Vols not done yet..per Kiffin / Surprise coming (merged)

i've had a real good feeling about bryce brown ever since i heard that Kiff told him he wanted to build the program around him

I don't think CLK would make a statement like that if he were referring to Oku. He has been too wishy washy. I also don't think BB would commit without having visited the campus. My bet is on JJ. :shades:

Doesn't Charles run like a 4.5 forty. I wouldn't mind him as a WR. Prob the fastest TE in the country. Also this is my first year on Volnation and first year following NSD. Is Auburn Oku's next choice. They signed several running backs today. I figured if BB signed somewhere besides UT, Oku would want to come back.

welcome to the board :)

OK, now the loss of Marlon Brown and a few others really doesn't sting as bad hearing all of this.

I would sure as hell take the other Brown any day. No way do we have a shot at these guys if not for Kiffin and staff.

GO VOLS

we needed marlon brown pretty bad... not just because we need his talents, but because kiffin vowed to close the border... and it didnt work. thats why it stings. as far as bryce brown goes i wouldnt get your hopes up. He hasn't even visited yet.

we needed marlon brown pretty bad... not just because we need his talents, but because kiffin vowed to close the border... and it didnt work. thats why it stings. as far as bryce brown goes i wouldnt get your hopes up. He hasn't even visited yet.

Yea and with time im sure Kiffin will close the border. Its now just B. Brown were talking about either, its Charles, Jackson, and Oku. To still even to in discussion for these guys really does take some sting out of losing Brown to Georgia.

It says in a Daily Beacon article:

"The nation’s top tailback, Bryce Brown, is taking his sweet time with recruiting and won’t even visit UT until sometime after his family vacation ends on Feb. 7."

I didn't realize we had secured a visit with Bryce Brown? If so, that's huge!

welcome to the board bgreer. interesting day to jump in. post often!

Thanks. No I just troll most of the time:zeitung_lesen:

I really didn't care for all the so called inside info I thought everyone had but it's crazy how much you guys know about these boys. 90% of the time your right. So I go to work and look like a genius. I post on CBS during the day under ihatemets13. Plus I see how you freakin make guys who post stuff that's not up to par look like complete idiots. :eek:lol:

It says in a Daily Beacon article:

"The nation’s top tailback, Bryce Brown, is taking his sweet time with recruiting and won’t even visit UT until sometime after his family vacation ends on Feb. 7."

I didn't realize we had secured a visit with Bryce Brown? If so, that's huge!

Sounds interesting, you have a link?

1,000th post!:):p:dance2::rock::good!::dance::clapping::yes::peace2::salute::pepper::clap:

Here's the stuff P-Row was talking about in the Beacon piece---

[The nation’s top tailback, Bryce Brown, is taking his sweet time with recruiting and won’t even visit UT until sometime after his family vacation ends on Feb. 7.]

I wonder if Brad Merritt just assumed it was a formality that Bryce was already planning a visit or if he genuinely has a source that Bryce is definitely visiting Tennessee.

[“I’m so proud of our staff for being able to do what we did, but I don’t think this class is over,” Kiffin said. “I think you got another big surprise coming up pretty quick.”]

link---

The Daily Beacon

John Brice from Volquest said this morning that UT was probably going to get a visit from Brice Brown after NSD and that our chances were as good as anyones. He said UT was definitely in the mix. If this is all true along with what Chris Low is reporting about Jackson signing with UT, that could mean we get them both. That would be sweet.

Realistically, 1 of the handful named is gravy, BUT it'd be nice to land 2 of em. Sounds like Jackson coming is realistic. Brown or Orson would round things out quite nicely. Brown is am obvious talent, but I also think Orson at TE could create crazy mismatches.

John Brice from Volquest said this morning that UT was probably going to get a visit from Brice Brown after NSD and that our chances were as good as anyones. He said UT was definitely in the mix. If this is all true along with what Chris Low is reporting about Jackson signing with UT, that could mean we get them both. That would be sweet.

That can't happen. What would all the haters do???

Both of these guys would be amazing.

I think YOYO mentioned that possibly more visits after NSD. Could that mean BB? I would take BB over Orson: a franchise RB can turn a program around, a great TE/WR is just fancy icing on a beautiful cake.

The surprise is either Jackson or someone we haven't heard of. Brown and Charles are still going to take visits, and wont announce for at least another week.

I'm not saying we don't get Brown or Charles, but the "surprise" mentioned had to have been Jackson.

No offense guys /gals,

But holding out for the remaining seems a long-shot.
Could it be 2010 recruits?

I don't know.

I think this is a building year that goes 7 wins at worst and we get back to the top next year.

VN Store

Back