VolQuest: DC Job Likely Down to Conklin and Rodgers

Weird that Conklin is hiring coaches today...plus his season starts soon just don't see it

Thanks for posting. I know my perspective is that we should know very soon then.

Some of these coaches just like getting recruited.

I would ask two questions and then move on. You most likely already know the other stuff due to vetting and knowing their past.

1. Are you interested? Yes or No?
2. This is the contract, do you want it? Yes or No?

They are either hired or eliminated in two questions.

All Rodgers has to do when he walks into a potential recruit's house, and they ask why Tennessee

063e68a128b9d5473738a1c9a04a4095.gif

I personally don't care for turnover dependent defenses. I want a defense built on a beefy DL and explosive LBs. You control the line of scrimmage, you control the game.
Should’ve put your hat in for HC. The one who got hired explicitly expressed that he wanted the turnover producing version.

Thanks for posting. I know my perspective is that we should know very soon then.

Some of these coaches just like getting recruited.

I would ask two questions and then move on. You most likely already know the other stuff due to vetting and knowing their past.

1. Are you interested? Yes or No?
2. This is the contract, do you want it? Yes or No?

They are either hired or eliminated in two questions.

I doubt Rodgers is screwing around with his alma mater. Pretty sure the interest is legit. Definitely not to just flatter his ego.

Price and Hubbs discuss the DC search here. They said that it “feels like this job will definitely go to either Kacy Rodgers or Josh Conklin.” They added that UT probably likes Rodgers more than Conklin, but that Conklin “obviously wants the job.”
I am good with either one. Josh Conklin seems to be a rising star.

I personally don't care for turnover dependent defenses. I want a defense built on a beefy DL and explosive LBs. You control the line of scrimmage, you control the game.

It’s a defense that’s required to complement Heupel’s offense. His offense is hyper fast and can score fast or go 3 and out even faster. It puts a lot of pressure on the defense and they will gas out easily. Therefore, instead you have to try to force turnovers and focus on 3d down. Look no further than Ole Miss this year

With Steele not leaving yet, my guess is he is willing to stay on as a LB coach.

Steele will be linebackers coach. For him to get his buyout from Auburn, he couldn't take a job that was equal or better than what he had. If he did, then his buyout would offset from his new job. So just being linebackers coach he will get full buyout from Auburn and get paid from UT.

Steele will be linebackers coach. For him to get his buyout from Auburn, he couldn't take a job that was equal or better than what he had. If he did, then his buyout would offset from his new job. So just being linebackers coach he will get full buyout from Auburn and get paid from UT.
Will his ego allow the demotion?

VN Store

Back