Vols Transfer portal tracker (updated daily)

Herring leaving is dumb on his part. Unless his de facto starter status got ruined by one of the younger guys like Carter or Telander
Hate to see him go. I do recall that he made a lot tackles, but was pretty raw on technique which found him out of position on some plays. I was hoping Sring practice and the upcoming off season would have permitted him to hone his skills. We will miss him ,but the position will still be strong this Fall. Good luck to him where ever he lands, unless he is playing against Tennessee.

Herring leaving is dumb on his part. Unless his de facto starter status got ruined by one of the younger guys like Carter or Telander
Why would you say this from afar? Good in state player that seems to have character who the staff wanted to give a shot and HE and maybe THEY came to a conclusion after spring he was unlikely to get a lot of minutes HERE going forward.

So it was at a minimum a good move for him and maybe US by clearing a counter for the fall. If not on a two deep now, unlikely it gets better after portal additions and remaining HS guys show up. Shake his hand and give him a qualified best wishes as he heads elsewhere. Why tick off his instate HS coaches and fans with challenges?

Hate to see him go. I do recall that he made a lot tackles, but was pretty raw on technique which found him out of position on some plays. I was hoping Sring practice and the upcoming off season would have permitted him to hone his skills. We will miss him ,but the position will still be strong this Fall. Good luck to him where ever he lands, unless he is playing against Tennessee.

He DID make a lot of tackles...8 yards down the field. With Edwin Spillman coming on so strong Herring would have rarely seen the field. He seemed to lack the athleticism and instincts required for this system.

Oregon state running back Damian Martinez will visit April 23-24
Supposedly turned down $400,000 from Oregon st this year. So I’m assuming he’s looking for more. I’d be shocked if he ended up in Knoxville. We could use another dude (I guess) but I don’t see him as a guy who takes us to the next level.

But Sampson also has to be cool with it.
Very true. Expect he would though. Under Heupel we are going to play multiple backs whether we get a guy from the portal or not. With Martinez expect we would see one less back in the normal rotation.

Oregon state running back Damian Martinez will visit April 23-24

Be interesting to see if we grab a RB.

Losing Herring was expected...Pili and Carter likely starters with Telander and Spillman as backups. That left Herring as #5 LB probably coming out of spring. He wants to go somewhere he can play. Best of luck to him and hope he has a great career.

VN Store

Back