Vols in MLB Update

Good to see Drew Gilbert on that list. I was worried that being a little small would hurt his chances in the MLB draft. Just because you are good college player does not mean a MLB team will take a chance on you.

On the opposite side, Furguson seemed to have his struggles at the plate but has all the size MLB is looking for.

I hope it works out well for all the Vols.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Good to see Drew Gilbert on that list. I was worried that being a little small would hurt his chances in the MLB draft. Just because you are good college player does not mean a MLB team will take a chance on you.

On the opposite side, Furguson seemed to have his struggles at the plate but has all the size MLB is looking for.

I hope it works out well for all the Vols.

Mookie Betts is 5' 9". Size isn't that big of a deal in baseball. You can hit and field or you can't.

Mookie Betts is 5' 9". Size isn't that big of a deal in baseball. You can hit and field or you can't.

You gotta have a MLB arm as well, which probably is the least of concern with Gilbert

You will always have outliers but recently MLB has definitely chosen more times than not to draft taller and bigger payers, higher in the draft.

He has a shot at C.F. which is the smallest of the outfielders, average height is 6.125 and just under 200lbs. Probably smaller and faster to cover so much ground. He is a little undersized for the corners of the outfield.

Baseball Players All Shapes and Sizes).

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Ozzie Albies and Jose Altuve, as well. Both small guys who hit for average and also have surprising pop given their stature.

Yep. You’re not doing the Oklahoma Drill or posting up a 7’1” mountain in baseball. Physical tools are important, but your size isn’t make or break.

Plenty of guys that are smaller. Hell, when Aaron Judge came into the scene some people originally were questioning if he was TOO big to play outfield.

VN Store

Back