Vol Navy Information

Down the river?? Hope you are up toward the VA or NC lines. Otherwise if you are toward GA or Al you are gonna be going up river. Around here where I live we go UP to Florence Al. (which lies to south) and Down to Paris Tn. (which lies to the north). You think this doesn't confuse "outsiders"? 😂
I took a geography of Tennessee class way back in the day and learned that Knoxville is where it is pretty much because that’s as far upriver as you could get where it was still navigable for riverboats. This got me curious and I looked to see how much farther upriver you can go. Not too far, turns out. Once you go up the Holston or French Broad, neither of Cherokee or Douglas dams have locks.

Last edited:
I have a family friend who is a retired Naval captain. He’s not a Vol fan, but his daughter is a close family friend of my wife and the friend’s dad (the captain) heard about the Vol Navy and loved the idea of it and wanted to look into how to participate.

Does anyone know where I can find more info about the Vol Navy and how to participate? Do you have to reserve dock space? Any info would be helpful. I’d love to find a way to charter a boat and sail down the river with this family for a game this fall, but I’ve never really understood how it all works.
Don't get in the way of the Goal Post Crossing Zone.... Bammers are coming to town in October.

VN Store

Back