Vols early favor over USU

This can't be right. I mean USU is a powerhouse. A very dangerous team that has a QB that is better than anybody in the SEC. They regularly dismantle top ranked teams and are a very dangerous team. We should really worry about USU.

This can't be right. I mean USU is a powerhouse. A very dangerous team that has a QB that is better than anybody in the SEC. They regularly dismantle top ranked teams and are a very dangerous team. We should really worry about USU.

Better than anybody in the SEC?

pffffttttt....... more like better than anybody ON THE PLANET!!!!! He will be the best player to ever come out of the Mac12-WEST or whatever conference they are in.

Last edited:
Utah State beat 2 teams in the top 25 at the end of their season (I watched them beat #21 NIU in the Poinsettia Bowl), and I believe their QB is back this year. They seem to be a solid, feisty team that is capable of beating us. I don't believe they will beat us because CBJ will have 118 ready, but IMO USU will give us a game.

They won't be nearly as turnover prone as WKU (it would be really hard to top that. I actually think they set an NCAA record that day) but the score could end up being similar if it gets ugly in the 2nd half. Not overlooking them by any means, but if Tennessee can improve the defense in fall camp the way they improved the offense this spring it won't be very close.

Utah State beat 2 teams in the top 25 at the end of their season (I watched them beat #21 NIU in the Poinsettia Bowl), and I believe their QB is back this year. They seem to be a solid, feisty team that is capable of beating us. I don't believe they will beat us because CBJ will have 118 ready, but IMO USU will give us a game.

Ive tried to find who the second ranked team they beat was. NIU and who else? I know they lost to a ranked Fresno ST team.

Yes, their QB is back.. but hes coming off of an ACL injury.

Can anybody tell me who all they lost? Ive seen it before but forgot. Didnt they lose like 3 OL, top 2 or 3 WR, RB and like 7 guys on defense including their entire secondary. I might be mixing them up with someone else

Ive tried to find who the second ranked team they beat was. NIU and who else? I know they lost to a ranked Fresno ST team.

Can anybody tell me who all they lost? Ive seen it before but forgot. Didnt they lose like 3 OL, top 2 or 3 WR, RB and like 7 guys on defense including their entire secondary. I might be mixing them up with WKU.

fyp

J/K....J/K:)

Can anybody tell me who all they lost? Ive seen it before but forgot. Didnt they lose like 3 OL, top 2 or 3 WR, RB and like 7 guys on defense including their entire secondary. I might be mixing them up with someone else

You are correct, they lost to Fresno State in their championship game by a TD. My bad.

You are correct, they lost to Fresno State in their championship game by a TD. My bad.

I was curious if you knew. I saw some of their fans on their site say that they went 2-1 vs ranked teams last year. I couldnt find the 2nd ranked team.

on offense
We return our starting QB, RB, 2 WR (lose top 2 going by yards, but not by receptions or who is standing on the field when the game starts), and 1 OL (but a few who have started).

on defense
we return 2/3 DL, 3/4 LB (lose 2/4 but one was only a starter after an injury to the former starter who is back), lose both CB, return 1 safety.

It's a lot to overcome on paper, but we have 17 or 18 seniors in the 2-deep which helps a lot.

Here is a link to my preview i did position by position:
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/214579-invitation-usu-fans-2.html#post9917343

i'll go update it now that spring is done

on offense
We return our starting QB, RB, 2 WR (lose top 2 going by yards, but not by receptions or who is standing on the field when the game starts), and 1 OL (but a few who have started).

on defense
we return 2/3 DL, 3/4 LB (lose 2/4 but one was only a starter after an injury to the former starter who is back), lose both CB, return 1 safety.

It's a lot to overcome on paper, but we have 17 or 18 seniors in the 2-deep which helps a lot.

Here is a link to my preview i did position by position:
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/214579-invitation-usu-fans-2.html#post9917343

i'll go update it now that spring is done

Good Info. Thanks
I saw the QB play in the bowl game. He will be tough to handle (if he is healthy).

Whoever was the QB against NIU looked good. I don't recall his name. I've slept since then.

keeton was on the heisman watch list last year and had 20 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, and 1400 yards through 5 games. Garretson won me over by keeping the ship from sinking, but had 10/7/1400 in 8 games.

keeton was on the heisman watch list last year and had 20 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, and 1400 yards through 5 games. Garretson won me over by keeping the ship from sinking, but had 10/7/1400 in 8 games.

Keeton get I injured?

if so...how and is it lingering?

VN Store

Back