Vols flip Gooch from AUB!

This was his first year at OT. Previously played as DL and TE (oh my!). So I'm thinking make him occaisionally tackle eligible (or use him as an extra TE on Jumbo package) and let him run over a few dbs on the way to the end zone!

Reactions: jonnon111
Great win for our Vols! Watched his video and there is a good belly on there but as he gets college strong there is nearly unlimited potential. He plays a bit high and SEC edge rushers will eat that up but will get coached out of him. Overall this is, quite literally, a huge win for the Vols! GBO!

Great win for our Vols! Watched his video and there is a good belly on there but as he gets college strong there is nearly unlimited potential. He plays a bit high and SEC edge rushers will eat that up but will get coached out of him. Overall this is, quite literally, a huge win for the Vols! GBO!

He's only played about 12 games as an OL. The rest were as TE/DL, so he should be very coach-able.

Reactions: GoVols64
OK....probably gonna take heat for this, but is this get (which is awesome) perhaps a sign that Mims is headed to uga?

Gotta love that just on name alone. Guy was clearly born for sports with a name like Gooch.

OK....probably gonna take heat for this, but is this get (which is awesome) perhaps a sign that Mims is headed to uga?

There's always be room for Mims. If he comes to Rocky Top (still high on his list), then one of our OL might look elsewhere or we may just build incredible depth.

It sure would be nice if we only played RS Juniors and Seniors on our OL and let those guys get beefy and learn the trades well before starting.

Spraggins had similar dimensions last year (weight not height) and is already getting raves. All without the benefit or a traditional off-season. This kid enrolls early and Artis will have him physically ready to be an option imo.

Spraggins had similar dimensions last year (weight not height) and is already getting raves. All without the benefit or a traditional off-season. This kid enrolls early and Artis will have him physically ready to be an option imo.
Where did you get Spraggins info? Probably my favorite signee ... in a class I liked a lot. Maybe my favorite recruit of the Pruitt era judging purely from a post signing, pre-play perspective. Like his attitude and talent... and that when he gave his commitment he meant it.

I say make him a WR. Plenty tall enough :D or maybe an RB, talk about a cloud of dust!

Where did you get Spraggins info? Probably my favorite signee ... in a class I liked a lot. Maybe my favorite recruit of the Pruitt era judging purely from a post signing, pre-play perspective. Like his attitude and talent... and that when he gave his commitment he meant it.
One of the practice reports. Think the SI latest. Something about “violent hands”.

Reactions: sjt18
6'8" and 360 pounds...going to be interesting to see what he looks like after a year in a DI S&C program.

thegooch1-1024x824.jpg

A year older. And hopefully stronger.

Gotta say I didn’t see this one coming. These kids. He was more a project than the other linemen we have signed so I don’t think his leaving hurts us as much as the others but we definitely needed him for depth and to play a couple years from now. This staff will soon get to show us if they can indeed recruit.

Not a good fit for an offense that wants to run 90 plays a game. Judging by the Juco we just signed, we want guys in the 300-320 range. This guy may be a wasted scholarship if he doesn’t lose the weight.

Maybe he goes to Auburn (again).

Gotta say I didn’t see this one coming. These kids. He was more a project than the other linemen we have signed so I don’t think his leaving hurts us as much as the others but we definitely needed him for depth and to play a couple years from now. This staff will soon get to show us if they can indeed recruit.
He probably does not fit the bill for the offensive linemen we need to run the new offense. Hate to see a player leave, but it is likely the best for him and the football team.

But do we really have any wasted scholarships right now? We may have trouble fielding a team if we have any injuries at this point.

Reactions: jwilliams

VN Store

Back