Vols vs Nebraska (Game Thread)

Well, if nothing else these boys sure find a way to make it interesting. I'll let Coach Barnes critique his team and I'm going to have a cold one...:pepper:

GO VOLS!

Maybe Jabari gets some PT when the coaches see we were out rebounded 45-29. Sure we're small but a lot of rebounding is who wants it the most. From what I have seen, Jabari goes after every rebound as if he owns it. That's what we need.

Reactions: 2 people
The enthusiasm for the general fan to give a damn is taking a nose dive. Heck, it was pretty low already

Most with a rudimentary understanding of this roster knew what kind of season we were in for. 15 wins is about the ceiling for this bunch. I expect only that they come to play hard every night. I also think that's why we're seeing the type of recruits we're seeing Barnes go after in this coming class. Blue collar, hard working and coachable. Kids that have tools who can and likely will get better with time and coaching. A foundational type of class IMO. Anyone who thought this was a tournament roster isn't using their head.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe Jabari gets some PT when the coaches see we were out rebounded 45-29. Sure we're small but a lot of rebounding is who wants it the most. From what I have seen, Jabari goes after every rebound as if he owns it. That's what we need.

Alexander did a pretty nice job

Team won't be .500 until they learn how to guard.

These quotes were pretty telling IMO

@GrantRamey: Lanier also said that, the fact is, Tennessee just isn't very good defensively. Has "a lot of room for growth, obviously"

@GrantRamey: Lanier: I do know Barnes is "willing to lose to get it done the way he wants it done." (In terms of getting message across to players)

Reactions: 1 person
Most with a rudimentary understanding of this roster knew what kind of season we were in for. 15 wins is about the ceiling for this bunch. I expect only that they come to play hard every night. I also think that's why we're seeing the type of recruits we're seeing Barnes go after in this coming class. Blue collar, hard working and coachable. Kids that have tools who can and likely will get better with time and coaching. A foundational type of class IMO. Anyone who thought this was a tournament roster isn't using their head.

Oh, I agree with you, but the typical fan won't

In all fairness, I think Jabari had a couple calls against him that should have or could have gone the other way. Especially the hustle play going after the ball that went out of bounds. (talking about last night's game)

VN Store

Back