Vols at Hogs - Game 3 - 5PM

Arkansas is a very good hitting team, but I think if they had played in Knoxville, there is a very good chance that they would have taken 2 of 3. Home field definitely makes a difference in the SEC. Looking for at least 2 of 3 next weekend, better yet a sweep.

That the Vols were in the games two out of three against the Hogs is reassuring that better things are on the way. But, for a missed pop-up, Arkansas would be the defending national champs. I think they're even better this year. Tennessee is a team battling back into respectability. I don't think this improvement is a flash in the pan.

I think the Vols are as good or better than Arkansas in the pitching department. Not so much in fielding. In batting, the Hogs are in another universe.

Gotta get 4-5 more SEC wins. Feel good with 14, but 13 may not be enough. It’s not going to be easy. I don’t doubt we’ll be sweating it out the last weekend.

14 wont be enough, 15 last year for State was controversial. That said, you should make Hoover, so you may be able to pick up a couple of wins and sneak into the field.

14 wont be enough, 15 last year for State was controversial. That said, you should make Hoover, so you may be able to pick up a couple of wins and sneak into the field.

State was a 2 seed last year. They obviously had to do some work late in the season last year to get in the field, but at 15 wins there was no controversy. They got in with a 28 RPI.

A&M made it last year with 13 wins. Their RPI was 15. They helped themselves in the SEC tournament but their RPI carried them.

UK didn’t make it last year with 13 wins and an RPI of 30.

If UT reaches 13-14 wins, they’re trending for a top 15ish RPI. They may say 13-17 looks too bad, who knows, but a 14-16 record with a top 15 RPI should be good enough.

I have a hard time seeing the NCAA keeping out a team with that high of an RPI even with a losing conference record.

State was a 2 seed last year. They obviously had to do some work late in the season last year to get in the field, but at 15 wins there was no controversy. They got in with a 28 RPI.

A&M made it last year with 13 wins. Their RPI was 15. They helped themselves in the SEC tournament but their RPI carried them.

UK didn’t make it last year with 13 wins and an RPI of 30.

If UT reaches 13-14 wins, they’re trending for a top 15ish RPI. They may say 13-17 looks too bad, who knows, but a 14-16 record with a top 15 RPI should be good enough.

I have a hard time seeing the NCAA keeping out a team with that high of an RPI even with a losing conference record.

It would likely depend on how many SEC teams get in, and how well UT does in Hoover. If UT goes to Hoover with 13 or 14 wins and loses in the first round, they are out. Won’t matter what their RPI is at that point.

FYI:

UNC 2016:

Top 20 RPI
Top 10 SOS
ACC that year top RPI conference that. (Don’t know why)
14 wins top 50 RPI
13-17 in ACC which was 11th (out of 16, right?)

DID NOT GET IN NCAA

VN Store

Back