Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can @Ron Swanson keep faking positivity about recruiting at this point?
I’m not faking anything. I think recruiting is going to be boring and not very good for a long time. This program has been burned to the ground. So many coaching changes. The new guys just got here a few months ago. This is going to be a true rebuild that will take many years.

So I’m choosing to stay positive but not really care about individual recruits anytime soon. I suggest you guys do the same. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Hopefully we win some games this fall. That will help.

I’m pretty much checked out these days for the most part. Looking forward to watching games this fall though.

Its 2-2 in the last 4 with the total score in those 4 years being 83-74 Kentucky. If they land the Wade twins and Kiyaunte Goodwin they'll have the 11th ranked class in the country. The trajectories are much different right now.

Good for them.

You can join the other 61,000 UK fans at Kroger Field, I’ll stick with Neyland Stadium.

I’m not faking anything. I think recruiting is going to be boring and not very good for a long time. This program has been burned to the ground. So many coaching changes. The new guys just got here a few months ago. This is going to be a true rebuild that will take many years.

So I’m choosing to stay positive but not really care about individual recruits anytime soon. I suggest you guys do the same. It’s going to get worse before it gets better. Hopefully we win some games this fall. That will help.

I’m pretty much checked out these days for the most part. Looking forward to watching games this fall though.
Wise advice

Its 2-2 in the last 4 with the total score in those 4 years being 83-74 Kentucky. If they land the Wade twins and Kiyaunte Goodwin they'll have the 11th ranked class in the country. The trajectories are much different right now.
Kentucky finished 34 and 35 on 247 and rivals in last years recruiting rankings while Tennessee with all the craziness plus finishing 3-7 still had a 19th ranked recruiting class. I don’t think Kentucky’s trajectory is looking too great right now.

I hate to lose these kids but I highly doubt Kentucky can finish with a better class than Tennessee in any year, if anything they’re getting their top guys now and the rest will be filled out with lower ranked guys

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
So is this a package deal or get out? Like Keaton isn’t going anywhere his bro isn’t going?

Kentucky finished 34 and 35 on 247 and rivals in last years recruiting rankings while Tennessee with all the craziness plus finishing 3-7 still had a 19th ranked recruiting class. I don’t think Kentucky’s trajectory is looking too great right now.
I believe they only took like 16-17 kids.

I hate to lose these kids but I highly doubt Kentucky can finish with a better class than Tennessee in any year, if anything they’re getting their top guys now and the rest will be filled out with lower ranked guys
You could say that but they still havent landed some of the top guys they're still after + in that state there are a few 4 stars left to commit. Teams don't usually finish their recruiting cycles with players rated lower than the guys who committed early. Normally teams are holding off on those last 10-12 spots for guys they only hope they can land.

This. Its also April. This class will be determined by our play on the field this fall and I promise you there will be bunches and bunches of quality recruits still out there at that time. Last year was a complete wash in the high school ranks. Kids will come out of the woodwork during the season the likes of which we have never seen. We must have patience above all else.

Based on what AP said in the mailbag, the sticking point in the recruitment is how seriously Destin will be considered at QB. AP thinks UK is selling him on being the main QB recruit for their class, while TN is obviously recruiting other QBs. He thinks the UT staff has done enough with Keaten.

Lol...that’s why UK struggles to find a QB every year.

There always seems to be juice when a new staff comes in. None with this staff. That’s what is worrisome.
How can there be juice when a NCAA punishment is looming over the program. Every rival and non-rival is using that against Tennessee. It's extremely easy to negative recruit Tennessee right now and there's absolutely nothing this coaching staff can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back