Vols on upset alert in week 10

Fingers

Latest line: Tennessee by 11.5

Why it's upset-worthy: Could this be a letdown spot for the Vols coming off the big win against South Carolina? Considering UAB has won 17 of its past 21 games under Bill Clark, this one has upset alert written all over it. Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt is making sure his guys know UAB is coming into Neyland Stadium with one goal, something BYU and Georgia State have already accomplished this season in Knoxville.

"You look at them, they've got one of the best defenses in the country, statistically," Pruitt said Monday. "Putting pressure on the quarterback. I think there's 26 sacks. Not allowing a whole lot of points. A lot of pressure. Just really sound, good, hard-nosed football. Offensively, the guys take care of the football, create explosive plays. Got really good wide receivers. Wide receivers as a group, they look like SEC wide receivers — probably as good as any group that we've seen. We've got a tremendous challenge this week. Our guys have got to get in here, get focused. We've got to find a way to play our best football on Saturday night, and that's what we're going to focus on this week."

UAB is 6-1. It has upset written all over it.

Let down game against a strong team, at night, in cold, poor crowd, bad JG shows up.

View attachment 235188
That 6-1 is very misleading. The combined record of there opponents is 13-41, the only team with a winning record they have played beat them (Western Kentucky). There strength of schedule is 129 out of 130 teams

That 6-1 is very misleading. The combined record of there opponents is 13-41, the only team with a winning record they have played beat them (Western Kentucky). There strength of schedule is 129 out of 130 teams

Strength of Schedule is misleading: Georgia State is 98 out of 130 and they just totally waxed us. Wasn't even a close game. We got manhandled.

J.T. will be our only healthy QB. With the pressure that the Alabama lads generate, he probably won't last the entire game.

We will probably just have to punt it back to them on all the first downs in the second half.

I don’t think a single player on our team has even remotely forgotten what the losses to Ga State and BYU felt like. Still waaaay too fresh regardless of wins vs Miss St and SCar. I think they view every team as standing in their way of accomplishing their goals. One of which should be to never be THAT team again that showed up the first two games.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Not saying we should look past them, but give me an effin break. Pruitts just blowin smoke up their a**es. UAB hasn't beat nobody. GSU shouldn't have happened, and let's not compare BYU to to them. BYU is a p5 program. Upset alert, sure if we go in there sleep-walking. I highly doubt that happens. We'll wipe the field with UAB, book it.

VN Store

Back