Vols land #1 TE, #1 Player in TN

No 1 player, no 1 TE? 247 has Wolfe ranked as the 6th best player in the state. In fact, they have another TE, committed to Clemson, ranked as the best player in Tn.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodmanVol
Can UT please find a way to incorporate the TE position into a valuable asset in the passing game? Please?
When we have a TE who can run, block, and catch passes, they are a big part of the offense. This is the first year Pruitt have recruited a T E who can do all these things and this year he has two of them. Offense will be much better is the next few years. One of the biggest holes on offense has now been addressed. Don’t sweat it.

When we have a TE who can run, block, and catch passes, they are a big part of the offense. This is the first year Pruitt have recruited a T E who can do all these things and this year he has two of them. Offense will be much better is the next few years. One of the biggest holes on offense has now been addressed. Don’t sweat it.

Maybe next year. The BIGGEST hole is yet to be addressed. We gotta have someone that can effectively and reliably get the ball to him. I sure hope JG doesn't have another year of eligibility after his senior year!!!

HUGE BOOM! Best young TE prospect we’ve had in a very long time

Not sure what you base your evaluation on, but to expand a little on your post: I have watched this young man play football from mid-school. He is the real Mc Coy. Good hands, good speed, fairly quick, smart, and to me above all, a really good blocker at the line and down field.

I know this young man and his family. I am very pleasantly surprised. He has been all Bama.
Good for him, TN, and UT!

The Bama thing was there for sure, but Ohio St has been a fear of late. From what I have heard it may have been the biggest threat to his staying home. Don't get me wrong, Bama sneaks around all the time down in our neck of the woods. Down here they are a big pull as they are everywhere, but there a lot of Bama fans around these parts. Hard for a young man to ignore them.

Maybe next year. The BIGGEST hole is yet to be addressed. We gotta have someone that can effectively and reliably get the ball to him. I sure hope JG doesn't have another year of eligibility after his senior year!!!
I think H B will be able to do that. He seems to play better when the pressure is on. The offense will be much better this year.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
The Bama thing was there for sure, but Ohio St has been a fear of late. From what I have heard it may have been the biggest threat to his staying home. Don't get me wrong, Bama sneaks around all the time down in our neck of the woods. Down here they are a big pull as they are everywhere, but there a lot of Bama fans around these parts. Hard for a young man to ignore them.
You are correct.. I live about a hour from Savannah and go there for work occasionally.. I've met a few Bama fans that way.. I am glad he picked the Vols!

No, but take a long look at the young man that does play QB on his team. A young man to be watched or is being watched. Has all the tools, I mean ALL the tools.

I was just making a joke at all the times people ask if a guy can play TE, and the fact that we have 7qbs on the roster with 3-4 possible options at QB. Yes I know Bailey is the second coming

I was just making a joke at all the times people ask if a guy can play TE, and the fact that we have 7qbs on the roster with 3-4 possible options at QB. Yes I know Bailey is the second coming

You miss understand what I am saying about HIS team, His Qb. I mean right now not next year. The young man running his high school team right now is the real thing also. I would hate to see him somewhere else in the SEC. He has the things you look for besides throwing and running the ball. Pay attention to him.

Reactions: hardin_co85
I hope he can catch a 90 mph heater from 12 yards away. That is if JG hasn’t worked on an off speed pitch during the off-season.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
I hope he can catch a 90 mph heater from 12 yards away. That is if JG hasn’t worked on an off speed pitch during the off-season.
If JG can throw a football 90mph he's in the wrong sport. And he very well could be. You might be on to something

VN Store

Back