VT message board on our Thursday night game

UT will win 24 -14. The fact that some of you think this is going to be a cakewalk for the Vols is a little foolish....IMO

We put up points last year against some very good defenses. V Tech is nowhere near Alabama, Florida, Goergia nor Oklahoma.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not good enough because it's unrealistic. Do you have any idea how good your own team is? Maybe you think VT has Michael Vick still...

I hope you're right. I sure don't want a close game. Unrealistic though? In that crazy setting, I think a 10 point game is very possible.

Somebody save a few of these gems and reissue after the massacre...never not fun! :w00t:

We put up points last year against some very good defenses. V Tech is nowhere near Alabama, Florida, Goergia nor Oklahoma.

They still have one of the best DC in college football and they were good enough to stop Ohio State two years ago. I think we will win, but don't expect a blowout. Dobbs will have to be MUCH improved as a passer for that to happen.

Last edited:
They still have one of the best DC in college football and they were good enough to stop Ohio State two years ago. I think we will win, but don't expect a blowout. Hobbs will have to be MUCH improved as a passer for that to happen.

Calvin will have to have a good game too, IMO.

Volunteers gain two extra practice days for Hokies | Virginia Tech Football Board

Mr. Touchdown

They are going to need it.

Atlee Hokie

Wouldn't be shocked if UT admin lobbied for the change.

SettleSacks
I believe bud had the team learning the bear defense throughout the summer
To prepare for Ohio state. I'm sure the coaches are doing something similar for Tennessee. 2 days wont change a thing

1d Stech
Anyone notice the SEC neutral games always favor the SEC? Bama in Atlanta
and now two more days to prepare for VT than VT for UT.

Maybe it's just me, but I find this disgusting.

I'm sure the Hokies will all be watching the game
I'm sure Tech is already far more in tune with Tennesse's offense than the Vols are of Fuente's and VTs.

Bless their hearts

Their skeert because they know a beat down of biblical proportion is coming to them at Bristol and there is nothing they can do about it.

UT 45+ Jokies 17

;-)

TennesseeDuke

Absolutely can't stand VA Tech. I hope we beat them by 70. Being a Tennessee fan in Virginia I've taken so much crap during their "glory years". Half of the ones around here were UT fans until the Vick years.

I moved to Lynchburg, VA right after graduating from UT. Football season was a nightmare - almost impossible to find a station carrying Tennessee (when not travelling). You would have thought the VA schools were at the top of the football world - maybe it's hard to realize what you don't have when you've never had it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back