Vrabel mentions Dobbs when asked about potential QB

When teams stop trotting out QBs like Nathan Peterman, David Blough, Trace McSorley, Kyle Allen, Skylar Johnson, Mitch Trubisky, and several other garbage QBs who started in 2022, then UT fans will stop being hopeful for a guy who's never been given a proper chance to start. As it currently stands, Dobbs is probably one of the 32 best QBs in the NFL. That's reality.
Okay man.....all those teams are blind evaluators.
Yet they can find a guy working in a grocery store that goes on to win a Superbowl. Or a knucklehead at La Tech that goes on to win Superbowls.
Crazy huh....

Titans being Titans, they'll probably extend Tannehill and keep playing Titan football.
I'm not sure the Titans are going to try and take Hooker. I don't think they will.
Problem is Tannehill play play just good enough to get you in the 1st round P/O/Wildcard and then you're not picking high enough to grab the top QB prospect
Heck who knows that they Titans will do
Titans best bet is to go all in on WIllis and see if theres something there.. best case he bombs and they get a high draft pick worst case he has a half-decent season and they just miss the playoffs and a middle of the pack pick..

Honestly no matter how bad WIllis is I don't see the titans winning less than 6-7 games with a healthy Derick Henry

When teams stop trotting out QBs like Nathan Peterman, David Blough, Trace McSorley, Kyle Allen, Skylar Johnson, Mitch Trubisky, and several other garbage QBs who started in 2022, then UT fans will stop being hopeful for a guy who's never been given a proper chance to start. As it currently stands, Dobbs is probably one of the 32 best QBs in the NFL. That's reality.
Did Dobbs4Heisman start using a new username? This is ridiculous.

Okay man.....all those teams are blind evaluators.
Yet they can find a guy working in a grocery store that goes on to win a Superbowl. Or a knucklehead at La Tech that goes on to win Superbowls.
Crazy huh....

What are you even talking about? I said Dobbs deserves a chance to start before you just write him off as a forever backup. I then listed several active starters who I think have a lower ceiling than Dobbs. If you disagree, then talk about something more relevant than Kurt Warner...

What are you even talking about? I said Dobbs deserves a chance to start before you just write him off as a forever backup. I then listed several active starters who I think have a lower ceiling than Dobbs. If you disagree, then talk about something more relevant than Kurt Warner...
When Josh Dobbs wins the starting job because a team sees him as the best QB on their roster and can keep it for more than a handful of games get back to me.
I'm not dogging the guy buts it's my opinion he's not QB1 in the NFl.

That's such a horribly dumb take. You think these NFL teams don't want to win? They have evaluated him. He's been identified as a second to third string QB by multiple franchises. That's the truth

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
That's such a horribly dumb take. You think these NFL teams don't want to win? They have evaluated him. He's been identified as a second to third string QB by multiple franchises. That's the truth

Please show me where I said NFL teams don't want to win. I said Dobbs deserves a shot to prove he's worth starting which I don't think he's been given yet in the NFL. I then listed QBs currently accumulating starts that have already proven without a doubt that they aren't NFL starters. If you don't think Dobbs even deserves a shot at starting and should be written off indefinitely, fine, but I think that's a horribly dumb take.

Reactions: rocytop2624
When Josh Dobbs wins the starting job because a team sees him as the best QB on their roster and can keep it for more than a handful of games get back to me.
I'm not dogging the guy buts it's my opinion he's not QB1 in the NFl.

And it's my opinion that he deserves more of a shot to prove he is (or isn't) a QB1. No clue why that opinion bothers you so much.

Reactions: rocytop2624
160k a year and I will help you do nothing @Freak. You know where I'm at.
Entry level moderator-in-training at volnation starts at 175k/year with full medical/dental/vision benefits, 4 weeks PTO and 6% employer match on 401k. After 1 year you’re eligible to take the exam to become a certified mod (very difficult) but if you pass you become a moderator and get a nice little salary bump along with it.

Entry level moderator-in-training at volnation starts at 175k/year with full medical/dental/vision benefits, 4 weeks PTO and 6% employer match on 401k. After 1 year you’re eligible to take the exam to become a certified mod (very difficult) but if you pass you become a moderator and get a nice little salary bump along with it.
Where do I sign up?

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA

Please show me where I said NFL teams don't want to win. I said Dobbs deserves a shot to prove he's worth starting which I don't think he's been given yet in the NFL. I then listed QBs currently accumulating starts that have already proven without a doubt that they aren't NFL starters. If you don't think Dobbs even deserves a shot at starting and should be written off indefinitely, fine, but I think that's a horribly dumb take.

For God's sake, what do you people think a "shot to prove he's worth starting" is? I've heard this from people on this site for like 5 years now and I have no idea what you are even talking about. What do you think practice, preseason, scrimmages, camps, video, etc. are? It's pretty obvious that you people think the only VALID "shot" is some team signs him and says 'Ok you get to start for like the first 10 games and that and THAT ALONE is how we'll determine if you're starting material."

That's not even remotely how things work. The guy has been on like 5 teams now, which means he's had 5 teams coaching staffs evaluate him. He's also has had every other staff be able to look at him and decide "Hey we want that guy" and it's not like teams beat down his door. Not only that he got to start 2 games for the Titans, which is an opportunity TONS of other backups just like him would kill for and yet he got it. After after those 2 games......he's still seen as a backup.

Newsflash, he HAS been given a shot at starting.....about to be his 7th season. It's called proving to the coaching staff you're a starter, and for whatever reason Dobbs has not done that. Now you can either believe the entire NFL is wrong, or you can believe just maybe Dobbs is exactly where he is supposed to be. Because his name is Josh Dobbs and he's a VFL, you think he's special. But there are tons of other backups that I bet you don't give 2 craps about who you could make the same argument for.

Newsflash, he HAS been given a shot at starting.....about to be his 7th season. It's called proving to the coaching staff you're a starter, and for whatever reason Dobbs has not done that. Now you can either believe the entire NFL is wrong, or you can believe just maybe Dobbs is exactly where he is supposed to be. Because his name is Josh Dobbs and he's a VFL, you think he's special. But there are tons of other backups that I bet you don't give 2 craps about who you could make the same argument for.

I'm sorry having a mild amount of optimism about a former Vol bothers you so much. Go checkout Vandymania. They'll be happy to have another miserable member like you.

Reactions: VFLBerg

VN Store

Back