Vols are the 6th best team in the SEC behind...

Being mid-pack in the SEC is improvement. The last several years we were bottom tier. With bowl , I want to see 9 or 10 wins next year. We are a long ways from elite, there are still some head scratchers like Ga. St. in our future. We are building depth, size and speed. The turn around is not as fast as we fans would like but I think we are at least going in the right direction.

With the two games we threw away to start the season, 9 wins and maybe after the bowl 10? So next year if we take care of business 9-10 should be likely.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
UT has had plenty of success over the eons of college football mostly without a running quarterback.
The more complete/elite your O roster is, the less athletic your QB needs to be. A mobile QB helps make up for lots of deficiencies and can elevate a good O to the next level. Peyton vs Tee...

You never know how Mond is going to play, he is inconsistent, plays like he doesn't want be there and next play breaks a big run or makes a great throw
Vol fans have saw a lot of same from Tenn Qb. Teams must have great leader to be successful and starts @ QB position, I hope we get that SOON...…...GO VOLS...…….

Reactions: LittleVol
Flushing down the commode, dog ****.

Go kiss your coaches wife.

I never understood how people don't get that. I mean, I thought it was a common understanding amongst sports fans that whether a rival or an opposing opponent was better than your team or not, they suck, they're the enemy, they're.... Well, dogchit. Who defends the gators and degrades the Vols, in the same damn sentence?

Lol. Amazing.

Not sure next year we can make a run at SECE, but do believe in two years we are regularly in the conversation. It looks like with Pruitt here we are going to recruit OL and DL and not get stuck in situations where we don’t have depth.
Next year I feel like we have depth now in all positions, but are still young.

No more “young” talk please. Every team is young, we are in fact talking about a bunch of 18-22 year old kids.

Before this season we were 3-9 against SC,Mizz,KY, and Vandy. Up till this season we didnt take care of buisness. I hope we take the next step. But before we crown ourselves the next sec champs. Take a step back. Lol

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I d
LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Alabama. It sure is nice to have our name back competing with those 5, question now is can we keep it up for more than 1 or 2 seasons and when do we start putting up wins vs Fl, Ga and Al.

Watching Texas A&M and I don't think they are as good as our Vols. I'd say that both teams are pretty evenly matched but I think we are better than them at nearly every position group on both sides of the ball thus we are 6 and A&M/Kentucky are competing for the 7th spot!!

Where will we be rated in the conference this time next season? I'm going to go with 3rd best next year behind Florida and AL but ahead of Ga, LSU and Auburn. Kentucky has a good program with Stoops going right now as well I feel.
I disagree. A & M lost all 5 games to Top 8 teams at the time they played and lost to 3 #1 teams. That is crazy. You have to give them an edge with talent, schedule difficulty, head coach with a Natty. Good argument, but we aren't ahead of them.

LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Alabama. It sure is nice to have our name back competing with those 5, question now is can we keep it up for more than 1 or 2 seasons and when do we start putting up wins vs Fl, Ga and Al.

Watching Texas A&M and I don't think they are as good as our Vols. I'd say that both teams are pretty evenly matched but I think we are better than them at nearly every position group on both sides of the ball thus we are 6 and A&M/Kentucky are competing for the 7th spot!!

Where will we be rated in the conference this time next season? I'm going to go with 3rd best next year behind Florida and AL but ahead of Ga, LSU and Auburn. Kentucky has a good program with Stoops going right now as well I feel.

3 of those 5 beat us by 22 or more this year, so I’m not sure competing is the right word.

Reactions: BeardedVol
I never understood how people don't get that. I mean, I thought it was a common understanding amongst sports fans that whether a rival or an opposing opponent was better than your team or not, they suck, they're the enemy, they're.... Well, dogchit. Who defends the gators and degrades the Vols, in the same damn sentence?

Lol. Amazing.
are you talking to me? let me make myself 110% crystal clear. Florida Football, its HBCuck, and its fans are total dog poopoo, regardless of any record. There should be no reason why i need to kiss their hindquarters...this is our board, they're our guests. Beside, i dont like taste of dog poo.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP and Behr
I d

I disagree. A & M lost all 5 games to Top 8 teams at the time they played and lost to 3 #1 teams. That is crazy. You have to give them an edge with talent, schedule difficulty, head coach with a Natty. Good argument, but we aren't ahead of them.
They had 2 Srs that played this year, they don't have more talent I feel.

are you talking to me? let me make myself 110% crystal clear. Florida Football, its HBCuck, and its fans are total dog poopoo, regardless of any record. There should be no reason why i need to kiss their hindquarters...this is our board, they're our guests. Beside, i dont like taste of dog poo.
You drunk? Lol, I was agreeing with you and defending your comments 100%.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
A & M recruiting classes national rankings:
2020 #8
2019 #3
2018 #16
2017 #11

Good guys
2020 #18
2019 #11
2018 #23
2017 #15

I think A &M has more talent, but maybe not as much as I previously thought. However, they have a decided edge at probably the most important position, QB. I really think Mond is super talented. He needs to live up to his billing though. GBO.

Lol. Amazing.

I just deal with reality. Sorry I ruined the fanboy party. Carry on

if we win 8-9 regular season games it'll be a great season...but please, don't believe we'll just cakewalk into the SECC...we've still got a couple years to contend for that (if recruiting holds up)...I would like to be wrong though...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE HOOSIERS!

From what I am seeing of the Memphis vs Penn 'state game UT is not even the best team in the state of Tennessee.

The more complete/elite your O roster is, the less athletic your QB needs to be. A mobile QB helps make up for lots of deficiencies and can elevate a good O to the next level. Peyton vs Tee...
Still going to take Peyton all day. It's not entirely necessary. Pruitt just put the filled the gaps on our roster and added the necessary depth to compete for championships over the next few years and I bet jimmy holiday won't be our QB. It'll be Bailey. Peyton developed those guys Tee won the natty with.

Of course, I don't, I don't play on a football team nor own one. :)

Seriously, sure you can get by without a running QB but you're overlooking what I said.
A QB with lead feet is a strong DL's favorite treat.
Unless you have an elite and experienced OL, the defense will eat

Dobbs was exceptional but when you can't protect the QB (i.e. JG) and he can't or won't run, you lose the majority of your games. UT's non-running QBs had quality OLs but we also had exceptional runners too like Holloway and Robinson. UT isn't the only university that had nonrunners get beat up when the OL couldn't protect them.
Well good thing Bailey and JG have an oline and a stud in Gray .

A & M recruiting classes national rankings:
2020 #8
2019 #3
2018 #16
2017 #11

Good guys
2020 #18
2019 #11
2018 #23
2017 #15

I think A &M has more talent, but maybe not as much as I previously thought. However, they have a decided edge at probably the most important position, QB. I really think Mond is super talented. He needs to live up to his billing though. GBO.

I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Mond
That dude is underwhelmingly average.
Misses wide open passes all the time.

It's hard to believe Jimbo can't recruit better than him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back