Vols #10 in latest CFP rankings

Milton has a lot of pressure on him to show we are same team or same offense without Hooker. Our offense will be tailored a different way with Milton, but as long as we come out and hang our usual 40-50 points and win, we'll be fine. I think we are lucky to only drop to #10 with Hooker's injury. Almost as if the CFP is giving us a chance to prove we are more than Hooker.

No pressure for Milton, other than the self imposed. If Hooker was healthy, I don’t think we’re dropping 5 spots, CFP took that into consideration I am sure.

Frankly, we should be 8, but the selection committee is probably like me wanting to see how we will play without The Hook. CFP Committee is about the 4 best playing teams with the record at the time. While I hate last week, I am very happy we are heading in the right direction. Have you seen how many starred defensive guys we got for 2023?

Milton has a lot of pressure on him to show we are same team or same offense without Hooker. Our offense will be tailored a different way with Milton, but as long as we come out and hang our usual 40-50 points and win, we'll be fine. I think we are lucky to only drop to #10 with Hooker's injury. Almost as if the CFP is giving us a chance to prove we are more than Hooker.

I think the committee has been fair to us all year. They made us #1 in the first showing, even though a reasonable analysis showed Georgia probably would beat us. It was the right call because of the quality of our wins at the time, but very few people gave us much chance to win that game. When we did lose they dropped us to #5 which made sense given the other teams with good records. Sure we probably beat a TCU, but it’s the same kind of logic that has us #1. Probably we are better but they have the better record and get the nod until proven otherwise. Dropping us to #10 after the egg we laid on Saturday seems very fair.

No pressure for Milton, other than the self imposed. If Hooker was healthy, I don’t think we’re dropping 5 spots, CFP took that into consideration I am sure.

Yes. But I also don't see how you don't drop us to 10-12 range even if Hooker is healthy after that beatdown.

We had one chance in the second half to take charge and we didn't. We stalled opening possession of second half, forced a punt on defense, scored, adn then all hell broke lose

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Frankly, we should be 8, but the selection committee is probably like me wanting to see how we will play without The Hook. CFP Committee is about the 4 best playing teams with the record at the time. While I hate last week, I am very happy we are heading in the right direction. Have you seen how many starred defensive guys we got for 2023?

I get that. I think we could have been ranked anywhere between 8 at best and 12 at worst. I'm not mad being ranked behind Bama. Our 3 point win over them was a great win, but whatever equity we built from that win was pretty much wiped out with a ass whooping in Carolina.

I am happy that KH picked Vandy. Every time he picks us, we lose! He picked Florida, Alabama, and LSU. He couldn't pick the SC game b/c he was calling, but I am sure he told his group he picked TN. KH is the new Corso.

That being said, have you ever imagined that KH came over to your house and you were watching a game together, and he was talking as much as he does during a broadcast? I would have to (can't say this anymore, too much woke) him!

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I think Milton is under less pressure now than if we won at SC tho. I think Milton can be the next hooker if he can control his bazooka arm

That is the truth

People in comments losing their minds. However, LSU's back half schedule really gave them opportunity to run table to have shot. LSU didn't pick their league schedule order, but they definitely benefited from the second half.

Is the orange bowl slotted via rankings or selected by the committee? My understanding is the cotton bowl is selected by the committee and is considered the same level as the orange bowl this year.
Orange Bowl is a "contract bowl" between the ACC and highest ranked SEC/Big Ten non-champion or Notre Dame when Orange is not a semifinal game

Bowl Selection Process

If we are being penalized in the rankings because Hooker is out for the year... then that should be a key indicator that he's the Heisman favorite right?
Lol no. Its just they don't trust our offense will run as effectively as with Hooker. Which is very reasonable based off our sample size.

So Clemson/Michigan?
That was my first thought but I think the Big Ten champ is guaranteed a spot in the Rose Bowl, but since that's Ohio State (hypothetically) Michigan would take their spot and it would come down to Tennessee or Penn State, whoever is ranked higher.

I'm still trying to figure all this out so forgive me if I'm overlooking something.

That’s fine. We deserve anguish after that pathetic performance against the sorry ass chicken. I bet Ratsh** doesn’t even toss 100 yards against Clemson.
No team deserves to have their season ruined by one bad game.... I mean we sucked it up but going from playoffs to no NY6 would be a little over the top, IMO.

That said, BEAT VANDY, BADLY.

Not a gimme....

That’s fine. We deserve anguish after that pathetic performance against the sorry ass chicken. I bet Ratsh** doesn’t even toss 100 yards against Clemson.

Most likely. Clemson has a defensive line that can easily get pressure with 4, much less 3

VN Store

Back