Vols #10 in latest CFP rankings

If they get blown out they'll drop one spot below Tennessee. Head-to-head is a big deal.

I don't think Head to Head matters that much with Hooker's injury. We are not the same Tennessee team without Hendon when placed beside Bama and LSU. Not saying that is fair, but that is how the committee would look at it. I think we are very lucky to only drop to #10 factoring in Hooker's injury

Lol. They value conference championships and we are missing our heisman QB (which plays a big factor). Sorry to burst your bubble. They also don’t punish teams as much for losses in their championship game either so LSU may not drop more than 3 spots.
SoRrY tO bUrSt YoUr BuBbLe

Whatever dude.

But honestly the conference championship does help. I forgot about that.

I mean they are in prime position. They beat UGA and they are in.....

1- UGA
7- Bama
Pre CFP / AP#7 - Ole Miss

Would be the most impressive trio of wins for any team this year.

Tennessee and FSU, for their losses, should finish 19-5 combined.... Not terrible record for teams they lost too.
Is beating Ole Miss really that impressive at this point?

I’d be good with an Orange bowl versus Clemson. Would love to see them throttle South Carolina and then we play them and beat them handily. I know the transitive property is silly in football, but it would still look and maybe could be shown as a bit of redemption.

That said, we are back to the same what if games we were playing with the playoffs, which is fine because we are fans. Mostly though the team right now needs to beat Vanderbilt. So fun for us to speculate, but if the possibilities for how we could end up losing a better bowl bid start to be worrisome, always keep in mind they need to handle other business first. Plenty of time to be stressed about who gets what bowl when it matters more.

If they get blown out they'll drop one spot below Tennessee. Head-to-head is a big deal.

I still think the Aggies beat them this weekend in College Station and that’s a win win for everybody. I can see Ga playing a close game like they did against KY and the committee not punishing LSU for a close loss.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I wish he’d have a connection to uhaul and move back to Ohio St

He is well connected and received inside information within most programs. But there always seems to be drama at TN which is so frustrating. Life goes on but why couldn’t the locker room crap wait til After the season? TN was in the mix of a dam$ playoff hunt and a miraculous season. While it’s been a great yr, it could have been better. And yes they are young men, but other programs mis t deal with NIL, etc. too.

What happens if Clemson loses to South Carolina this weekend while Florida beats FSU. SC and FSU would both be 8-4 teams that beat Tennessee and LSU. Tennessee lost on the road. LSU lost (basically) at home.

I still think the Aggies beat them this weekend in College Station and that’s a win win for everybody. I can see Ga playing a close game like they did against KY and the committee not punishing LSU for a close loss.
Would be hilarious but don’t see how that could ever happen with that offense.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I'm very confused about 2-loss LSU being ranked so far ahead of Tennessee. Yes, we lost. But we beat them head to head and our best wins are against the same team.

Sir, we got boat raced -

I mean DESTROYED - by a team -that by any measure - is on par with, if not worse than, UL-M.

And when I say destroyed, I mean blown out like Nebraska used to do to Prarie View back in the mid 1990s. And our QB1 is gone.

Idk man. LSU's playoff chances since initial rankings (they debuted at #10) was winning out. If they were to beat #7 Bama and #1 Georgia, I think they would have the easiest claim to a playoff spot over USC who's best win with a 12-1 record could be the #9 team at best.

LSU could have 3 wins in closing stretch vs Top 7 teams, including #1..... USC best 3 wins would be #16 UCLA, #15 ND, #9 Oregon.....

Good resumé 99% of the time. LSU is the 1%
No ok maybe I didn't explain clearly. Right now what they have accomplished LSU deserves to be ranked ahead of USC. My point of working itself out was likely imo LSU loses to Georgia and USC wins out. If thats the case USC will claim their spot. Now if I am wrong and LSU wins out with what they have already accomplished plus adding Georgia as a win assuming they don't stub toe in this last regular season game against A&M.

Is the orange bowl slotted via rankings or selected by the committee? My understanding is the cotton bowl is selected by the committee and is considered the same level as the orange bowl this year.

No ok maybe I didn't explain clearly. Right now what they have accomplished LSU deserves to be ranked ahead of USC. My point of working itself out was likely imo LSU loses to Georgia and USC wins out. If thats the case USC will claim their spot. Now if I am wrong and LSU wins out with what they have already accomplished plus adding Georgia as a win assuming they don't stub toe in this last regular season game against A&M.

Correct. I think people are worried about LSU ruining our bowl chances when I think the exact opposite and think they are non factor. They win, they are in the playoff with Georgia. They lose, they have 3rd loss and prolly drop far enough where a 10-2 Tennessee gets slotted ahead of a 10-3 LSU

So their loss to Florida State and being throttled at home by 4 touchdowns to Tennessee doesn’t matter?

LSU has losses to 2 teams in the top 25 for CFP. Our loss to Carolina worse than either of their losses AND, they are in championship game which trumps the head to head. I believe that is why the committee has them where they have them.. Being in the SEC Championship game is a BIG DEAL with committee. They beat Georgia and both will be in the playoffs. its just the strength of the SEC

Sir, we got boat raced -

I mean DESTROYED - by a team -that by any measure - is on par with, if not worse than, UL-M.

And when I say destroyed, I mean blown out like Nebraska used to do to Prarie View back in the mid 1990s. And our QB1 is gone.
South Carolina has better wins than Florida State (who hasn't defeated a ranked team this year).

I know it bothers the coaches and players more than it does fans, but golly, we were right there on the doorstep, that really set in tonight for me with the CFP announcement and two teams we beat ranked ahead. I hope we Cafego VU this weekend, take out a little frustration.

GBO!!!

Would be hilarious but don’t see how that could ever happen with that offense.

I live here and for 2 weeks that’s all Aggies have talked about - how the LSU game is their bowl game and they are relishing the opportunity to knock them out of the playoff. A&M is hit or miss this year but they did come within a play of knocking off Bama in Tuscaloosa. Could get interesting

LSU has losses to 2 teams in the top 25 for CFP. Our loss to Carolina worse than either of their losses AND, they are in championship game which trumps the head to head. I believe that is why the committee has them where they have them.. Being in the SEC Championship game is a BIG DEAL with committee. They beat Georgia and both will be in the playoffs. its just the strength of the SEC

Yeah, honestly they deserve some credit. Sure we beat them soundly, but they have looked better as the season has gone on. If they win against Georgia that should mean something good for them. It’s more about what good they’ve done than having lost to us. To avoid being potentially passed over by them we just had to handle our business, and we did not.

I know it bothers the coaches and players more than it does fans, but golly, we were right there on the doorstep, that really set in tonight for me with the CFP announcement and two teams we beat ranked ahead. I hope we Cafego VU this weekend, take out a little frustration.

GBO!!!

Milton has a lot of pressure on him to show we are same team or same offense without Hooker. Our offense will be tailored a different way with Milton, but as long as we come out and hang our usual 40-50 points and win, we'll be fine. I think we are lucky to only drop to #10 with Hooker's injury. Almost as if the CFP is giving us a chance to prove we are more than Hooker.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
If we are being penalized in the rankings because Hooker is out for the year... then that should be a key indicator that he's the Heisman favorite right?

VN Store

Back