Vols are the 6th best team in the SEC behind...

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Mond
That dude is underwhelmingly average.
Misses wide open passes all the time.

It's hard to believe Jimbo can't recruit better than him.
Can we really talk crap about a QB who account for 28 tds (20 pass 8 rush) this season...when our only has 35 (34 pass 1 rush) for a career??

Can we really talk crap about a QB who account for 28 tds (20 pass 8 rush) this season...when our only has 35 (34 pass 1 rush) for a career??

Mond has all kinds of talent around him and couldn't beat a ranked team this whole season. I guess last night counts.

But your point is taken. Our starter is significantly more frustrating.

Mond has all kinds of talent around him and couldn't beat a ranked team this whole season. I guess last night counts.

But your point is taken. Our starter is significantly more frustrating.
Im just saying i think sometime we as fans drink a little too much orange kool-aid. And come up looking bad makinf comments like that..

I disagree, a dual threat, "running QB" is extremely necessary for us to get back to winning the SEC.
Harrison Bailey says Hold My...anyway you get the point.

btw, Harrison Bailey is one of 4 10K passers in SOG history. check out his company, then let me know if you still want a dual threat...

then if you do. know that Jimmy Holiday is a dual threat.

Im just saying i think sometime we as fans drink a little too much orange kool-aid. And come up looking bad makinf comments like that..

I guess.
But regardless of how much our QB is average that doesn't mean we can't comment on another one.
And I wasn't comparing the two anyway...

I guess.
But regardless of how much our QB is average that doesn't mean we can't comment on another one.
And I wasn't comparing the two anyway...
I didnt think you were. And honestly i didnt realize it was your post. Your one of the more even keel poster..
No offense

Reactions: LittleVol
I have to disagree with you about us being better. I think we are close but I think A&M is a smidge better. We do not have a running QB.
A&M is deeper, and it shows, as they were able to beat Oklahoma State, while missing a few key pieces on offense and defense. Also Jimbo is a bit more seasoned than Coach Pruitt, naturally.

LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Alabama. It sure is nice to have our name back competing with those 5, question now is can we keep it up for more than 1 or 2 seasons and when do we start putting up wins vs Fl, Ga and Al.

Watching Texas A&M and I don't think they are as good as our Vols. I'd say that both teams are pretty evenly matched but I think we are better than them at nearly every position group on both sides of the ball thus we are 6 and A&M/Kentucky are competing for the 7th spot!!

Where will we be rated in the conference this time next season? I'm going to go with 3rd best next year behind Florida and AL but ahead of Ga, LSU and Auburn. Kentucky has a good program with Stoops going right now as well I feel.
We definitely ain't competing with them I mean all of them could easily beat us lol just like Florida, Georgia and Bama did

Of course, I don't, I don't play on a football team nor own one. :)

Seriously, sure you can get by without a running QB but you're overlooking what I said.
A QB with lead feet is a strong DL's favorite treat.
Unless you have an elite and experienced OL, the defense will eat

Dobbs was exceptional but when you can't protect the QB (i.e. JG) and he can't or won't run, you lose the majority of your games. UT's non-running QBs had quality OLs but we also had exceptional runners too like Holloway and Robinson. UT isn't the only university that had nonrunners get beat up when the OL couldn't protect them.
It's a good thing JG and Bailey have an oline that is developing into one of the top in the league and they have a stud in Gray to hand the ball to next year huh?

It’s not, but it can be like a cheat code. Say 2 QBs are equal passers, but one can also scramble - that adds two whole dimensions to your offense that opposing D’s must account for.
Defensive players are taught outside containment from a young age no matter who carries the ball.

Defensive players are taught outside containment from a young age no matter who carries the ball.
Most of it is already accounted for in the defense especially zones or the addition of a spy takes care of it, but if you are implying the quarterback is being used as an extra running back its already accounted for.

Not with Chaney's offense. Look at what each team in the playoff is running. Basically they run the same thing. High octane that’s gets big yardage and points. The old guard is done. Butch’s offense, at its best, is light years better than this.
Butchs offense???? You are joking right? Every time we run the ball with a half back he lines up 2 yards behind the QB in the gun? Butchs offense? The obe that every time we throw it the half back lines up beside the QB in the gun? Butchs offense is predictable!!

Ha, tell us how you really feel. I despised Butch’s offense. I thought it wasn’t our identity but I can understand your perspective. I think many teams were close with a similar profile to us currently but injuries or sub-elite qb play were the difference maker.
I thought under Debord the offense was quite good and the numbers bear that out. The defense sucked out loud. If we had any defense then Butch likely wins 11 games Dobbs’ senior year.

The more complete/elite your O roster is, the less athletic your QB needs to be. A mobile QB helps make up for lots of deficiencies and can elevate a good O to the next level. Peyton vs Tee...
The offense decreased production from 97 to 98. The defense was the difference maker

Harrison Bailey says Hold My...anyway you get the point.

btw, Harrison Bailey is one of 4 10K passers in SOG history. check out his company, then let me know if you still want a dual threat...

then if you do. know that Jimmy Holiday is a dual threat.

Actually, my thought was WE need a dual threat QB. If you have a QB that is in fact a fast, accurate passer, a QB with "vision" and a big strong, and solid O line, his rushing ability is far less important. If your O-line is one that has your QB chased out of the pocket-many times, all season, he has trouble delivering to the open man, and in fact doesn't even see or try to deliver to open receivers, then in my opinion we need a Dual Threat QB, JG is not a dual threat, we are #6 in the SEC.

Florida is probably the worst 10-2 team on college football history tbh

Neither is Bailey so I guess we’re screwed.
I guess we'll see, the important thing is to believe, yes believe the Oline will get us to the top of the SEC (please do not discuss powder puff games), and believe he shall almost never get chased out of the pocket or God forbid, sacked.

Actually, my thought was WE need a dual threat QB. If you have a QB that is in fact a fast, accurate passer, a QB with "vision" and a big strong, and solid O line, his rushing ability is far less important. If your O-line is one that has your QB chased out of the pocket-many times, all season, he has trouble delivering to the open man, and in fact doesn't even see or try to deliver to open receivers, then in my opinion we need a Dual Threat QB, JG is not a dual threat, we are #6 in the SEC.
watch and see.

Florida is probably the worst 10-2 team on college football history tbh
At the start of this season, there were those, some on this board, that had a hissy fit over FL being ranked in the top 25! They even demonstrated their lack of football knowledge by making a pronouncement, they claimed FL wouldn't be anywhere to be seen by mid season!! I wish we had been as bad as FL has been this year-or maybe even worse 11-1?

Still going to take Peyton all day. It's not entirely necessary. Pruitt just put the filled the gaps on our roster and added the necessary depth to compete for championships over the next few years and I bet jimmy holiday won't be our QB. It'll be Bailey. Peyton developed those guys Tee won the natty with.
Lulz. Yeah the question wasn’t Peyton vs “a mobile QB.”

And I’m not speculating on Harrison Bailey or any other specific QB. Just generally speaking, in college, I think a mobile QB helps cover up some deficiencies. But FTR, it’s pretty foolish to bet on a true Fr vs 5th yr Sr returning starter

VN Store

Back