Vols report 7 minor violation

"The incident was among seven Level III and Level IV violations that Tennessee reported over the past six months. The reports were obtained Monday through a public records request."

Kinda sounds like ESPN might have singled out Tennessee for some reason. Whodathunkit?

At least, BBQ was not involved...

Reactions: FïreBall
You don't recruit this well without pushing a few boundaries. We coming back baby.

I believe in the tried and true method of cheating in every possible way for a few years and then proudly take your probation and bowl game ineligibility for a couple years. That's about a four year process for a rock solid foundation. Sure beats the 12-15 year approach we are still grinding out.

Tennessee reports 7 minor violations to NCAA. Tennessee self-reports 7 low-level violations
AP writes a story about it and ESPN posts it. Are we the only school that is reporting these minor violations? It seems that every so often an article on UT’s minor violations appears on ESPN website. I can only think of one or two other schools having an article posted like this on ESPN. Thoughts.

If you check ESPN's college football page frequently, these stories show up all the time. All part of it.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
What happened?..Did a player eat one more taco than is allowed by NCAA bylaws?
3m1rbu.jpg

Tennessee reports 7 minor violations to NCAA. Tennessee self-reports 7 low-level violations
AP writes a story about it and ESPN posts it. Are we the only school that is reporting these minor violations? It seems that every so often an article on UT’s minor violations appears on ESPN website. I can only think of one or two other schools having an article posted like this on ESPN. Thoughts.
Georgia just had some.

So, the NCAA allows formers players to give gifts and not be considered boosters. Trying to understand

Odell Beckham Jr. Gifts The Entire LSU Football Team Beats Headphones With Special Message
I know and I did some searching on rules when I saw Lebron had "gifted" Beats for tOSU football team before their bowl game. They are considered boosters (any previous player) but an individual, booster or company can "donate" products under a certain value to the schools athletic dept for the benefit of the football players, basketball players or ______. As long as the school receives and distributes the products to all members of the team its allowed under NCAA rules and its under a certain value ($400 IIRC). Kind of like the swag bags the teams get when they go to the bowl games have to be under $550 i believe.
Hope that helps some.

They forgot to report Georgia st...

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.
GBO!!

I know and I did some searching on rules when I saw Lebron had "gifted" Beats for tOSU football team before their bowl game. They are considered boosters (any previous player) but an individual, booster or company can "donate" products under a certain value to the schools athletic dept for the benefit of the football players, basketball players or ______. As long as the school receives and distributes the products to all members of the team its allowed under NCAA rules and its under a certain value ($400 IIRC). Kind of like the swag bags the teams get when they go to the bowl games have to be under $550 i believe.
Hope that helps some.

Then he hands cash to the players on the field after the game.

Reactions: bag12day
Then he hands cash to the players on the field after the game.
Yeah I saw that after I responded... I would like to hear the "official" explanation but here's a shot from the actual game thread I posted in...
I would say I'd like to hear coach O explain this, but wouldn't understand what he said anyway😄
I speak Cajun since my mom is from near Baton Rouge.... What Coach O said was "Junor wa dus payin back dem boyz fo dem boudin balls he bringed fo him befo da game. He say Dey waz Gggggrrrrrrreatttttt, Geaux Tigers!"

In the interest of full disclosure and I may have told this one here before but I had a great Uncle named Tiggy because he was president of the LSU alumni association for a long time. The man didn't own any church clothes or work clothes that weren't purple with yellow or yellow with purple. I stayed with them for the summer after I graduated High school before I started college and that was a real cultural shift coming from Central NC let me tell you, so I learned to cuss in french cajun and no longer need an interpreter when I go there. Their daughter was a nun who taught school in St Louis who was home for the summer as well. She is the one that drove/ chaperoned me and my cousin and a couple of friends bar hopping in New Orleans for my 18th b-day so we didn't get rolled up lol.
And hot? Holy crap I grew up working in tobacco fields, picking cucumbers, sweet potatoes etc.. during spring and summer but its like 100 degrees and 100% humidity down there every dang day in summer. Moms side of the family was all Tiger but my dads side is where the VOL love came from. GBO!

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back