National Championship: LSU vs. Clemson

Normally I can't stand the "SEC SEC" crowd. I think it's the dumbest thing ever. Why TF do you want other teams in your conference to be successful? But in this case, we compete with Clemson a lot more than LSU for recruits. It's honestly more beneficial for UT that LSU wins.

Also LSU battles Bama for top recruits. An elite LSU will mean more losses for Bama. If Bama goes enough seasons without a title Saban may consider moving on to keep his reputation intact

I would say I'd like to hear coach O explain this, but wouldn't understand what he said anyway😄
I speak Cajun since my mom is from near Baton Rouge.... What Coach O said was "Junor wa dus payin back dem boyz fo dem boudin balls he bringed fo him befo da game. He say Dey waz Gggggrrrrrrreatttttt, Geaux Tigers!"

In the interest of full disclosure and I may have told this one here before but I had a great Uncle named Tiggy because he was president of the LSU alumni association for a long time. The man didn't own any church clothes or work clothes that weren't purple with yellow or yellow with purple. I stayed with them for the summer after I graduated High school before I started college and that was a real cultural shift coming from Central NC let me tell you, so I learned to cuss in french cajun and no longer need an interpreter when I go there. Their daughter was a nun who taught school in St Louis who was home for the summer as well. She is the one that drove/ chaperoned me and my cousin and a couple of friends bar hopping in New Orleans for my 18th b-day so we didn't get rolled up lol.
And hot? Holy crap I grew up working in tobacco fields, picking cucumbers, sweet potatoes etc.. during spring and summer but its like 100 degrees and 100% humidity down there every dang day in summer. Moms side of the family was all Tiger but my dads side is where the VOL love came from. GBO!

Reactions: joevol33
Once they started so horribly this year I was hoping they’d tank and get Burrow but nope, in typical Falcons fashion they even screwed losing up.
I'm hoping the Falcons win 1-3 games and get a top 3 NFL Draft pick in 2021:D The Falcons need to start looking for the successor to Matt Ryan:)

I'm hoping the Falcons win 1-3 games and get a top 3 NFL Draft pick in 2021:D The Falcons need to start looking for the successor to Matt Ryan:)
They do. I’m still holding out hope they do like they did in the 2000 draft (I think that’s the right year) where they traded up to get a QB at number 1. Doubtful but I can still dream.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
80558184_3671617442878218_8556577698430844928_n.jpg

We'll see.
If you all can't open your eyes then fine.

Fields is considerably more NFL ready than Lawrence.
Never won a big game or beat a real good team= Fields
Lawrence 1 NC win 2 times getting to the game. 1 loss as a starter.
Clemson could of had 2-3 more picks on him before the one at the end. NFL teams are better than Clemson, he ain’t ready

You and everyone else. Yet, no one will offer any analysis as to why.

With the kind of team Trevor Lawrence played on and he didn't play hinself into Heisman consideration? With the schedule they had.

Fields did...as a 1st year starter and a much harder schedule

I don't care how much the kid idolized Peyton Manning, he's not the next one.
He'd be very lucky to develop into an Alex Smith type player. LSU shut him completely down when they needed to. He was 18-37...less than 50 percent and he had Jusitn Ross and Tee Higgins at WR. A lot of those completions were check downs to Etienne.
You’re kidding right? It’s not even worth wasting time debating the subject if not.

VN Store

Back