Vols 6th in AP Poll

I looked at Memphis schedule. They have beaten almost every team that has underachieved. Arky, TAM, UVA. Their best win looks like Clemson who is not in the Top 25 anymore. Overall their conference is weak besides FAU. Besides Houston, they are the only team ranked in the Top 10 that hasn't faced a current or previously ranked Top 10 team so far.
Houston isn't even in their conference, anymore. Big 12, now.

Hardaway is a liar,he accused Coach Barnes of not wanting to shake hands with him after the game a couple years ago,lie #2 is saying all his players had been vaccinated for the covid a few years ago and Memphis had to cancel a game because several Memphis players had the covid,it was found they hadnt been vaccinated.i just love to see Memphis lose ball games!

There’s your first problem. Watching every Memphis game.
In his defense, they've been a pretty damn good team. Heck, I remember the early 70s final four team, and their return to prominence in the early 80s with Keith Lee and Co. They were a staple in the old Metro Conference, loaded with great basketball programs

Penny has always had a ridiculous ego from birth I'd say..I know he was 100% one of fhe reasons Shaq left the Magic in 92..Shaq was the main reason Penny got a truckload or money at the time.Theu actually would have had a ring if Penny wasn't such an egotistical prick.Yall rem when he had the dumb "Black Keys" Cornball crap?Oh and he came at Barnes over the flopping stuff,that was there big beef iirc

My big question: How is Houston still 5????
-Memphis 10th
-Here comes Duke
-Wisconsin at 11 helps us
-Ole Miss back in
Mississippi State is the better Mississippi team… at least now that Tolu is back and starting. They’re being discounted because he’s only started two games so far. Bet they’re top 20 by the SEC tourney.

I watch every Memphis game and all his interviews. He is humble in all of them. Gives credit to the staff and players before himself. Nothing about Penny makes me think arrogant or ego. I've done my due diligence on this one
I don’t think you can determine if a guy is humble or arrogant based on a presser. That’s not even close to due diligence.

Do you think that Hugh freeze is a pious man? cuz if you listen to his interviews…. 😂

They're one of the teams with the biggest gap between the polls and the metrics. 68 in Torvik, 45 in Kenpom, 39 in NET. I think they'll get enough Q1 wins to be fine with the selection committee but they may not get a seed that matches with their poll ranking.
Torvik does not care for Memphis. Memphis is barely beating average teams at home even with their new Superstar

Stop Jones you stop Memphis

In his defense, they've been a pretty damn good team. Heck, I remember the early 70s final four team, and their return to prominence in the early 80s with Keith Lee and Co. They were a staple in the old Metro Conference, loaded with great basketball programs
Yep they are better this year. I attribute that to finally hiring a coach (Rick Stansbury) who can actually draw up a play. That and adding 10 transfers with some talent. The program is a revolving door and will be every year that One Cent is there.

VN Store

Back