard Russian homerism just like you stooges do. Duh.

And finally zerohedge doesn’t actually write anything original. They are just an aggregator, especially on Russian propaganda. As the figure from the report I linked showed on the Russian referrer circle jerk network. That’s it. They aren’t a news source.

And don’t waste the forum space on a baseless NUH UH!

You provided a link that had no evidence other than links and stated no numbers, but just lead to other links. Like I said, if you go into a job interview saying the employer should do your homework for you, you aren't going to get far. Same concept. Sorry it upsets you.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
You provided a link that had no evidence other than links and stated no numbers, but just lead to other links. Like I said, if you go into a job interview saying the employer to do your homework for you, you aren't going to get far. Same concept. Sorry it upsets you.
In his feeble ass mind that is a rock solid irrefutable stance though. You’ve seen this stupidity unfold night after night from him.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You provided a link that had no evidence other than links and stated no numbers, but just lead to other links. Like I said, if you go into a job interview saying the employer should do your homework for you, you aren't going to get far. Same concept. Sorry it upsets you.
Then I would suggest not asking someone to provide information that you are not going to bother reading. What it boils down to you is you did not expect me to provide anything to back up my claims. What you chose to do in response was flat out disrespectful. And now I know why a good portion of posters on here do not take you seriously with your claims of being "moderate".

It also stated in that video that a veteran "simply explaining what they did in the military is not enough". You would learn that by simply watching 8 minutes of the video starting at the mark I suggested earlier.

I never said someone should go into an interview and tell the employer to do their "homework". Once again showing a lack of reading comprehension skills on your part. However, since stereotypes clearly exist about veterans then perhaps corporations and businesses should educate themselves better on what skills veterans actually can bring to their company. And yes they should be able to better educate themselves. At least this professor at Duke is trying to bring awareness to the issue and he should be applauded for his efforts.

The funny thing is you could have had the whole 30 minute video watched by now and actually learned something for once. But it probably would have interfered with your nightly viewing of Kimmel or Colbert.

VN Store

Back