Vols on Verge of Locking up #3 seed in East

Could be? Of course it is, but only minimally. The conf tourney is a conference fund raiser and little more. Committee uses it for very fine determinations, butisnt going to wholesale change seedings over it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

100% disagree. An early exit in the SEC tourney will not help us advance and will only be a hinderence to a comittee who has held early exits against us in the past.

100% disagree. An early exit in the SEC tourney will not help us advance and will only be a hinderence to a comittee who has held early exits against us in the past.

It mattered only when we were hunting a 1 seed.

It mattered only when we were hunting a 1 seed.

We run the table from here including the tourney and it could be the difference in a six and three seed. We dont run the table by losing in the tourney and it means a four seed at best. The comittee looks ast who is playing great late. We have a lot of momentum coming off this win. Although, I seriously doubt we will capitalize off of it. I just dont think we are that deep. Although Tatum back in the lineup as well as Williams could mean the difference in an early exit in the NCAA tourney.

Many coaches approach it that way. It's why the committee discounts the tournaments.

Coaches who have a 1-4 seed maybe. The better the seeding the better your chances of making a deep run. Big difference in a five and six seed.

Many coaches approach it that way. It's why the committee discounts the tournaments.

Coaches who have a 1-4 seed maybe. The better the seeding the better your chances of making a deep run. We are not in a position we can rest.........

We run the table from here including the tourney and it could be the difference in a six and three seed. We dont run the table by losing in the tourney and it means a four seed at best. The comittee looks ast who is playing great late. We have a lot of momentum coming off this win. Although, I seriously doubt we will capitalize off of it. I just dont think we are that deep. Although Tatum back in the lineup as well as Williams could mean the difference in an early exit in the NCAA tourney.

I would not mind running the table and winning the tournament. It would be a nice reward for the Coaches and players; and could hopefully send them into the post season with some momentum.

I also would not mind seeing them exit the SEC tourney early and rest up.

I know it's irrational, but I'd really really like to see us win the SEC tourney. I actually remember us winning it last time, when I was eight years old, and it appalls me that the third-grader I was then has since turned into a bald 40 year old man with kids of his own, and we haven't won it since. Choking it away to Miss State last season was sickening.

We made it the SECT Finals last year and it didn't do squat for us.

Do what? Nobody cared? Amazing.

Apples to Oranges comparison....That is the case with you though............to say the NCAA cmte doesnt care is ignorant.....Last year we went 8-5 in our last 13 games. This year we could go 10-3. It would make a huge difference if we could win out....Like I said I dont think we will. But anyone who says the NCAA doesnt care about tourney play and the latter part of the season is off base....way off..

Apples to Oranges comparison....That is the case with you though............to say the NCAA cmte doesnt care is ignorant.....Last year we went 8-5 in our last 13 games. This year we could go 10-3. It would make a huge difference if we could win out....Like I said I dont think we will. But anyone who says the NCAA doesnt care about tourney play and the latter part of the season is off base....way off..

The expository nature of your posts in this thread has been amazing. You tenured?

Inaccurate is leading forum readers to believe that the NCAA tourney cmte discounts winning the conference tourney.....that is just down right inaccurate.

Well, the lone example given in the whole thread was one you had to rationalize while I needed to say nothing. Interesting.

By the way, do you really think you're informing people of something on here? Explains the many elementary expository jobs you laid out there.

I believe though we didnt have a very impressive season that year either correct?

high RPI, but fair number of losses and no real super-quality wins right?

Why does it matter? The tourney either matters or it doesn't.

Why does it matter? The tourney either matters or it doesn't.

nothing's ever that definite though; especially when it's done by a comittee deciding

it seems really (perhaps) depends on your seed range (for main tourney) before hand; seems winning can provide a big boost if you're a low seed (or getting far if you're on the bubble) and a loss hurts if you're going for the top seeds

....but to me it seems it's really not a super major decider though....

VN Store

Back