Vols greatest at NFL positions

I was talking with a fellow die hard vol fan last night and we started talking about an interesting subject. We started talking about the greatest players at their positions in the NFL. We were going down naming all the ones we could debate on who is the best. I don't know if any other vol fans have thought about this topic but we came to the conclusion (with a little orange tinted glasses on) that UT has possibly 3 of the greatest to play their position.

Reggie White - DE - I think we all could agree that he is the greatest DE ever.

Peyton Manning - QB - I know he is still playing but in my opinion when he finally retires he will be the greatest to play the QB position.

Jason Witten - TE - Also still playing so his stats will only get better but he could possibly end up the greatest at his position.

I know that the last 2 will prob get argued but still what other school can say that they have 3 of the greatest players to play their position.

Just thought that this was pretty cool and wanted to see what other VFL's thought about this!

GBO!

Doug Atkins is on the all time NFL team along with Reggie...you kids are too young to remember all the greats!

You're delusional. Brady is 11-5 against Manning, thats not by accident.

I agree with you. However, Brady has Belichek as well. The one year Brady was out the Pats still went 11-5. The year Manning was out I believe the Colts had like 2 or 3 wins. You put Manning on Belichek's team and likely he has more rings than Brady IMO. I know that is a lot of hypothetical though.

People take the Brady-Manning argument so personnally.

There are a certain amount of quarterbacks in the running for best ever (choose your number). Yes, Peyton is one of them. Yes, Brady is another.

And I can make an argument for both of them as well as few others.

It's really hard to judge because people look at numbers or other things and the era has completely changed.

I don't know what numbers guys like Montana and the others would have put up in a league where intentional grounding is legal, you can't hit the qb, you can't breathe on a WR, teams throw it 50 times a game, etc, etc, etc.

Using Bleacher Report to defend any case automatically makes your side weaker.

Not at all because in this case the article is spot on accurate. Instead of dumb one liner dismissal of something you have not even read why don't you try to address it and try to point out where they went wrong? Good luck with it - the arguments they make are rock solid (and statistics/numbers in the article don't lie).

VN Store

Back