Vols no longer pursuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing.

If UT had 5 or 6 commitments already..............nobody would care about these two. Just saying...........;)

Reactions: Smokeytom
to get their asses handed to them; if they so chose. ;D
I’m usually the first one to shoot down Kentucky beating Tennessee from anyone because I think that’s nonsense with the way the 2 teams are at the moment, but if they start stealing kids Tennessee wants and out recruiting us like this, they aren’t gonna be “getting their asses handed to them” much longer. Losing Destin isn’t that big of a deal, but Keaten going to KY is catastrophic.

The worst part of this is that Fisher Anderson or any NPA kid we wanted now has no pressure to stay home.

I’m usually the first one to shoot down Kentucky beating Tennessee from anyone because I think that’s nonsense with the way the 2 teams are at the moment, but if they start stealing kids Tennessee wants and out recruiting us like this, they aren’t gonna be “getting their asses handed to them” much longer. Losing Destin isn’t that big of a deal, but Keaten going to KY is catastrophic.

The worst part of this is that Fisher Anderson or any NPA kid we wanted now has no pressure to stay home.
Catastrophic? Yeah no.

Maybe that was the wrong word, but name another LB better than or on the level Keaten we’re in serious contention for... not Jaylen Sneed, at least not without him being able to actually visit here

At this point with so little to go on, who the hell knows if there are better LB's out there? I swear you guys act like this is a normal year.

I wonder if we have a change in strategy soon. We don't have momentum with anyone right now. Like obviously you want to leave space open for the best recruits, but at what point do you say ok this isn't working we need to change our philosophy and focus on lower ranked players.

Of course, if we happen to look really good this fall it can change quickly I suppose.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I wonder if we have a change in strategy soon. We don't have momentum with anyone right now. Like obviously you want to leave space open for the best recruits, but at what point do you say ok this isn't working we need to change our philosophy and focus on lower ranked players.

Of course, if we happen to look really good this fall it can change quickly I suppose.
If you’re an SEC school you just can not do this at all

Maybe that was the wrong word, but name another LB better than or on the level Keaten we’re in serious contention for... not Jaylen Sneed, at least not without him being able to actually visit here
None of this matters right now. Just forget about recruiting for awhile. The staff has to build relationships and that takes time. The best recruiting will be winning games this fall.

I’m not worried about Kentucky.

They’re not nor won’t be a better football program than us. We’ve owned them for over 30 years and it’s took a historically bad Tennessee football team for them to finally start beating us.

Congratulations I guess?

The UK circle jerking needs to stop in this thread.

Based on what AP said in the mailbag, the sticking point in the recruitment is how seriously Destin will be considered at QB. AP thinks UK is selling him on being the main QB recruit for their class, while TN is obviously recruiting other QBs. He thinks the UT staff has done enough with Keaten.

I’m not worried about Kentucky.

They’re not nor won’t be a better football program than us. We’ve owned them for over 30 years and it’s took a historically bad Tennessee football team for them to finally start beating us.

Congratulations I guess?

The UK circle jerking needs to stop in this thread.
Its 2-2 in the last 4 with the total score in those 4 years being 83-74 Kentucky. If they land the Wade twins and Kiyaunte Goodwin they'll have the 11th ranked class in the country. The trajectories are much different right now.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back