Vols on Verge of Locking up #3 seed in East

If we're tied with Florida in terms of SEC record, how do we own the tiebreaker? I'm pretty sure Florida is 6-0 against the West, meaning they would have the same East record as us.

they still have 2 SEC east games (Vandy & UK); we're done w/ SEC east play

Two tough games to go, Arkansas is a must win at home, MSU is going to be tough we'll need a great effort all game to win that one in Starkville.

Vols have an opportunity to get surprisingly high NCAA seed. The number one and number two teams in the country have only three losses all season out of nearly sixty games (prior to final result today in the Kansas game) and the Vols have two of these wins, one by 8 pts and one by 9 pts. Both of these wins together are an awesome resume builder!

I can't understand how #20 in nation and with wins over #1 and #2 can sink as low as 6 or 8 seed. Maybe before today's game but now I think we should be at least a 5. Going 2 and 2 ( split next two and win one in sec ) we should be 4 or 5. I hope we have big orange nation fill up Brigestone Arena and keep out the mist

One website has us in as a 5 seed
Basketball Predictions: BP65

We aren't winning the tourney.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
I understand your realistic perspective on things, but you can't say that there is absolutely no chance we win the tourney. This week is a perfect example of what this team is capable of...laying an egg and getting blown of the gym OR beating any team in America.

I don't think we are likely to win the tournament, but if this team has taught me one thing, it's to never count them out. The Kansas and Kentucky wins both came when many had left us for dead.

I understand your realistic perspective on things, but you can't say that there is absolutely no chance we win the tourney. This week is a perfect example of what this team is capable of...laying an egg and getting blown of the gym OR beating any team in America.

I don't think we are likely to win the tournament, but if this team has taught me one thing, it's to never count them out. The Kansas and Kentucky wins both came when many had left us for dead.

Just don't think 4 days in a row is our bag.

agreed 100%. Seems like they can get up for the big games but can look right past lesser games. Don't think they understand that the biggest game that they have left is their next one.

Quite frankly, judging by the way you have played against both teams, I would rather play UK than Vandy in the semi's.

To be honest, I want no part of playing miss state twice in a week with them fighting to get an at large. I'll take my chances with arkansas/ole miss then kentucky. If we can win 4 and get to the semis I like our shot at a 5.

I don't really think you are a fan. It is short for fanatic. You are more like a deb. Short for Debbie Downer.

This team has the ability to win it. They just have to put it all together. The last time they beat a high ranked team (Kansas), they went on a good run. Maybe this will give them momentum to go on another run.

Vols have an opportunity to get surprisingly high NCAA seed. The number one and number two teams in the country have only three losses all season out of nearly sixty games (prior to final result today in the Kansas game) and the Vols have two of these wins, one by 8 pts and one by 9 pts. Both of these wins together are an awesome resume builder!

The one point loss to TOP 5 Purdue on a nuetral floor dosen't hurt either...

I don't really think you are a fan. It is short for fanatic. You are more like a deb. Short for Debbie Downer.

This team has the ability to win it. They just have to put it all together. The last time they beat a high ranked team (Kansas), they went on a good run. Maybe this will give them momentum to go on another run.
Your thoughts regarding my fandom mean dick to me. I hope we win, but I'll take whatever you'd like to wager on the do.

You don't have guard play like ours and win 4 days simultaneously against increasingly better teams.

Let me know on that wager.

Your thoughts regarding my fandom mean dick to me. I hope we win, but I'll take whatever you'd like to wager on the do.

You don't have guard play like ours and win 4 days simultaneously against increasingly better teams.

Let me know on that wager.

You obviously are just a crusty old guy that feels like has wronged you in some way. Just the fact you are willing to take a bet on the other team shows your colors. I'm not getting into a pissing match with you because I can tell you are the type to who would respond for the next 2 years. So basically to go back to the days when I watched professional wrestling "I got 2 words for ya......"

Last edited:
Since you want to get rude. I'd wager you own a dog and a jar of peanut butter.

The sentence structure might have been at fault here or it might have been the content, but this made no sense whatsoever.

Gotta think positive (hey it can't hurt). We've seen flashes of what this team is capable of but they need to string a few together. It's certainly not going to be an easy task but not impossible.

Gotta think positive (hey it can't hurt). We've seen flashes of what this team is capable of but they need to string a few together. It's certainly not going to be an easy task but not impossible.

Why do we need to be positive? The SEC Tourney is secondary to anything we're trying to accomplish. We're in the tourney and it will only minimally impact our seeding, so intense focus is hard to imagine.

Frankly, I'd rather skip it and head on to our regional.

I certainly wouldn't bet on them winning it, but I never thought georgia could pull off three in 2 days in 08 either.

I think we can lose to State next Saturday. If we win out though, we'll be most likely a 3. I think we at least lose two, though.

But UGA had something to play for. We really don't.

I'm not saying I think we will. I do think getting to the semis is a must for seeding purposes. We need to show up. Could be difference between a 5 or 6.

I'm not saying I think we will. I do think getting to the semis is a must for seeding purposes. We need to show up. Could be difference between a 5 or 6.

We beat MSU at the Hump, the tourney is immaterial.

I disagree even winning on the road at MSU......an early loss in the tourney could be detrimental.

Could be? Of course it is, but only minimally. The conf tourney is a conference fund raiser and little more. Committee uses it for very fine determinations, butisnt going to wholesale change seedings over it.

Could be? Of course it is, but only minimally. The conf tourney is a conference fund raiser and little more. Committee uses it for very fine determinations, butisnt going to wholesale change seedings over it.

A loss to lsu or arky in the tournament will negatively affect our seeding.

VN Store

Back