Vols Spring Practice No. 4 Updates 3.13

I think both have a great shot to be eligible. I think they are very confident on Solomon and I a think pretty confident on Gibbs. GBO!

Good to see Kennedy say if it was gane week he qould be good to go. I think that the success of an Oline begins with the center...in 2 ways, first calling out the protections and making sure everyone knows their assignments, and secondly stopping opposing DTs from getting any penetration especially in the 3-4 where a monster 330lber is lined up directly in front of him and coming. Once he got in rhythm, he looked good against WVU and was a huge upgrade over the year before as well as those who tried to take his place after he was hurt. I believe we will see SIGNIFICANT improvement this year on the Oline, and if he stays healthy, we will even have a decent, average SEC line even with 2 mammoth freshmen tackles playing a bunch. We get another top shelf Olinemen in this next class, we can have 1 of the best Olines in the SEC and country in 2021 and 2022. Thats assuming Trey Smith never plays again...just believing the 2 thatvwe signed this year will be very, very good for years to come.

I cant believe I am saying this, but just from the 2 game changers we landed this year, and some solid players from last year, in 2021 and 2022 our Oline could be one of the strengths of our team...wow. with the 2 high 4 star RBs we have ( i think Chandler will be a star) and a growing stable of young QBs that can all spin that bean... I really believe we are headed towards some good football. The 21 and 22 seasons will be somewhere between 8and4 to 10and2 type seasons...cant tell you how excited I am about some good football on Rocky Top!!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Man, I'm really starting to worry about this defensive line.

Seems to be a weak point. Not a good sign for the defense.

Thats one of the main reasons why people saying oh look at the schedule we should easily be able to win 8 games need a reality check. We are still trying to adjust to the 3-4 and we dont have enough quality depth at any position on the DL. 2019 is going to be yet another rough year.

Good to see Kennedy say if it was gane week he qould be good to go. I think that the success of an Oline begins with the center...in 2 ways, first calling out the protections and making sure everyone knows their assignments, and secondly stopping opposing DTs from getting any penetration especially in the 3-4 where a monster 330lber is lined up directly in front of him and coming. Once he got in rhythm, he looked good against WVU and was a huge upgrade over the year before as well as those who tried to take his place after he was hurt. I believe we will see SIGNIFICANT improvement this year on the Oline, and if he stays healthy, we will even have a decent, average SEC line even with 2 mammoth freshmen tackles playing a bunch. We get another top shelf Olinemen in this next class, we can have 1 of the best Olines in the SEC and country in 2021 and 2022. Thats assuming Trey Smith never plays again...just believing the 2 thatvwe signed this year will be very, very good for years to come.

I cant believe I am saying this, but just from the 2 game changers we landed this year, and some solid players from last year, in 2021 and 2022 our Oline could be one of the strengths of our team...wow. with the 2 high 4 star RBs we have ( i think Chandler will be a star) and a growing stable of young QBs that can all spin that bean... I really believe we are headed towards some good football. The 21 and 22 seasons will be somewhere between 8and4 to 10and2 type seasons...cant tell you how excited I am about some good football on Rocky Top!!!
Orange Defense, is that you?

Gibbs and Solomon would both be difference makers this year. I know my friends who like Michigan were disappointed for Solomon to leave.

Nothing new, it will be a little while before we hear anything one way or another. It’s a good bet Solomon plays this year for us. Gibbs is iffy at best to play this year.
Interesting how the NCAA ruled almost immediately, within a week or 2, on Justin Fields and his transfer to Ohio State. Meanwhile I heard Austin Price say refenrkt that UT didn’t expect a response from the ncaa regarding Solomon and Gibbs until early summer. How the hell does that work?

Interesting how the NCAA ruled almost immediately, within a week or 2, on Justin Fields and his transfer to Ohio State. Meanwhile I heard Austin Price say refenrkt that UT didn’t expect a response from the ncaa regarding Solomon and Gibbs until early summer. How the hell does that work?

His “life threatening” situation” spead up the process but his sister is ok there so they’re slowing playing everyone else because of it

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back