Vols Should Join the ACC

So the majority would prefer to lose 4 or 5 games every season and never have the chance to meet Georgia and Alabama in the playoffs, because it would hurt your SEC pride? The deck is stacked against the Vols in the SEC and it is not going to get any easier anytime real soon.

The game is changing and priorities will be shifting next season. It is going to be playoffs or bust.

Do none of you look for the easiest path to obtain what you want in real life?
BTW, nice user name. May say it all. No, I don't want to be a snowflake and have or expect everything should be mine with no effort. Hard to be thankful or appreciative if no skin in the game .

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I thought like OP did for a long time and defended him. With Heupel, I see hope. This year was a disaster but I think Heupel and staff has us going in the right direction as a program overall.

Now during Pruitt era and dark days, I started to want to leave the SEC. It was getting rough. Granted, as I posted in another thread. We are not in any worse shape than the other 12 programs not named Alabama and Georgia right now. All of them are staring down the barrel of mediocrity most seasons with a break out year hear and there. All are chasing the two power programs.

Going to the ACC would be nice in that we could make Playoffs. It is kind of like several years ago hearing crap from an Oregon fan who played a soft schedule and got into playoffs a decade ago so the Oregon fan was talking about how they are relevant and Tennessee is not. It would be nice to have a weaker schedule and easier path to the playoffs.

With extended playoffs, Heupel, NIL, SEC East disbanded, etc., things maybe looking up for us despite all of my anger and frustration.

Softer than Charming. I’ll bet you look for obscure disqualifying technicalities at your kids schools field day.

The Vols Should Join the ACC

1. With the SEC getting Oklahoma and Texas it will be even harder to win the recruiting battle and championships. Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Auburn all have enough resources to compete yearly. If we were to join the ACC we would only have to compete with Clemson, Miami and Florida State for recruits. Also, our recruiting has not been good compared to Georgia and Bama. The Vols will not compete for championships until we get top 5 classes here which will be near impossible with the way the SEC is currently constructed.
Recruiting ranks 2017-2025 Georgia

2017 3rd

2018 1st

2019 2nd

2020 1st

2021 4th

2022 3rd

2023 2nd

2024 1st

2025 2nd

Recruiting ranks 2017-2025 Vols

2017 17th

2018 21st

2019 13th

2020 11th

2021 22nd

2022 17th

2023 10th

2024 12th

2025 12th

Unless we start pulling top 5 recruiting classes I expect no championships in the foreseeable future.

Reasons why we should join the ACC in the future
  1. Our tradition transcends our conference. From the vol walk to the vol navy our traditions would fit well in any conference and bring recruits in. We have no true rivals in the SEC. I think the Vols are capable of being in any conference and succeeding.
  2. If we were to not win 10 games again over the next decade what do we do? Do we continue to stay in a conference that won’t be getting any easier?
  3. Playoffs are the only thing that matters going forward. It doesn’t matter what conference you are in. If you make the playoffs you have a chance to win it all.
Thoughts?
You should join the ACC

1. With the SEC getting Oklahoma and Texas it will be even harder to win the recruiting battle and championships. Bama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Auburn all have enough resources to compete yearly. If we were to join the ACC we would only have to compete with Clemson, Miami and Florida State for recruits. Also, our recruiting has not been good compared to Georgia and Bama. The Vols will not compete for championships until we get top 5 classes here which will be near impossible with the way the SEC is currently constructed.

2017 3rd

2018 1st

2019 2nd

2020 1st

2021 4th

2022 3rd

2023 2nd

2024 1st

2025 2nd

2017 17th

2018 21st

2019 13th

2020 11th

2021 22nd

2022 17th

2023 10th

2024 12th

2025 12th

Unless we start pulling top 5 recruiting classes I expect no championships in the foreseeable future.

1. Our tradition transcends our conference. From the vol walk to the vol navy our traditions would fit well in any conference and bring recruits in. We have no true rivals in the SEC. I think the Vols are capable of being in any conference and succeeding.
  2. If we were to not win 10 games again over the next decade what do we do? Do we continue to stay in a conference that won’t be getting any easier?
  3. Playoffs are the only thing that matters going forward. It doesn’t matter what conference you are in. If you make the playoffs you have a chance to win it all.
Thoughts?
No.

Thanks for playing

This thread is dumber than any started by D4H... And that's saying something. The quality of fans here is declining if anyone thinks that this is a good idea. Weak cowards that look for the easy way to do everything in life.

So the majority would prefer to lose 4 or 5 games every season and never have the chance to meet Georgia and Alabama in the playoffs, because it would hurt your SEC pride? The deck is stacked against the Vols in the SEC and it is not going to get any easier anytime real soon.

The game is changing and priorities will be shifting next season. It is going to be playoffs or bust.

Do none of you look for the easiest path to obtain what you want in real life?

We didnt lose 4 games last year. And we will be back at the top of sec in a few years

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I think you should have a lot more time on this board before you come in here with that non sense. I sneeze I'm wrong. I post to give opinions not make buddies. Nothing against buddies but you know pointless to agree on every single thing.

Geez Louise I have come to the conclusion that the meth labs in Tennessee these days are top notch after reading some of these comments...Wow 🥴

2017 3rd

2018 1st

2019 2nd

2020 1st

2021 4th

2022 3rd

2023 2nd

2024 1st

2025 2nd

2017 17th

2018 21st

2019 13th

2020 11th

2021 22nd

2022 17th

2023 10th

2024 12th

2025 12th

Thoughts?
AAC

VN Store

Back