Vols at Hogs - Game 3 - 5PM

Big step backwards
I think it hurts, but I dont know if I’d say it's a big step backwards. We went on the road and went toe to toe with the No. 7 team in two of the three games. That error followed by a three-run homer on Friday was probably the difference (you never really know, but it was a big swing.) And today's game was a great game -- back and forth. Unfortunately, we fell just short.

All that said, it definitely hurts and puts more pressure on us for these final three series.

Go Vols.

Last edited:
I think it hurts, but I dont know if I’d say it's a big step backwards. We went on the road and went toe to toe with the No. 7 team in two of the three games. That error followed by a three-run homer on Friday was probably the difference (you never really know, but it was a big swing.) And today's game was a great game -- back and forth. Unfortunately, we fell just short.

All that said, it definitely hurts and puts more pressure on us for these final three series.

Go Vols.

Yep, not a big step back. Disappointing not to get one, but this team swept State that just swept GA. They are a great all around team.

Today was a great game.

Ft Desoto in st Petersburg, fl. We go to this one because the dog can roam free off the leash.

Ok not to side track but how would you compare St. Petersburg for a winter home/retirement?

Seems to have a lot of crime.

I am a Destin or Santa Rosa beach area kinda guy and have only been to Clearwater once many decades ago.

Gotta get 4-5 more SEC wins. Feel good with 14, but 13 may not be enough. It’s not going to be easy. I don’t doubt we’ll be sweating it out the last weekend.
13 SEC wins will get them in I think. Especially if they win the remaining two non con games. If they don’t get in then they should do away with the RPI and Non conference games then because both are completely meaningless. 13 SEC wins and they will have for sure a top 15 RPI.

Reactions: RollerVol
Big step backwards

Arkansas is a very good hitting team, but I think if they had played in Knoxville, there is a very good chance that they would have taken 2 of 3. Home field definitely makes a difference in the SEC. Looking for at least 2 of 3 next weekend, better yet a sweep.

Ok not to side track but how would you compare St. Petersburg for a winter home/retirement?

I am a Destin or Santa Rosa beach area kinda guy and have only been to Clearwater once many decades ago.
We moved here almost 9 years ago and I had some concerns about crime as well. We moved from Seymour so huge difference between the two areas. My wife grew up here so she knew the areas to look for housing. The biggest thing is the location. Hell, most of the time I leave my doors unlocked out of habit. The area is full of things to do year round and if you can think of it, there is some place to do it. I've never been to Destin so i dont know what their beaches and area are like but here you can find a beach for family, dogs, partying. If there is a hobby You have there is a place to do it here. You just have to know what you want. In my opinion and many others it is a nice place for either a winter home or retirement. One thing I will say is that the housing prices are very high here. There is very little new construction due to the lack of space. One can find some nice properties that have been remodeled though. If you want to talk more, just let me know and I'm sure we can figure out a way to get in direct communication.

13 SEC wins will get them in I think. Especially if they win the remaining two non con games. If they don’t get in then they should do away with the RPI and Non conference games then because both are completely meaningless. 13 SEC wins and they will have for sure a top 15 RPI.

13 wins keeps them on the bubble and sweating on selection Monday. 14 gets them in for sure.

No doubt. The SEC is so competitive that the 11th, 12th, and probably even last placed team are better than many other teams in the country. The fact that UT is 22-2 OOC and swept RPI 28 is evidence of that. You have to select the best teams for the NCAAT.

We had multiple variations of the 1thru 3 spots in the order. As a collective group they hit .146 for the weekend. If that’s not fixed then all this post season talk is meaningless......

As mentioned Saturday, I’d like to see Al lead off and Rucker 2nd.

Arkansas is a very good hitting team, but I think if they had played in Knoxville, there is a very good chance that they would have taken 2 of 3. Home field definitely makes a difference in the SEC. Looking for at least 2 of 3 next weekend, better yet a sweep.

After the missed opportunities this weekend, a sweep would be huge. Hoping , but I can't really bring myself to expect it.

No doubt. The SEC is so competitive that the 11th, 12th, and probably even last placed team are better than many other teams in the country. The fact that UT is 22-2 OOC and swept RPI 28 is evidence of that. You have to select the best teams for the NCAAT.
Especially when 5 of those wins came against Indiana (top 20 team) and Fresno (top 50) Liberty is good as well

Santa Rosa is susceptible to flooding...Destin not too shabby...check out South Walton...

GBO!

The below is from Boyd's World RPI Needs Report:

Tennessee

Remaining: 8 home, 3 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 7
ROWP: 0.586

Top 45:

No more wins needed.

Top 32:

0 home wins, 2 road wins
1 home wins, 1 road wins
2 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:

3 home wins, 3 road wins
4 home wins, 2 road wins
5 home wins, 1 road wins
6 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 8:

6 home wins, 3 road wins
7 home wins, 1 road wins
8 home wins, 0 road wins

So a top 32 RPI is pretty much assured and a top 16 RPI looks to be very attainable. I think a top 8 finish may be too difficult and out of our reach. Having said that, I don't know how the NCAA could keep out a top 16 RPI team even with a losing conference record. The RPI number is really carrying the Vols right now.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
The below is from Boyd's World RPI Needs Report:

Tennessee

Remaining: 8 home, 3 road, 0 neutral
Current RPI: 7
ROWP: 0.586

Top 45:

No more wins needed.

Top 32:

0 home wins, 2 road wins
1 home wins, 1 road wins
2 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 16:

3 home wins, 3 road wins
4 home wins, 2 road wins
5 home wins, 1 road wins
6 home wins, 0 road wins

Top 8:

6 home wins, 3 road wins
7 home wins, 1 road wins
8 home wins, 0 road wins

So a top 32 RPI is pretty much assured and a top 16 RPI looks to be very attainable. I think a top 8 finish may be too difficult and out of our reach. Having said that, I don't know how the NCAA could keep out a top 16 RPI team even with a losing conference record. The RPI number is really carrying the Vols right now.

Those 2 OOC games are just as important at this point. Lose either of those and the RPI takes a huge tumble.

VN Store

Back