Vols will win 8/9 games next year IF......

I want to see butch get over the Florida and Georgia hump I think that is the next step that this team has to make also mizzou to I can't believe I'm saying that they have been a huge surprise since the came to the conference

Recent mathematical models have proven a strong correlation (100% effective) between points scored and wins. For the Vols to win 8 games, they must outscore their opponent by game's end in 75% of their regular season contests. The percentage is slightly altered with a bowl invite and a victory. Hope this helps.

So, you are saying there is a chance??

I hope so, I just have this yucky feeling that FL will be the silent killer next year.

I will feel better about this if they lose 3-5 studs early to the NFL and have a sucky recruiting year.

Florida could be an SECe factor but I think only if we can improve our own oline

Reactions: 1 person
He was an EE...arrived in Jan of 2014 so he's already been there a whole year. That conditioning excuse is all internet creation as he had 8 months from Jan to August to get into shape. There's no D1 college athlete alive that needs more than 8 months to get into shape.

Its possible he was terribly weak for his size although his juco film didn't reflect that.

Mahoney said in an interview early in the season that the biggest issue with Blair at that point was his poor hand technique, which could possibly mean his upper body strength was a factor. OLs who lack upper body strength tend to reach outside more and grab the upper arm, thus incur holding penalties. Or it could be something else with his hand technique, but CJM didn't specify. But that is what I took from his statement.

I just hope the OL learns to play in the SEC in the offseason (since they were unable to in 8 games this year). I think the QB job will be Dobbs' for the taking in the spring.

We were only 5 points from 8 wins this year.

"We're talking about 5 miserly points here, surely something can be done". Ms. Gump.

Peterman really should transfer. I just don't think he has a future as a QB in the SEC. Might light the field up in the MWC/AAC/MAC etc.

As a senior, is it likely that he could just walk in to a program and be their starter or get significant playing time?

After looking at Tennessee's schedule for next year and looking at the wins and the losses, it seems 8 wins is definitely possible. Just winning their games at home with the exception of Oklahoma and gaining the win back at Kentucky.

The biggest IF is the OL and the ability to return more depth and skill to a depleted OL that has vastly underperformed with the exception of a few games.

Or would it be IF the Vols duplicated AJ's leadership role and playmaking ability to JRM or Maggitt and be able to make those plays and TFL he did so well.

Or would it be IF Dobbs can develop this spring and fall practices working with the 1st team only and be the man we saw in the 10 quarters against Bama/USCe/Kentucky or is he going to be the player we saw in 8 quarters against Vandy/Mizzou??

Biggest issue will be how much the Oline improves and if Dobb's can develop any kind of consistently. Oklahoma will be beatable next season, especially at home. As per typical Stoops Coaching his team underachieved and lost games to teams less talented than UT and games they had no business losing. If we get Oline improvement and either Dobb's taking huge steps forward or a FR not playing like a FR and winning the job then 8 wins is possible as is beating Okl. We gotta figure out how to beat UF, Mizzou and GA. Guessing UF will be starting a new QB next season as will GA, Ala, AU, possibly LSU, S.Carol, OleMiss the league should again be very wide open and not really having a dominant team. Even Ala wasn't dominate this yr, they had 3-5 games they easily could have lost if the breaks hadn't gone their way not to mention they will be replacing Sims and most likely Cooper. Could see AU or if LSU finds a QB then either of them winning the west next season and again there won't be a really good team from the East so it should be wide open. We will bring back the most on both sides of the ball but QB and Oline play will make or break us next yr. If the Oline hasn't improved and Dobb's continues to be inconsistent then we are a 5-6 win team again.

VN Store

Back