Vols vs. Auburn Game Thread - 1pm EST Raycom

I'm just sick to my stomach after watching that terrible display of basketball.

i know if he hits it its a different story but with a 4pt lead why did tyler feel the need to take that 3 instead of taking it to the hole with approx. 2 min left??

Tyler should really never "settle" for a 3 pointer. He is too good in the front court to do that. I believe in that situation there was plenty of time on the shot clock. Bad decision on his part.

This is BULLSH*T! Im sick of watching this team, I mean we go see Pat with ALL FRESHMEN, and still can stay in the top 25, and this team of the Great Pearl cant stay in the top 80.....of course who could coach a group of individuals...I say let CBP son get some more playing time, so at least I can laugh my ass off while I watch us loose!

You're comparing staying in the top 25 in women's basketball to men's basketball. Just stop right there.

Tyler should really never "settle" for a 3 pointer. He is too good in the front court to do that. I believe in that situation there was plenty of time on the shot clock. Bad decision on his part.

I said it at the time.....Very poor shot selection taking into account the situation.

My goodness - do you only pay attention to offensive stats? Jeez.

Did you not see the tons of times he made a stupid TO or had an offensive foul? How about bailing people out by retarded fouls (nothing tops Brian's foul though). Most importantly - how about his atrocious defense?

We wouldn't have needed those 17 points if he could freakin' stop someone off the dribble so that wouldn't get EASY uncontested layups. Not to mention he was horrible at boxing out (but that's normal with him). Defense. Defense. DEFENSE.

Do you completely ignore stats? You want to use the "offensive fouls and turnovers" as stats, but not what he did by way of positive contribution? 3 turnovers isn't "tons". He had better than a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ration. That's pretty good...he shot at a high percentage and made his free throws. He made clutch passes and created offense when NO ONE ELSE COULD!!!!

No one on our team plays good man to man defense. Singling out JP as if he was the one being scored on every time down is just another means to support your case.

YES, JP is notorious for stupid decisions.

YES, JP doesn't play much defense and didn't box out well tonight...but our WHOLE TEAM didn't do either of these things either. lol

You aren't telling us anything we don't already know.

What you ARE doing is trying to blame the loss on the best player on the court for Tennessee today and that isn't debatable I don't think.

Yes, JP played a great game offensively. But his untimely fouls and defensive lapses also really hurt us. Then again, there is no one better to replace him...

We all have to come to grips with the fact that no one on our team right now plays consistent defense.

If JP plays a solid defensive game and doesn't contribute offensively, he STILL has people dogging him for not doing anything on the opposite end of the court.

Our whole team is a defensive lapse! haha

The point is that we're all so used to pointing the finger at JP for his wrongdoings that some can't tell the difference from when he's a difference maker or he's just the same ole JP with the boneheaded mistakes.

The same people that point out the bad things despite a good game are the same people that will always make excuses for Tyler Smith when he makes a mistake in the clutch. It's just not very intelligent.

Do you completely ignore stats? You want to use the "offensive fouls and turnovers" as stats, but not what he did by way of positive contribution? 3 turnovers isn't "tons". He had better than a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ration. That's pretty good...he shot at a high percentage and made his free throws. He made clutch passes and created offense when NO ONE ELSE COULD!!!!

No one on our team plays good man to man defense. Singling out JP as if he was the one being scored on every time down is just another means to support your case.

YES, JP is notorious for stupid decisions.

YES, JP doesn't play much defense and didn't box out well tonight...but our WHOLE TEAM didn't do either of these things either. lol

You aren't telling us anything we don't already know.

What you ARE doing is trying to blame the loss on the best player on the court for Tennessee today and that isn't debatable I don't think.

JP was not the best player on the court for Tennessee today. That lazy bum gets 4-8 points per game just off being LAZY and not running down court quickly and we'll end up getting a steal - and the loafer JP is down there for an easy lay in.

JP was largely responsible for several of the offensive rebounds because he is always out of position when trying to go for stupid plays that no one could pull off. If you don't believe me - go back to and watch the replays.

JP is the 2nd worst defender on our team and probably the worst of the dribble. Tatum takes a close #1 but he doesn't get nearly the most minutes of any player on our team like JP does.

