Vols get new commit from GA DE Roman Harrison

Like I've said before about previous recruits that are supposedly best kept secrets, I hope the kid is an All American here. But there has been a recurring theme with our last 3 coaching staffs, that they are recruiting savants that seem to unearth superstars that every other coaching staff in America would love to have, yet somehow never offer, despite having similar resources and coaches who identify talent same as we do. I simply wonder, why is it different this time?

The most biggest difference is having to camp in front of the staff to earn the offer . That may or may not change over time if he is successful here but I think for now atleast he wants to see and know what he’s got and the best way to do that is to have them camp .

Reactions: 1 person
You're right. I can't argue with you in terms of Pruitt's pedigree VS our previous two coach's. I guess it's battered Vol syndrome. With the way things have been the last 10 years, I always assume the worst.

been there...and probably still partly there whether i realize it or not.

but, this does feel all together different than the last 3 hires. like opposite end of the spectrum different.

dare i say, it feels......"right"?:eek:lol:

*** on 247 but has a ***** name. Always go with the name ranking as well as a dread ranking before all other recruiting services.

Another “trust in the coaches evaluation” one. I’ll ride with that but this is the first commit that I won’t bother defending against the 3 star police. The Simmons kid from Pearl-Cohn is a big body at a vital position of need. This one is based on projection due to sheer athleticism and production at a spot he won’t be playing at.

been there...and probably still partly there whether i realize it or not.

but, this does feel all together different than the last 3 hires. like opposite end of the spectrum different.

dare i say, it feels......"right"?:eek:lol:

What this search had the prior three didn't was Schiano and the fan revolt, a disaster that pushed the search even farther down the list of candidates. Tennessee has made the coaching search process seem akin to hunting for Easter eggs, when it's actually supposed to have some sort of rhyme or reason to it. However, every now and then there is a totally kickass Easter egg hidden right behind the Mastiff poop.

What this search had the prior three didn't was Schiano and the fan revolt, a disaster that pushed the search even farther down the list of candidates. Tennessee has made the coaching search process seem akin to hunting for Easter eggs, when it's actually supposed to have some sort of rhyme or reason to it. However, every now and then there is a totally kickass Easter egg hidden right behind the Mastiff poop.

:eek:lol: wipe the crap off it and go. the only thing for certain is we're all gonna find out one way or the other how this turns out.

you hear the phrase "the ends justify the means". i don't think anyone would write a book about how we got our newest head coach and would say "this is how you do it"...no matter how good he may turn out to be, hopefully......:eek:lol:

You guys understand we're in for a bunch of huge recruits too, right? Some of you are acting like we're JUST taking lowly rated recruits...

Like I've said, this is how Pruitt's gonna operate. Put yourself back in time to before rankings and blogs.

Pruitt watches a kid practice/play and HE decides if the kid is what he wants, not the ranking services.
He has previously and will continue to skip recruiting 4* guys that would come to UT if they don't meet his criteria and vice versa with 3 stars.

Not defending his methods, no idea how they will work out but it's what he's going to do.
But if you're a complainer of 3 stars, at least be cautious of saying he can't recruit. Because when elite players fit his mold, he's gonna get his share of those also.
This staff has offered 203 prospects rated 4* or higher. The reason we don't have more of them committed is because they committed somewhere else and not because Pruitt is the world's best rough diamond finder.

Like I've said before about previous recruits that are supposedly best kept secrets, I hope the kid is an All American here. But there has been a recurring theme with our last 3 coaching staffs, that they are recruiting savants that seem to unearth superstars that every other coaching staff in America would love to have, yet somehow never offer, despite having similar resources and coaches who identify talent same as we do. I simply wonder, why is it different this time?

Pruitt and his championship resume?

This staff has offered 203 prospects rated 4* or higher. The reason we don't have more of them committed is because they committed somewhere else and not because Pruitt is the world's best rough diamond finder.

You guys understand we're in for a bunch of huge recruits too, right? Some of you are acting like we're JUST taking lowly rated recruits...

In for huge recruits and landing them are two different things. Right now we’re landing 3* and 0* recruits.

His top two choices were Tennessee and Georgia Tech. It seems like Tennessee and Georgia Tech are competing for a lot of recruits lately.
We need big bodies, lots of depth along the lines. Pruitt understands this. I'd rather beat out Georgia but I'll take it, provided he coaches them up.

At 6'2" & 250 lbs., a 39" vertical leap and I have read that he runs a 4.5 40, the kid has the potential to be an animal for us at OLB.

[TWITTER]1006233184231657473[/TWITTER]​

BOOM!

In for huge recruits and landing them are two different things. Right now we’re landing 3* and 0* recruits.

That's because of the state of the football program right now and it will take time for it to get better...........................just sayin':whistling:

At 6'2" & 250 lbs., a 39" vertical leap and I have read that he runs a 4.5 40, the kid has the potential to be an animal for us at OLB.

[TWITTER]1006233184231657473[/TWITTER]​

BOOM!

Great. If Tennessee ever adopts "Keep Away" as a sport, he's our guy!

There is a difference between offered and recruited. I love how you cry "we don't know if those offers are committable" when it's other schools but claim that all of ours are.
B******.

Several in state alone that we never pushed for whether you admit or not.

Reactions: 2 people
That's because of the state of the football program right now and it will take time for it to get better...........................just sayin':whistling:
But how do we get better without better players? We will not beat talent level of UGA and Bama by coaching up the diamonds in the rough. So I guess the plan is to coach up some rough talent so that in 2-3 years we can consistently beat VU, KY and MO, putting ourselves in position to slug it out with UF and SC for second best in the division and then we hopefully start attracting enough talent so that another 3-4 years down the road we will be close enough to level with UGA and Bama that we can start thinking about the SECCG and cfb playoff? Pruitt will never last long enough for that process to play out.

VN Store

Back