Vols are the 6th best team in the SEC behind...

PulaskiVolFan

LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Alabama. It sure is nice to have our name back competing with those 5, question now is can we keep it up for more than 1 or 2 seasons and when do we start putting up wins vs Fl, Ga and Al.

Watching Texas A&M and I don't think they are as good as our Vols. I'd say that both teams are pretty evenly matched but I think we are better than them at nearly every position group on both sides of the ball thus we are 6 and A&M/Kentucky are competing for the 7th spot!!

Where will we be rated in the conference this time next season? I'm going to go with 3rd best next year behind Florida and AL but ahead of Ga, LSU and Auburn. Kentucky has a good program with Stoops going right now as well I feel.

Last edited:
I think it’s a very strong possibility we’re in towards the end next year for the East. The way our schedule is set up is almost a perfect storm. I think we beat Oklahoma and one of UF, UGA, and Bama.
I like it!! I'm also going to predict 2-2 vs the big4 next year and hoping for 3-1. History says we'll go 0-4 but times are changing I feel.

Watching the same game, and find myself hoping that we are A&M's peers. They don't look bad.

They're playing mostly inspired defense tonight, and are scoring offensively on a limited number of impact, bunch-yard plays. Sound familiar? Yeah, to me too.

I do think we and A&M fill that open space between the top 5 teams of the conference, and the 7 lower-tier competitors. It's a big gap. We and A&M are both clearly floating somewhere around in it. A&M is showing tonight they're closer to the upper 5 than the lower 7.

Playing big boy football. I'm hoping that's what we show, as well, in a few days.

LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Alabama. It sure is nice to have our name back competing with those 5, question now is can we keep it up for more than 1 or 2 seasons and when do we start putting up wins vs Fl, Ga and Al.

Watching Texas A&M and I don't think they are as good as our Vols. I'd say that both teams are pretty evenly matched but I think we are better than them at nearly every position group on both sides of the ball thus we are 6 and A&M/Kentucky are competing for the 7th spot!!

Where will we be rated in the conference this time next season? I'm going to go with 3rd best next year behind Florida and AL but ahead of Ga, LSU and Auburn. Kentucky has a good program with Stoops going right now as well I feel.
I have to disagree with you about us being better. I think we are close but I think A&M is a smidge better. We do not have a running QB.

Reactions: kbear01
Kellen Mond is hot garbage. He consistently over throws his receivers. They mostly throw pass plays less than 5 yards. Mond has been bad all year. Their run blocking is horrible.

I believe it was at SEC media days when he said he thought he was the best QB in the SEC...it’s good to have confidence but it’s better to be realistic...

Kellen Mond is hot garbage. He consistently over throws his receivers. They mostly throw pass plays less than 5 yards. Mond has been bad all year. Their run blocking is horrible.
I agree, I think our defense would stack up great vs their offense. Mond is serviceable but seems to make a bunch of mistakes.

Reactions: savannahfan
I have us behind Texas AM but otherwise I’m with you. They only lost this year to highly ranked teams
It could go either way but I like our defense against their offense and their pass rush isn't anything our line could not handle which means JG would have plenty of time to throw and he's pretty good when given time, not as good when rushed.

Watching the same game, and find myself hoping that we are A&M's peers. They don't look bad.

They're playing mostly inspired defense tonight, and are scoring offensively on a limited number of impact, bunch-yard plays. Sound familiar? Yeah, to me too.

I do think we and A&M fill that open space between the top 5 teams of the conference, and the 7 lower-tier competitors. It's a big gap. We and A&M are both clearly floating somewhere around in it. A&M is showing tonight they're closer to the upper 5 than the lower 7.

Playing big boy football. I'm hoping that's what we show, as well, in a few days.
We'll see how they both end up. I think we're closer to the top 3 than that and believe it'll show behind an experienced team the next 2 years.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I’d put A&M above us simply because they’ve been playing Big Boy ball on a semi-regular basis for the last few years. We haven’t.

Not saying we couldn’t beat them - we might, but I’d think that their guys would have a greater expectation to win going in and I wouldn’t want to bet against them.

Now in two years, assuming we continue to recruit like we have the last couple years and assuming either Bailey or Maurer pans out, I’d say we’ll jump at least a couple of those teams, maybe more.

I believe it was at SEC media days when he said he thought he was the best QB in the SEC...it’s good to have confidence but it’s better to be realistic...

I will be surprised if he gets drafted. He is just good enough to keep the starting job but mediocre enough not get a team past 9 wins at best.

Reactions: Sarms58 and cgrish
I think it’s a very strong possibility we’re in it towards the end next year for the East. The way our schedule is set up is almost a perfect storm. I think we beat Oklahoma and one of UF, UGA, and Bama.

I think it all depends on who our qb is. With good consistant qb play I think we can compete for the sec championship next year. If qb play is as inconsistant next year as this year imo we will have the about the same amount of wins as this year.

VN Store

Back