Vols on upset alert in week 10

So, you don't get Tennessee AND the points.

You select one or the other; not both.

fde94592a6e1032a57381b5127b33e8e.jpeg

Reactions: tellicoflash
U of F edumacation.
hey now. You’re gonna piss off our resident “Tennessee”/ Florida fan with all the degrees if you speak ill of the Gators. Florida has no shortcomings and Tennessee shouldn’t be accredited, just remember that.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Yes, I knew you were talking about UAB. I was trying to show that UT also plays a lot of weak teams.
Every team UT has played or will play with the exception of UTC would have a record at least as good as UAB's against that schedule. That doesn't make them a bad team. It does undermine any and all reasoning that suggests they're a good team based on their record or statistics.

Reactions: Falcons02
to the mere mortals it could be upset Saturday but not for us...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT UAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
It's still interesting the way fans today think there's such a thing as a "cupcake" team. THEY DO NOT EXIST! I definitely think the Vols should win Saturday night but why would anyone ever think any team will be a cake walk? With all the transfers available now and just the simple elevation of player talent and training they receive in high school nowadays. There's so many good players available now. UAB obviously has a group that has bought in to Clark's message regardless of who they've played or beaten or lost to. Vols MUST be ready to play Saturday night either way.

UAB is 6-1. It has upset written all over it.

Let down game against a strong team, at night, in cold, poor crowd, bad JG shows up.

View attachment 235188

If anyone on here thinks UAB is a strong team than you clearly know nothing about football. Of course there is always a chance a weaker team wins, but this is a team that has beaten teams 111, 123, 124, 127, and 130 out of 130 by an average of 8.3 points. There strength of schedule is 129 out of 130 at this point. If you were counting above their sixth win came against a sub-par I-AA team. So, there best win is against 3-5 UT-San Antonio.
My point, I like our odds. Will not be surprised if this win is by over 30 points.

Funny how some of y'all getting pretty cocky, predicting winning out and dominating UAB based on a couple wins over SEC teams with losing records.

Not concerned in the least about UAB. This team is light years ahead of where it was against Georgia State and BYU. The veteran leadership has stepped up, the freshmen have grown up. The OL has figured it out, the defense has turned a corner, and QB play is worlds ahead of where it was back then. Is there a chance that Tennessee could slip up and get beat if the Vols overlook UAB? Sure. But does anyone think for a minute that this team is going to overlook ANYONE this season after what happened against Georgia State? Not a chance. Vols win big, and cover easily. Given how Tennessee has played the last 3-4 weeks, that line of -11.5 is an insult.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If anyone on here thinks UAB is a strong team than you clearly know nothing about football. Of course there is always a chance a weaker team wins, but this is a team that has beaten teams 111, 123, 124, 127, and 130 out of 130 by an average of 8.3 points. There strength of schedule is 129 out of 130 at this point. If you were counting above their sixth win came against a sub-par I-AA team. So, there best win is against 3-5 UT-San Antonio.
My point, I like our odds. Will not be surprised if this win is by over 30 points.

All they do is WIN WIN WIN

Upset alert? Who is making this Alert? The line is Tn-13.5, this does not sound like an ALERT to me. Is someone starting to drink a little early? Smoking crack? Or just making this stuff up?

I stopped betting on games a long time ago, but if I did I would stay away from this game. Why? First off never bet on "your team." Your emotions cloud your judgement. Second UAB is a well coached team as evidenced by their 6-1 record. I know they play in a crappy conference, but it's hard to go 6-1 in any conference. Third they have a bye week before playing us. Give a good coaching staff two weeks to come up with a game plan, and they'll have a fighting chance even if they have inferior talent. Also it gives the team a chance to rest. Realize also this is the biggest game of the year for them. They'll be pumped.

I think they'll give us their best punch and keep it close early. They may even have the lead at some point. I think eventually we'll wear them down and start pulling away in the 3rd quarter. We win 33-20.

Are they not supposed to do that?

Someone needs to post a copy of "A Fans guide on how to properly enjoy college football", because somebody is doing wrong.

Feisty again this AM Behr?

But I didn't say people were wrong, just that I find it funny that, after all these years of high expectations turning false, it doesn't take much good news for many people to once again assume the Vols are returning to greatness. Perhaps I should have used "interesting" instead of "funny" but I find lots of stuff funny and interesting that's not "wrong". Heck, I even like a lot of your posts.

As for "A Fans guide on how to properly enjoy college football", if you'll write one I'd like to reserve an early copy.

Reactions: 08Vol
Feisty again this AM Behr?

But I didn't say people were wrong, just that I find it funny that, after all these years of high expectations turning false, it doesn't take much good news for many people to once again assume the Vols are returning to greatness. Perhaps I should have used "interesting" instead of "funny" but I find lots of stuff funny and interesting that's not "wrong". Heck, I even like a lot of your posts.

As for "A Fans guide on how to properly enjoy college football", if you'll write one I'd like to reserve an early copy.

I just axed a quershton.

It would be a really short book. With lots of cussing.

And I wouldn’t think anyone else would either. But in today’s world the #129 team is not the same as it was 25 years ago...at all.

Reactions: 08Vol
Against junk teams. Dobyns Bennett could beat most of the teams UAB has beaten.

It is a 247 story.

Regardless of Strength of Schedule, any FBS team with a 6-1 record can beat a 3-5 team that is in the #50-75 ranked group.

This team is full of Alabama athletes who grew up HATING Phil Fulmer for putting Bama in the NCAA jailhouse.

We went into overtime against them in 2010.

To think that all we have to do is just show up is....

It is a 247 story.

Regardless of Strength of Schedule, any FBS team with a 6-1 record can beat a 3-5 team that is in the #50-75 ranked group.

This team is full of Alabama athletes who grew up HATING Phil Fulmer for putting Bama in the NCAA jailhouse.

We went into overtime against them in 2010.

To think that all we have to do is just show up is....

Dude, if it is that important for you to stress over a team that we should beat handily, be my guest. You miserable minority guys are hilarious.

I am in favor of the young QBs starting and playing a lot, but for the life of me can't understand the idiotic vitriol on JG. Yes, he is not the best and, yes, he made a big mistake against the Gumps, but so does everyone else. Do the haters believe if they can sit behind their keyboards and spew out the most hateful language they can muster that JG will be benched, forced to transfer or what? JG will be needed before the season is over and I for one am glad he is still ready to play. You can bet the coaching staff is glad he is ready barring injury.

SC was shut out the last half and those ST points allowed TN to lay off in mercy the last 10 minutes of the game. Taking away the points and saying we might not have scored anyway is trying to own both sides of the argument.

I own both sides of the argument. Say my name

VN Store

Back