He's a bad sport and never uses his head. Our team didn't have struggle scoring so don't give this crap about making clutch plays and passes "when no one else could." That was a result of JP getting a lot of minutes and being fairly selfish - not that is a bad thing in this case - but several other guys with the opportunity could have created. Hopson and Maze had great first halves.

JP played a good game offensively - but how does that excuse his atrocious defensive game or his boneheaded moves in the worst times? But between him, Tatum, and Brian Williams we lost this game. Chism had a bad rebounding night as well.

I only got to watch the last 3 minutes but when Chism went for the steal and imo fouled the auburn guy (good no call) it left the floor unbalanced which in turn left a guy wide open under the basket . I loved Chisms hustle . I'm just not sure that was the right time try to steal . Just play defense . You cant guard any one when you're on you're end of the floor .

This game should've not even been close imo. Tough loss guys , FWIW I was pulling for the VOLS !

I am pretty confident that even if it were 5v5 at the end instead of 4v5 they would have scored anyway. We hardly ever stopped them... and if they bricked they would have likely gotten an offensive rebound.

The only times they missed was when they were jacking up 3 pointers.

JP was not the best player on the court for Tennessee today. That lazy bum gets 4-8 points per game just off being LAZY and not running down court quickly and we'll end up getting a steal - and the loafer JP is down there for an easy lay in.

JP was largely responsible for several of the offensive rebounds because he is always out of position when trying to go for stupid plays that no one could pull off. If you don't believe me - go back to and watch the replays.

JP is the 2nd worst defender on our team and probably the worst of the dribble. Tatum takes a close #1 but he doesn't get nearly the most minutes of any player on our team like JP does.

He's a bad sport and never uses his head. Our team didn't have struggle scoring so don't give this crap about making clutch plays and passes "when no one else could." That was a result of JP getting a lot of minutes and being fairly selfish - not that is a bad thing in this case - but several other guys with the opportunity could have created. Hopson and Maze had great first halves.

JP played a good game offensively - but how does that excuse his atrocious defensive game or his boneheaded moves in the worst times? But between him, Tatum, and Brian Williams we lost this game. Chism had a bad rebounding night as well.

Man I hate to agree, but I think I'm jumping out of J.P.'s corner. The more I watch him, the more I get what people on this board are saying about him. When the AU player tried to help him up, J.P. pushed his hand away, got up, and said "...that was some bull s**t" to the refs. He starting to look like a classic douche bag. I wish he would just play and forget the salutes off the snowbird dunks and the mouthing off. He has the ability to be a great player, he has great potential. I hope he shuts his mouth and plays like the talented player he is the rest of the way.

I am pretty confident that even if it were 5v5 at the end instead of 4v5 they would have scored anyway. We hardly ever stopped them... and if they bricked they would have likely gotten an offensive rebound.

The only times they missed was when they were jacking up 3 pointers.

Like I said I didn't watch the whole game so i'll take your word for it . If he'd made the steal he would've been the hero , but I still like the odds of 5v5 or foul if you have too but that's just me .

Like I said I didn't watch the whole game so i'll take your word for it . If he'd made the steal he would've been the hero , but I still like the odds of 5v5 or foul if you have too but that's just me .

That was just a general statement - wasn't directed at you. I had a bad feeling all hope was lost when they got the offensive rebound regardless.

That was just a general statement - wasn't directed at you. I had a bad feeling all hope was lost when they got the offensive rebound regardless.

I haven't read the whole thread bassman , so if you dont mind , what did you think was the most determining factor in the loss . Offensive rebounding or several things ?

I haven't read the whole thread bassman , so if you dont mind , what did you think was the most determining factor in the loss . Offensive rebounding or several things ?

I think we were out scored 19-2 on second chance points, so yes to the first 1. Overall defense was bad too.

Sure - since it was such a close games - 1 or 2 different small things could have changed the out come as well though.

I think we were out scored 19-2 on second chance points, so yes to the first 1. Overall defense was bad too.

Sure - since it was such a close games - 1 or 2 different small things could have changed the out come as well though.

Wow ! I just dont get the VOLS . I think they have some very good players but just seem to be out of sync sometimes . I would've lost some money on this game , if I bet on BB games.

Thanks for the recap .:good!:

Maybe CBP will get it figured out in time to make a late run.

That pretty much sums it up.

VN Store

Back