Vols Spring Practice No. 5 Updates 3.15

I am still on the fence, regarding Trey. I would like nothing better than to see him overcome his condition. He is a monster talent. But, I worry for his safety. He's a fighter, and a player. He'll always decide to play. If not here, then somewhere else. Continuing to pray for healing for him.

I am still on the fence, regarding Trey. I would like nothing better than to see him overcome his condition. He is a monster talent. But, I worry for his safety. He's a fighter, and a player. He'll always decide to play. If not here, then somewhere else. Continuing to pray for healing for him.

I don't understand what you're on the fence about.

Reactions: Remy and kbear01
I don't understand what you're on the fence about.
Just because he can play, or wants to play, doesn't mean that he should play. I just worry about his safety. Football is dangerous enough, without blood clots.

Reactions: Behr
Just because he can play, or wants to play, doesn't mean that he should play. I just worry about his safety. Football is dangerous enough, without blood clots.

Okay, so "on the fence" may have been just a poor choice of words :)

I thought I understood what you meant but when I was typing what I thought, I couldn't figure out how to say it. You're afraid he may come back and not be so lucky this time? That I understand and have thought about, but I have no control over that. I got plenty of chit I do have control over to concern myself with, haha.

I hope whether its this year or in the future he plays again and it has no effect on him. Or, he decides not to risk it and lives a long successful and healthy life.

Bout all I can do.

If I click one my asus router gives me a scary warning. This just started recently for me. Just bringing it up in case it might be an issue with our beloved site!
There's an entire thread devoted to it. Freak is working on it as hard as he can but it's hidden inside regular advertising. Post issues, links and your device here.

Getting pop ups in mobile

Lol have you been following this team? you do realize the defensive line was the strength of the defense last year right
It was?
Our (SEC) pass defense was ranked (slightly) higher than our run defense and we ranked higher in interceptions than we did in sacks.

Our DL got virtually no pressure on opposing QBs all year long and when SEC teams wanted to run it last year on us, they ran it.

I’d argue that neither our DL nor our secondary was very good, and that our LBs were our weakest link last year....but I don’t think the case can be made that our DL was our strength last year in any way. I thought our two young corners played as well if not better than anybody else on our defense.

I’m with you in that I don’t agree that Rocker is in any trouble at all, but I don’t think our DL was our defensive strength.

Reactions: TennMan101
There's an entire thread devoted to it. Freak is working on it as hard as he can but it's hidden inside regular advertising. Post issues, links and your device here.

Getting pop ups in mobile
Ah, thanks, man. I wasn't aware of that. Man, they are aggressive. It's not catastrophic, but, sure is annoying.

Gotta wonder if this is a make or break year for Rocker. Seems like a bit of a weak link on this staff.
You do realize that he has the unit with the most new players, right. They are replacing ALL of the starters. This is still early in spring practice and definitely too early to doubt the coach. Everyone knew, I thought, that this year's DL was going to struggle. There was nothing but praise for his results last year.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Can someone tell me who else from our recruiting class that plays DL has yet to get here? Savion Williams and Darrel Middleton...who else?

Little undersized height wise

When it comes to leverage the win usually goes to the guy who is lower, if you're an OL 6' 2" or taller, you're going to have difficulty getting underneath our guy if he plays NT.

Reactions: CornFlake
Most browsers have a way to block redirects or notify you the site is trying to redirect.

Maybe they could play him on the line in Extra point situations let him keep going through regular practices and see how it goes for a year. Some contact but not like a full game then make a decision next year. Just a thought but I as many do not have enough info to even having any conjecture on his future.

Reactions: kbear01
When it comes to leverage the win usually goes to the guy who is lower, if you're an OL 6' 2" or taller, you're going to have difficulty getting underneath our guy if he plays NT.
If he’s going to play NT ideally they need to be a space eater for a 3-4 defense

If he’s going to play NT ideally they need to be a space eater for a 3-4 defense
That’s not true. 3-4 NT’s are known as fireplugs. They hold at the point of attack. Leverage is “ideal”

What makes or made these players great? In most cases the usual combination of physical gifts and mental attributes, but that's a general answer. In the modern NFL, NTs work to do the following (among other things):

A 3-4 nose tackle is asked to command double teams and prevent guards and centers from getting to second-tier blocking at the linebacker level. A 4-3 nose tackle is required to penetrate the inside "A" gap and often loop around and be responsible for containing the "C" gap. Then there are 3-4 defensive ends who really aren't ends, but instead work down into the "B" gap to defending power running plays. Then there is the hard-to-find, 4-3 three-technique tackle who is asked to penetrate and be disruptive.​

Classically, NTs can't be too tall or they lose leverage on offensive linemen, so they tend to be around 6'1" or so, and usually they're huge: 300 lbs. or much more. I don't know much about their "football intelligence" or Wonderlic scores, but they do have a role in understanding opposing offenses' tendencies and blocking schemes and responding to them. They also tend to need lots to technique, both hand work and footwork, to occupy those double teams and occasionally get off of them and stuff runs.

Robert Mays-Ballad of a Big man

It was?
Our (SEC) pass defense was ranked (slightly) higher than our run defense and we ranked higher in interceptions than we did in sacks.

Our DL got virtually no pressure on opposing QBs all year long and when SEC teams wanted to run it last year on us, they ran it.

I’d argue that neither our DL nor our secondary was very good, and that our LBs were our weakest link last year....but I don’t think the case can be made that our DL was our strength last year in any way. I thought our two young corners played as well if not better than anybody else on our defense.

I’m with you in that I don’t agree that Rocker is in any trouble at all, but I don’t think our DL was our defensive strength.

If I was ranking position groups I’d put corners right behind the dline last year.My opinion the defensive line was the strongest unit but I dont think you are crazy for saying corners.

VN Store

Back