Vols in MLB Update

Sean posted this today, so I told him I would pass it along in case anyone knows of a kid that may be interested. He gave several lessons in the Mt. Juliet area but is moving to Knoxville for the off-season. So, he is looking for kids in the area to work with. I appreciate you guys sending this along if you know of anyone. Thank you!

Sean posted this today, so I told him I would pass it along in case anyone knows of a kid that may be interested. He gave several lessons in the Mt. Juliet area but is moving to Knoxville for the off-season. So, he is looking for kids in the area to work with. I appreciate you guys sending this along if you know of anyone. Thank you!

Any word on what’s in store for Sean this spring? Think he’ll get an invite to spring training with the big club?

Any word on what’s in store for Sean this spring? Think he’ll get an invite to spring training with the big club?

He hasn’t been told yet. He had a great postseason meeting with the higher ups in Tampa. So, we will see how it all shakes out. I think much will depend on the Rule 5 draft coming up in December. Then, they typically decide their plan going forward for everyone after that.

He hasn’t been told yet. He had a great postseason meeting with the higher ups in Tampa. So, we will see how it all shakes out. I think much will depend on the Rule 5 draft coming up in December. Then, they typically decide their plan going forward for everyone after that.
Please keep us updated.

Reactions: dh24
FYI - Phillies picked up Zach Linginfelter from the Angels in todays minor league level Rule 5 draft. I did not hear any other eligible VFL names called during the draft.
With the MiLB Rule 5 Draft, does he have to remain on the AAA or Major League rooster for a full year.

Reactions: ArdentVol
If a player is taken in the minor league rule 5, the new team can technically place that player at any level within their organization. It differs from the MLB rule 5, where the player must be on the 40-man for one full season.

Just posting this about Evan as FYI. We became very close with Evan and his family over the course of the past few years. You won’t find a better family anywhere!

Sad to hear that ER is hanging the cleats up, but I'm sure he'll do well. Nice to see the support from Sean!

Looks like former Vol Zach Osborne has been named hitting coach for the Rockies High A team in Spokane. It’s in the agate from Saturday’s News Sentinel. Here’s an older article on him: Zach Osborne brings hands-on approach as Spokane Indians hitting coach

UT Shortstop if I can recall from about 10 years or so. He put the "short" in shortstop and was a solid player. Thanks for the update. I tend to forget or not keep track of those that played in the past.

I don’t know much about Australian baseball, does this mean Spence is no longer in the Cubs organization? Or, is this just an off-season thing for training purposes?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back