Vols Defensive Back Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part I. He's an idiot for putting himself in position to be arrested in the first place. Knowing spring break often involves drinking, pot use, and excessive youthful stupidity, you avoid the folly, not invite it. So, the arrest under whatever circumstances is on him.

Part II. The article quote says, Two officers stopped George and arrested him, after which the report states George said: "He hit me first. Why can't I hit him back?"

Knowing firsthand and being on rideouts how too many cops are these days, it wouldn't surprise he was provoked. A lot of officers escalate instead of deescalating situations. That doesn't remove Kenneth's stupidity for putting himself in a situation like this. Stupid really is as stupid does.
So we assume the cop provoked the incident "because of how cops are the days?".....lol....what do we assume about drunk college kids on spring break?

My experience with cops in florida during spring break are that they are very laxed, as long as you cooperate with their directions.

Damn guys, can we let all of the facts come out before you crucify the guy? Aren't a lot of you "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone" Folks? I'm sure Coach Pruitt will handle the situation accordingly and I will support his decision 100%.
The guy was quoted as saying "He hit me first. Why can't I hit him back? " about hitting a police officer. What other facts are going to come out that are going to nullify that other than it was a different Kenneth George Jr.? Get real.

While the officer likely deserved it, unfortunately you have to be the better man and not fight back. I've personally been assaulted by a KPD officer while in handcuffs and just had to suck it up.

doubt it he was a redshirt in JC so whats that tell ya ?
Who also didn't start in highschool. Remember his commitment story his HS coach had no idea the kid even was playing JUCO ball. Just a weird desperate take at the time due to striking out on all other DB options

While the officer likely deserved it, unfortunately you have to be the better man and not fight back. I've personally been assaulted by a KPD officer while in handcuffs and just had to suck it up.
Any proof the officer deserved to be assualted by a drunk person standing in the middle of a street?

Reactions: OnceAVol
So we assume the cop provoked the incident "because of how cops are the days?".....lol....what do we assume about drunk college kids on spring break?

My experience with cops in florida during spring break are that they are very laxed, as long as you cooperate with their directions.
The laxness of cops can depend on your skin color....

I'm sure you were doing nothing wrong, just minding your own business and sober as a judge.
Yep, being drunk constitutes getting your face kicked in while in handcuffs. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM and why people have to kneel for the national anthem.

Your experience isn't my experience, nor mine yours. 'Nuff said.

Yep, being drunk constitutes getting your face kicked in while in handcuffs. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM and why people have to kneel for the national anthem.
Yea, I'm sure some officer just singled you out of all the other drunks as you were minding your own business and you lawfully cooperated with all of his orders....THEN AFTER he handcuffed you, he put you on the ground, which you lawfully complied with and he proceeded to kick you in the face....yep...thousands of youtube videos of that very scenario. :rolleyes: 0ne of us is certainly a prime example of "the problem".

Your experience isn't my experience, nor mine yours. 'Nuff said.
True...im pretty sure cooperation with a police officer will lower the chances the officer with use any force on you. Not committing a crime lowers it even further.

And unfortunately for you, the number of police / citizen interactions versus the use of force numbers support what I say.

That is in no way intented to diminish those that are victims of actual police brutality and those officers should absolutely be held accountable, but to act like that is the norm is simply not true.

True...im pretty sure cooperation with a police officer will lower the chances the officer with use any force on you. Not committing a crime lowers it even further.

And unfortunately for you, the number of police / citizen interactions versus the use of force numbers support what I say.

That is in no way intented to diminish those that are victims of actual police brutality and those officers should absolutely be held accountable, but to act like that is the norm is simply not true.

Been through all those biased arguments by all sides. Statements like yours is just a prelude to wanting to create a shouting match, not a true debate. Proof? I gave 'nuf said and you still want to mud wrestle on the issue. Perhaps you didn't understand the phrase. "nuf said means nothing more needs to be said. In this particular case, nothing you say will alter my perception. Nothing I say will alter yours. Thus no point in further discourse between us on the matter. Hope that's clearer. We live in separate worlds hence our experiences are starkly different.

Been through all those biased arguments by all sides. Statements like your is just a prelude to wanting to create a shouting match, not a true debate. Proof? I gave 'nuf said and you still want to mud wrestle on the issue. Perhaps you didn't understand the phrase. "nuf said means nothing more needs to be said. In this particular case, nothing you say will alter my perception. Nothing I say will alter yours. Thus no point in further discourse between us on the matter. Hope that's clearer.
My response was more than reasonable and not provacative for a baised bebate at all. I would say your response of nuff said is more of that, as if you think someone is supposed to take your suggestion. If you dont want to conversate, dont. Much like ive done VolinPD, I said I was dont talking to him and haven't replied to him since. No ill will toward him or his view, its just not worth discussing. You should do the same.

Been through all those biased arguments by all sides. Statements like yours is just a prelude to wanting to create a shouting match, not a true debate. Proof? I gave 'nuf said and you still want to mud wrestle on the issue. Perhaps you didn't understand the phrase. "nuf said means nothing more needs to be said. In this particular case, nothing you say will alter my perception. Nothing I say will alter yours. Thus no point in further discourse between us on the matter. Hope that's clearer. We live in separate worlds hence our experiences are starkly different.
It's pretty simple actually. Ride with a gun? Get a carry permit. Driving a vehicle? Have valid license and insurance. Like to drink? Order a uber. Like to smoke weed? Do it at home and not in your car. Proper paperwork goes a long way regardless what walk of life you come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back