Vols flip Gooch from AUB!

But do we really have any wasted scholarships right now? We may have trouble fielding a team if we have any injuries at this point.
Normally that might be true. But the extra Covid year will return several guys to UT that would have been gone. The transfer portal is full of guys that don't have a landing spot yet. This is a unique time when you can cut guys loose much easier if you don't think they fit you or if they really want out.

If we lose 18-20 in the portal, it doesn’t matter how many seniors we bring back for another year. We will struggle big time! Forget Aggie having the 12th man, we will have the 7th-12th men!!

Gooch does not fix in this offense .. they are doing him a favor .. OL coach says they need quick Tackles for this offense .. Gooch is not quick ...

Reactions: thistime
Idk about this young man, but I've heard Pruitt was paying straight out of his own pocket for some of them. . . bet he really does want that buyout $ now.

Normally that might be true. But the extra Covid year will return several guys to UT that would have been gone. The transfer portal is full of guys that don't have a landing spot yet. This is a unique time when you can cut guys loose much easier if you don't think they fit you or if they really want out.

I don't know the details of who is staying another year, but I think you are right. We may not be able to match Alabama in talent just yet, but the cupboard should not be bare.

Reactions: Dirtyhairies
Does he count against our 25 for this signing class then or does that open up a transfer spot? Since he is being released and not made to transfer.

I don't know the details of who is staying another year, but I think you are right. We may not be able to match Alabama in talent just yet, but the cupboard should not be bare.

Guys who can't play buttressed by players nobody wants.

All is well

Reactions: tpsdave

VN Store

Back